Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating oil big drop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

I have no problem. I asked if anyone had any idea of prices in limerick. Cheapest oil don't cover limerick only corrib oil which hasn't been updated in 7 days. I asked for help and got a smart answer. That's my problem. If you read the post you could see that

Hi, i got mine from Regional oil Wednesday €270 for 500l. I usually go with Tara oil they were €300 so i went with Regional and found them really good to deal with..hope this helps you ..have a nice eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Lurching wrote: »
    I'm on bulk gas. Doubt I'll see the benefit.
    FML.

I won't dare ask you what the price of that is like😀

• Registered Users Posts: 8,660 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I have no problem. I asked if anyone had any idea of prices in limerick. Cheapest oil don't cover limerick only corrib oil which hasn't been updated in 7 days. I asked for help and got a smart answer. That's my problem. If you read the post you could see that

You’re a real charmer aren’t you?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,800 ✭✭✭✭muffler

give it a rest ffs and get back to posting about the price of oil

Hi, i got mine from Regional oil Wednesday €270 for 500l. I usually go with Tara oil they were €300 so i went with Regional and found them really good to deal with..hope this helps you ..have a nice eve.

That's a great price. I'm one of the many unemployed now. So money is going to be tight until everything gets bact to normal. I'll give them a ring Monday. Thank you

• Advertisement

CoBo55 wrote: »
    You’re a real charmer aren’t you?

I try. if someone asks for help I try and give it you should try it will make you feel better

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

Been with regional for years.. not changing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Ordered 1000litres of kerosone from local fuels in Athlone, 504e
    Handy as you can topaz points as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Down to €500/1000ltr in Dublin now. https://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    I got 500ltrs for €269 with Topoil with €20 discount with code GAA2 in Wexford,could be cheaper now, saying that i ordered Monday still waiting for it.

In Cork the price from Top went up between Monday and Wednesday.

On Monday with the €20 discount I was quoted €260, on Wednesday it was up to €269.99 and is still at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

Prices for 500 litres are still stuck in the €280-€300 bracket in Galway. Texoil are selling 1000 litres for €530

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

How long are people having to wait for delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Cape Clear wrote: »
    How long are people having to wait for delivery?
    I ordered 500 ltrs from Topoil last Monday,still waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Still 560 in Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I talked to someone in the industry that I knew from years back asking why prices haven't dropped.

Demand dropped dramatically and without any notice so the fuel bought at higher prices has to wash through the system, but that is mostly done and decent price drops should be seen filtering through now.

Kerosene is also used as jet fuel, so whilst homeowners have been buying more, that pales in comparison to the amount used by aircraft.

She said fuel demand had dropped over 60% and further drop is expected now.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Darc19 wrote: »
    I talked to someone in the industry that I knew from years back asking why prices haven't dropped.

Demand dropped dramatically and without any notice so the fuel bought at higher prices has to wash through the system, but that is mostly done and decent price drops should be seen filtering through now.

Kerosene is also used as jet fuel, so whilst homeowners have been buying more, that pales in comparison to the amount used by aircraft.

She said fuel demand had dropped over 60% and further drop is expected now.

cheers, just seen €499 for 1,000 litres, will wait for further as only need 600 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    I ordered 500 ltrs from Topoil last Monday,still waiting.

Was told Wednesday when I ordered Friday from MJ Kelleher.

Agent_47 wrote: »
    cheers, just seen €499 for 1,000 litres, will wait for further as only need 600 at the moment

I would be in no rush. Prices only going in one direction.

The nice thing about oil prices coming down is it really only affects the middle east and Russia, so no guilt in waiting for lower prices :)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭kenyard

crude oil is down to 20 a barrel at the moment. 17 year low.
    just looking at the government taxes per litre. i see petrol is @55c/l (I assume diesel is also the same).
    is the home heating oil taxed at 14.5c/l or is it 0?

heating oil should surely drop to 45c/l or even 40 at this rate. and all of europe is going and now the USA is going to be shut for at least another 2 weeks i would expect. plus south america is starting to get increasing growth to infection rates also...

https://www.revenue.ie/en/companies-and-charities/excise-and-licences/excise-duty-rates/mineral-oil-tax.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Invincible

Casey's Roscommon had kerosene @44.9/L at pump last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭wassie

Darc19 wrote: »
    The nice thing about oil prices coming down is it really only affects the middle east and Russia, so no guilt in waiting for lower prices :)

Geopolitics in play as the US shale industry is crippled with a break even of $45/barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Top oil in Galway are doing 1000l for €490 over the phone. Driver said to me they were selling for €500 from the trucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Ordered on Sunday, delivered this afternoon 1000l in Athlone from local fuels

kenyard wrote: »
    crude oil is down to 20 a barrel at the moment. 17 year low.
    just looking at the government taxes per litre. i see petrol is @55c/l (I assume diesel is also the same).
    is the home heating oil taxed at 14.5c/l or is it 0?

heating oil should surely drop to 45c/l or even 40 at this rate. and all of europe is going and now the USA is going to be shut for at least another 2 weeks i would expect. plus south america is starting to get increasing growth to infection rates also...

https://www.revenue.ie/en/companies-and-charities/excise-and-licences/excise-duty-rates/mineral-oil-tax.aspx

Remember you need to turn raw oil into kerosene. It also has to be transported and then you also have operating costs. All that is about 20c a litre. Carbon tax and 13.5% vat brings it to about 28c

Brent oil is currently 15c a litre (17c Inc vat)

So that's 45c/litre.

So you should see €450/1000 litres or lower.

Loads of places at €500 now, so don't pay more than that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

If you buy in April heading into the summer are there any issues with that sitting in the tank until winter or even into early next year depending on use?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

At just under €500 today thats a nice drop from the OP of €640 at the start of the month, and still a bit to go it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Since I opened this thread oil dropped 140euro to 500euro for 1000 litres today with texoil (Galway).New tax is going to kick in on 1st may so Im going to wait until max 20th and then fill my tank.
    TopOil Galway still at 585(without discount code)so they have to drop their rates as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

If you buy in April heading into the summer are there any issues with that sitting in the tank until winter or even into early next year depending on use?

Always done it never had a problem, off when it gets warmer (summer) on when colder Sep/Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

My tank when empty takes 1100 litres, it last 13 months I never fill until it is empty so over the last 25+ years I have filled it at some stage nearly every months of the year never had an issue no matter when I filled it. Always used kerosene as it a Stanley cooker it runs

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭savemejebus

TopOil Galway still at 585(without discount code)so they have to drop their rates as well
    They have, just not online. 490 if you phone them though and 500 from the driver so not the worst.

Advertisement