Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S10e - €475 - Eglobal Central

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭corks finest

garion wrote: »
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/samsung-galaxy-s10e-g970-exynos-9820-6gb-128gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-white.html

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this but I've never used Eglobal Central before and there seems to be a fair number of dodgy reviews on Trust Pilot.

Can anyone put my mind at ease or should I avoid?

They're at it years,100 pc legit,I bought a phone ( one plus for e623 just 2 days ago) buy the extra insurance,+ pay via PayPal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/samsung-galaxy-s10e-g970-exynos-9820-6gb-128gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-white.html

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this but I've never used Eglobal Central before and there seems to be a fair number of dodgy reviews on Trust Pilot.

I bought an LG V20 off them a few years ago. They were fine to deal with but if anything goes wrong warranty wise don't be expecting much by way of support

They're at it years,100 pc legit,I bought a phone ( one plus for e623 just 2 days ago) buy the extra insurance,+ pay via PayPal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Cheaper in Argos.

410 Yellow
    470 Green

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I have a brand new for sale on Adverts for €450...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

dan786 wrote: »
    Cheaper in Argos.

410 Yellow
    470 Green

I've been checking Argos a few times a day for the last few days as its been out of stock everywhere. When I seen your post I said I'd check one last time, and wouldn't you know it, the yellow one was in stock! I've a reservation number so hopefully there's no last minute hitches!

Thanks to everyone else for confirming Eglobal are reputable!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

dan786 wrote: »
    Cheaper in Argos.

410 Yellow
    470 Green

Argos at it again, unable to place order even though it will be available from 4th Dec for store pick up. Shows as out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Barr

I've used Eglobal before for a phone , speedy delivery, no issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

freebee23 wrote: »
    Argos at it again, unable to place order even though it will be available from 4th Dec for store pick up. Shows as out of stock.

Happening me since early Friday - showing as able to reserve yet no reservation number for the yellow one. Have a reservation for the green.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Picked up the Canary Yellow S10e for €410 from Argos Drogheda earlier. Guy said there were still a few on stock.

Delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Eglobal sold me a "new" phone that's clearly second hand and had the security stickers replaced. Sent them pictures but no dice. Never again!

Eglobal sold me a "new" phone that's clearly second hand and had the security stickers replaced. Sent them pictures but no dice. Never again!

Can u elaborate? What phone? When? Did u buy via PayPal?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,861 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

garion wrote:

I looked into this company a few months ago when buying a Samsung phone. I emailed them about a VAT free price as it was a business phone. They replied to me that it is not a company based in the EU. Its based in China is memory serves.

These are shipped from outside the EU and aren't covered by EU law. You have no consumer protection with this company. You do have the warranty offered by Samsung but no legal protection. Samsung offer a two years warranty in the EU. I don't know if they offer one or two years on Chinese phones. You need to weigh up if you are saving enough money to make up for the lack of consumer protection.

Samsung galaxy s10e is available on done deal & adverts new and unlocked for around 450 from phone shops. I saw one locked to eir, sealed in the box, for 430

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep I bought my from a phone shop via Adverts for €459 a few months back. Brand new, unlocked, absolutely perfect. The same crowd are still selling them for that price and I wouldn't hesitate recommending them. - https://www.adverts.ie/samsung/samsung-s10e-128gb-dul-sim-free-new-with-2-year-samsung-warranty/19367464

Great little phone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Has been ~€435 on Amazon.it very recently.
    I'd wait and get it from Amazon if you care about after sales support, which is far superior than eglobal imho

biebiebie wrote:
    Has been ~€435 on Amazon.it very recently. I'd wait and get it from Amazon if you care about after sales support, which is far superior than eglobal imho

In fairness to Amazon it would be worth paying an extra 10 or 20 euro purely for their after sales support imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

How did you pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭septicsac

Best of luck to anyone buying from Eglobal, a right shower of ######s. Alright when everything goes tight, but run into a spot of trouble and be prepared to fight for your rights. Sent me a dud phone, gave up a few hours after arriving, had to go through my bank to get my money back, stick with amazon or someone you know will provide a good after service or at the very least respect your rights

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

I wouldn't even consider eglobal when spending that much

Amazon but try to avoid addresspal and the like, had problems returning an item

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Any issues purchasing the "German version"?

No apart from the wall plug being 2 pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

septicsac wrote: »
    Best of luck to anyone buying from Eglobal, a right shower of ######s. Alright when everything goes tight, but run into a spot of trouble and be prepared to fight for your rights. Sent me a dud phone, gave up a few hours after arriving, had to go through my bank to get my money back, stick with amazon or someone you know will provide a good after service or at the very least respect your rights

Same here, ordered a phone a few years ago. It never arrived and they kept telling me it was held up in customs in Poland then after a few weeks they stopped replying to me altogether. Altogether from ordering to going through a painful paypal refund process took about 3 and a half months.

They have great bargains but it's really a gamble when ordering from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Tango One wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the link bring you to a watch. Is the de deal finished?

The link worked previously, but it's bringing me to the watch now. Must be over unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ordered an S9 a few weeks ago and within 2 weeks I had it. I came from HK to the UK then it was repackaged into an An Post container and then naturally the post man handed it to me.

Have now bought off both Eglobal and Tobydeals(2 items from here, S8 and 42mm Samsung Watch).

Had to flash a new firmware onto the S9 I got though as it was a German firmware and didn't like OTA updates. Flashed a UK/Ireland Firmware and works great, even got a new OTA over the weekend.

Buy with patience I say to to people when ordering. Remember, it's Paypal so you're protected mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

It's one thing to get your phone delivered, then a completely different kettle of fish should something go wrong with it.
    I have returned multiple phones back to Amazon due to malfunction and have always gotten a full refund.

You may be lucky and have a phone that works well.
    But what if it doesn't? And thrust me some do experience issues. Even with modern day build quality and quality assurance as part of that build process.
    Better to be safe than sorry, especially if the amount you are paying is hard earned and not so easy to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭bromley52

biebiebie wrote: »
    It's one thing to get your phone delivered, then a completely different kettle of fish should something go wrong with it.
    I have returned multiple phones back to Amazon due to malfunction and have always gotten a full refund.

You may be lucky and have a phone that works well.
    But what if it doesn't? And thrust me some do experience issues. Even with modern day build quality and quality assurance as part of that build process.
    Better to be safe than sorry, especially if the amount you are paying is hard earned and not so easy to replace.

True. I ordered my Galaxy S8+ from Amazon Germany in Mar2018. Within 3 wees there were 2 electrical burn marks on the screen. Samsung Ireland collected it for free and returned it with a new screen and battery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Rang up Amazon with a faulty tablet

They posted out a new one immediately before I even sent the faulty one back

Advertisement