Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michaella McCollum

• 15-11-2019 4:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

What's the story with this a known drug mule been paraded around on national tv and radio recently to promote her new book and profit from it all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Because she’s a pure ride and the nation needs something to be outraged about.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I'd say it would be like throwing a pound of sausages up Granby Lane.

I'd say it would be like throwing a pound of sausages up Granby Lane.

Willing to try anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

youze are all talking about her, so the exposure must be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Dumbass ends up in Peru on a free trip and is surprised that she has to smuggle a geansai load of coke and even more surprised at getting caught. Goes to prison and is surprised that it is not nice.

There, saved ye all an easons voucher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I can't wait for the sex tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Thats no way to speak about a young woman who has had two kids since being released fron prison in Peru where she had been in prison on trumped up charges. As she says herelf she is a good person

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

Edgware wrote: »
    Thats no way to speak about a young woman who has had two kids since being released fron prison in Peru where she had been in prison on trumped up charges. As she says herelf she is a good person

Have to say I completely agree and believe every word she says.

She is only releasing her book before Christmas and abandoning her kids to tour every media outlet in Britain and Ireland because she needs the money to buy a new belt as she just can't keep her pants up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

She's lucky she got out early. F*ck her, f*ck drug dealers, f*ck drug mules, f*ck em all.

Piers Morgan went to town on her. F*ck him too, but he's right this one time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

She's a sickening vile yoke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

She's a sickening vile yoke
    Don't mention yokes, she might get an idea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I remember year's ago someone Said this is what will happen, she'll turn into a ride, get lot's of exposure and get to write a book and make money...

She's probably been through counseling and treatment centers, her addiction councilors or recovery sponsor will have her well hardened up and she'll be living a philosophy of **** happened and leave the past behind, get on with it.
    A lot of People won't like you Machela, but you'll have to accept it and make the most of your life now.
    You're free, you ****ed up but you're free to do what you like.

Therapy and addiction treatment will suggest to turn your Life around and make the most of it.

That's what she's doing, fortunately for her she'll probably do well out of her mishap

• Registered Users Posts: 19,903 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

She's just a reality star now. She has a well known story, lots of controversy, good looking in a trashy/chavy way. Has a book out. Get some pictures in gym gear, pictures falling out of a nightclub and a bust up on morning TV.

What else do you need for a reality star?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

evil_seed wrote: »
    She's lucky she got out early. F*ck her, f*ck drug dealers, f*ck drug mules, f*ck em all.

Piers Morgan went to town on her. F*ck him too, but he's right this one time

I rarely agree with Piers Morgan, But he was bang on the money there.

Remember when she went Missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

She's not the first person to commit serious crime, do their time and attempt to start over

She's not rosemary West

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    She's not the first person to commit serious crime, do their time and attempt to start over

She's not rosemary West

Here here

Look at the fcuking airtime Ted Bundy got, plus he had ladies drooling over him. AFTER he was found to be a serial killer

The only reason people are up in arms about her is because she’s a good looking girl who is trying to cash in on the only thing she can. It’s not like anyone would employ her after her conviction so she really has no option but to make the most of it.

If the other girl (can anyone even remember her name) decided she was going to sell her story or write a book would there be the same reaction?? No, probably not because let’s be honest here, she’s a bit of a minger and people wouldn’t pay her a second glance.

The two girls could write the exact same story and do the same interviews but Michaela would be the only one drawing attention.

I have no problem with her, she done the crime, she got caught and paid the penalty, she should be allowed to do what she wants now, it’s not like she got away with it and is bragging about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I dunno, I wouldn't say she's that great looking and wouldn't use her book to fix a wobbly table.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I rarely agree with Piers Morgan, But he was bang on the money there.

Remember when she went Missing?

Michaella is considerably less of an odious little cretin than Piers Morgan. More bangable too. (Well unless we're talking about banging with a hammer)

He's not in a position to lecture anyone on morality, decency or honesty!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The level of pure froth in the mouth hate she generates relative to her actual importance in the grand scheme of things is downright weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭corner of hells

The cartel want their money back , she's not the brightest knife in the drawer so writes a book bout her smuggling days to pay back the cartel or something like that.

In saying that , I'd say yer man JohnnyFlash will be along shortly to say he gave her a bang of the snake a few years ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

bmcc10 wrote: »
    There's a big difference in Ted Bundy's story and that of the book been released to raise awareness of her knowingly going to smuggle 1.5millions worth of cocaine.

You could understand if it was a case of her been made do it against her own will or her genuinely not knowing what she was to smuggle then it may call for a book, The book is to raise awareness what is there to raise awareness about?

Just just can't get my head around this comment.

Maybe i'm tired, yes, maybe that's it, or maybe you are for the birds

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

The cartel want their money back , she's not the brightest knife in the drawer so writes a book bout her smuggling days to pay back the cartel or something like that.

You really think that's how it works?
    The shipment was lost, it's not the mules fault.
    They move on and just source/send more. They know not everything gets through. They use mules so they can just drop them and move on if it goes tits up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Her imprisonment put her family in a lot of debt, so she's hoping profits from the book will pay them back.

Effects wrote: »
    You really think that's how it works?
    The shipment was lost, it's not the mules fault.
    They move on and just source/send more. They know not everything gets through. They use mules so they can just drop them and move on if it goes tits up.

No , this is AH , I'm being sarcastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Brightest knife in the drawer?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

The only reason people are up in arms about her is because she’s a good looking girl who is trying to cash in on the only thing she can.

She just doesn't seem contrite at all, despite pretending to be. Sure, she's trying to make money out of her story. That doesn't mean people have to like her for it.
    She traded on her notoriety, while the other one just got on with her life.

Correct, I polish my knives.

• Advertisement

I'd also like to this opportunity to acknowledge your sharpness or brightness.

Advertisement