Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

replacement for onkyo tx sr606.

• 23-03-2011 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

hi all.
    my onkyo 606 has kicked the bucket, and im getting no signal from the hdmi port. ive tried replacing the capacitors on the hdmi board, but still no go.
    im looking for a similar replacement, ive been looking at the 608, but am afraid of buying another onkyo because of their reliability. im running mission m cubes and was happy with the sound i was getting.
    so what do i buy,
    onkyo, denon, yamaha, pioneer. the price must be similar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

cabbott wrote: »
    hi all.
    my onkyo 606 has kicked the bucket, and im getting no signal from the hdmi port. ive tried replacing the capacitors on the hdmi board, but still no go.
    im looking for a similar replacement, ive been looking at the 608, but am afraid of buying another onkyo because of their reliability. im running mission m cubes and was happy with the sound i was getting.
    so what do i buy,
    onkyo, denon, yamaha, pioneer. the price must be similar.

You might want to have a word with Onkyo. They should be able to tell by batch number which had a faulty or potentially faulty HDMI ports.
    I have come across quite a few Onkyo with similar problems.

If I was to choose a new amp for my self would be the Marantz SR6005 or 7005, however you may want to wait as Yamaha and Onkyo are to/have release(d) new amps in the next little while

Sol

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Declared interest here - I sell Onkyo!
    akaSol wrote: »
    You might want to have a word with Onkyo. They should be able to tell by batch number which had a faulty or potentially faulty HDMI ports.

+1 - you do know that Receiver has a 2 year warranty as well?
    akaSol wrote: »
    If I was to choose a new amp for my self would be the Marantz SR6005 or 7005, however you may want to wait as Yamaha and Onkyo are to/have release(d) new amps in the next little while

Sol

Oh yep that Marantz 7005 is a beauty!

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭cabbott

ive had a look at the marantz but its outside my budget. seems to be the job alright. ive had the reciever over 2 years and bought it as a refurb from ebay from a seller in england, so by the time its posted over and back its not worth it. ive tried changing the capacitors on the hdmi board, so i think and warranty would be out the window anyway. and ive just given €20 to a local repair place to have a look at it so im not going to keep wasting money on it.

think ill just stick it back on ebay, cos the sound end of it still works.

been looking at the 608 on richersounds as a matter of fact...that might be the next option.

have they been a reliable machine john, have ye had many returns on them?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Onkyo have a product support fourm over on AVFourms.com, quick search popped up a good few 606 HMDI issues, I'd trail through if I were you, you may have a repair option open...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement