Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Most Embarrassing Story From Christmas Parties

Options
  • 10-12-2009 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Seeing how the Christmas Office Party Nights season is well under way I was wondering what embarrassing stories do ye wonderful people have from your office nights out in the past?

I'll get the ball rolling, one party night we were at this posh hotel for the usual, meal, band and DJ combo, and one of my collegues got so drunk he feel asleep in the toliets, by the time he woke up the party night had ended and the part of the hotel we were in was now in darkness and was locked up.

He rang me and I had to go back and explain to the nice people in reception that there was still a person in the dining hall from the office party, needless to say everyone found it hilarious!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

Whats the most embarassing thing that happened to you at a work Christmas party?
    This girl I know, had a few drinks, was out dancing with her friends from work, and in front of the entire company kissed her friend on the dance floor! In the same night, after a few more drinks, she decided to dance on the table, and about E150 worth of drink went falling to the ground.....she fell over and the director of the company helped her up....

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I've never been to one of these mystical things, but from the stories and I'd have to wonder why anyone goes to them at all?! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 lockie83

Great idea for a thread, wish I thought of it at 9am,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055766143

Oh wait.... :P

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Threads merged, cause I'm lovely like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

One year we all just went out in town and got pissed for our x-mas party, about 20 of us, after the nightclub there was so much messing around that we missed the chippers. We were all hungry so we decided to go to the local Dunnes (open 24hour). While we were in there, one of my colleagues got kicked out by security. He didnt actually do anything, he was so drunk that the security guys reckoned that he was bound to do something :pac:
    Plus, the only food we got were seceltion boxes, not a good idea after a night of beer.

The next year, same company, another one of my colleagues was wearing these pretty slutty knee high boots. It was a little bit too much for an office party. Anyway sometime during the night the Director of the company politely comments :
    "they're nice boots",

and she says, "they're my FM boots"

"FM boots? What are they??"

"F**K-Me boots"
    :pac:

Then she realised what she just said, absolutely mortified she left. T'was a great story around the office for the next few months (nobody liked her)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

lockie83 wrote: »
    Seeing how the Christmas Office Party Nights season is well under way I was wondering what embarrassing stories do ye wonderful people have from your office nights out in the past?

I'll get the ball rolling, one party night we were at this posh hotel for the usual, meal, band and DJ combo, and one of my collegues got so drunk he feel asleep in the toliets, by the time he woke up the party night had ended and the part of the hotel we were in was now in darkness and was locked up.

He rang me and I had to go back and explain to the nice people in reception that there was still a person in the dining hall from the office party, needless to say everyone found it hilarious!!

I thought this was going to me my story for a moment!
    Exactly as your second paragraph goes I was the one that used the toilet in the hotel and fell asleep. I woke up at 6 or 7am and the door was locked. I managed to climb out of the window and walked 4 miles home. Needless to say my other half wasn't impressed at me walking in at 8am!!
    Thankfully it wasn't headlines in my department the next week! A great night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Mackman wrote: »
    One year we all just went out in town and got pissed for our x-mas party, about 20 of us, after the nightclub there was so much messing around that we missed the chippers. We were all hungry so we decided to go to the local Dunnes (open 24hour). While we were in there, one of my colleagues got kicked out by security. He didnt actually do anything, he was so drunk that the security guys reckoned that he was bound to do something :pac:
    Plus, the only food we got were seceltion boxes, not a good idea after a night of beer.

The next year, same company, another one of my colleagues was wearing these pretty slutty knee high boots. It was a little bit too much for an office party. Anyway sometime during the night the Director of the company politely comments :
    "they're nice boots",

and she says, "they're my FM boots"

"FM boots? What are they??"

"F**K-Me boots"
    :pac:

Then she realised what she just said, absolutely mortified she left. T'was a great story around the office for the next few months (nobody liked her)

don't see how boots would be inappropriate unless she was wearing a greyhound skirt, was she? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

lockie83 wrote: »

I wouldn't be too keen on booking that place again if they don't even clean the toilets before they close up!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

Haha i've got loads of these. Obviously none are about me :p:p:p

One year we all headed off to a lovely hotel for the whole shin dig. In between courses of the meal a few of the lads got up to go out for a smoke, one of the girls also went with them.
    15 minutes later all the lads bar one were back in their seats finishing off their dessert, also the girl never came back. People went looking for them...no where to be found! ;);)
    They arrived back down to the party at half 12!!! Him with a grin the cat who got the cream and her with bed head and make up rubbed off looking a bit flushed!!
    Needless to say they were a talking point for the evening!

Oh and just to note this guy ended up going off and kissing another girl at the function (not from our co.) while girl A's work "mates" locked her out of her room because they "assumed" she's be going back to her "new" bed for the night which she was also booted out of by this guy!!
    Just screams classy doesn't it!

Advertisement