Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Took a screenshot of the QR code, printed it onto a key fob (like other stores). Handier. Just activate all offers in advance.

Interesting. That means they are storing the info about what you are going to redeem in the cloud (or at HQ) rather than it sitting on your phone. And the "till receipt" as well.
    Therefore this could be heading towards making the card terminals redundant - if they have your bill in-house, as it were, it's a small step from there to being able to ask you to click "pay" and they get it from your bank and verify to the cashier that you are done. So they don't have to pay commission to the credit card companies, or PayPal, or Google/Apple Money.

Hmmm...if I had shares in card readers/terminals/PayPal/Visa I might be thinking of unloading...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

Got my 5 of 25 spend added to the app yesterday so went to lidl earlier, activated the coupons and none of them worked at the till! Was charged full price for everything and no 5 of 25 applied. Told me that maybe I activated too many coupons! Then told perhaps it will work the next time I shop ! Ha! There is not going to be a next time. I will be contacting lidl again and they can either refund me or I will return every single item.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Downloaded the app, bought 40 euros worth of stuff, walked out and totally forgot to use the app and special offers:o

If you happen to go to a different lidl then the one you have specified in the app are you penalised? Do you actually have to edit the store address in the app if you plan to go to a different store?

chasm wrote: »
    Got my 5 of 25 spend added to the app yesterday so went to lidl earlier, activated the coupons and none of them worked at the till! Was charged full price for everything and no 5 of 25 applied. Told me that maybe I activated too many coupons! Then told perhaps it will work the next time I shop ! Ha! There is not going to be a next time. I will be contacting lidl again and they can either refund me or I will return every single item.

Email them a copy of the receipt and screen print of your app and Im sure they will sort you out lidl have excellent customer service:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Did you choose to pay for the items knowing you weren't getting the discount?

Of all the things going on in the world ffs.

• Advertisement

Did you choose to pay for the items knowing you weren't getting the discount?

Of all the things going on in the world ffs.

wireless earbuds in listening to audible book :o totally in world of my own :o my bad. only got 3 of the specials so kinda forgot

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

OmegaGene wrote: »
    no irish network will charge for these texts, they are not premium texts

Yeah, that's what the network said too but some ppl on here seem to think they would be charged

Alun wrote: »
    I did a little experiment just now, turned off Wi-Fi and 4G and started up the app. It gives you an error message all right, and you can't do anything with offers etc., but you can still click on the button to display the QR code OK.

But if you activate your coupons, open your card then put phone on airplane mode you can still scan it and get the discounts. Handy hack for stores with poor coverage!

i cant get this to work - have an activated coupon but nothing comes up in store. also none of my receipts are coming through. Anyone seen the same?

Happened me one day last week, closed down the app fully and opened again and it fixed it.

Took a screenshot of the QR code, printed it onto a key fob (like other stores). Handier. Just activate all offers in advance.

Kinda defeats the entire point of the app, no?

• Advertisement

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    I got an alert yesterday Monday that there were new offers but nothing has appeared. I still have one offer that I don't want from last time that will not expire until tomorrow (Wednesday) - is it possible I won't see the new offers until the last of the old ones expire?

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled - was a bit worried it would lose all data but once I identified my preferred store, it brought me to the sign-in page,I keyed in my phone number and my phone remembered the password and away we went - all my data is there. But it still doesn't show any new offers.

Last shop was Thursday 30th. I got the scratch card immediately and as I was bored I went back in and redeemed it (€2) against a €2.99 wrench!

Since then nothing - no more scratch card, no new offers. Did get the new leaflet.

Teething troubles?
    Just be patient?

Just be patient. The week before last the new coupons appeared on Thursday and were valid for 7 days. Might have been the notice saying the leaflet was there?

You can use it in any store, regardless of the one you mark as "favourite".

mary_a2020 wrote: »
    But if you activate your coupons, open your card then put phone on airplane mode you can still scan it and get the discounts. Handy hack for stores with poor coverage!

Whats this about wifi and bluetooth? Does the APP work on bluetooth, wifi or simply a screen photo image from your android? I assumed you click the lidl plus icon and that brought up your QR code and that the scanner took a pic of that? Do i need to connect to the lidl wifi or have bluetooth on at counter?:confused:

I got an email on Saturday saying they were aware of an issue and apologised etc. Perhaps you are also affected? I spoke to a lovely guy in their customer service who fixed mine and even gave me a coupon in my app to say sorry. They couldn't have been more helpful in fairness and it's their first week so I'm sure there are teething problems..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

All I got was a 50c off next shopping on scratchcard

Downloaded the app, bought 40 euros worth of stuff, walked out and totally forgot to use the app and special offers:o

If you happen to go to a different lidl then the one you have specified in the app are you penalised? Do you actually have to edit the store address in the app if you plan to go to a different store?

You can use it in any store!

Whats this about wifi and bluetooth? Does the APP work on bluetooth, wifi or simply a screen photo image from your android? I assumed you click the lidl plus icon and that brought up your QR code and that the scanner took a pic of that? Do i need to connect to the lidl wifi or have bluetooth on at counter?:confused:

If you don't have any mobile coverage, you can still use Lidl Plus. As long as you have your coupons activated and you have your card open, you can then use Lidl Plus without any signal or internet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I got the push alert saying new deals were available yesterday, I think they run from Thursday to Thursday.

Maybe the push alert was sent early in error?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

I got the push alert saying new deals were available yesterday, I think they run from Thursday to Thursday.

Maybe the push alert was sent early in error?

Yeah the coupons tell you last day to use them, for these ones its the 5th.

Handily enough page 2 of the new leaflet lists the prices for the new coupons. Ad further in doesn't.

I was hoping for new coupons today but it’s tomorrow I’m a sad person who checked the app at midnight lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Scratch and win discontinued?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I got another one so don’t think so. Won some chocolate. Got €2 off last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

I have one waiting on deals, as the expiry is longer when you dont scratch it, also let the excitement build ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Leaving lidl have 24 7 access to my data in exchange for a fiver off, ya good one.

Then of course the app will self destruct the phone as soon as you go into an Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Leaving lidl have 24 7 access to my data in exchange for a fiver off, ya good one

I’m sure they’re overpaying at €5.

Nope, but you only get them if there is 72 hours between your transactions!

Leaving lidl have 24 7 access to my data in exchange for a fiver off, ya good one.

Then of course the app will self destruct the phone as soon as you go into an Aldi.

Was in my local Aldi the other day and witnessed a very stressed customer querying the manager about why her app wasnt being accepted 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

Does the €2 off in scratch and win work for everything or just treats?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

Does the €2 off in scratch and win work for everything or just treats?

€2 off anything you purchase, they actually deducted a % off every item shown on your receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

amber2 wrote: »
    €2 off anything you purchase, they actually deducted a % off every item shown on your receipt.

I think the €2 is straight off as there's no minimum spend.
    The €5 off €25 spend is as a % off everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I think the €2 is straight off as there's no minimum spend.
    The €5 off €25 spend is as a % off everything.

If you got something for €2.50 would it still €2 off and you'd only be paying 50c? :pac::pac:

Advertisement