Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland can shop online with Zara!

• 05-11-2010 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Finally Zara have online shopping for Ireland!

Welcome to the 21st century Zara :D What is it with the big brands and not having online shopping? Neither H&M or River Island deliver to Ireland (confession: my website is crap :o ), I wish H&M especially would deliver here as they don't always have the stuff they have on their site instore here.

I'm delighted as I love Zara but find it hard work to shop in..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

Happy days :)
    If only river island would too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

from a mans point of view, possibly the worst shop in the world!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

is this only for homeware though and not cloths

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

It's clothes and shoes and accessories, not homewares. I got all excited there thinking they'd included Zara Home.

Not sure what the 'worst shop in the world' refers to as my male friends and brothers do shop in Zara quite a lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

lainey316 wrote: »
    It's clothes and shoes and accessories, not homewares. I got all excited there thinking they'd included Zara Home.

Not sure what the 'worst shop in the world' refers to as my male friends and brothers do shop in Zara quite a lot.

hate men like that,no style at all, wannabe designer type fitted clothing that fails miserably!

• Advertisement

Sacred_git wrote: »
    hate men like that,no style at all, wannabe designer type fitted clothing that fails miserably!

That's entirely your personal opinion. Not everyone agrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kalinda

God, have you seen the size of the model on the front page of the website - way to thin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Ooh this could be very bad for me there's a few things I already want my poor 3v card is going to be wore out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kalinda

What age group is Zara Women for? I am 32 and find their clothes to be very dull colour-wise and formal - I suppose they are classic items

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭chupi

Zara's aimed at 25-40 year olds mainly, there is lots of boring workwear but also some brilliant catwalk knock offs and on trend pieces. Having said that I was in there today and nearly died from a bloody camel overdose :D

Very amused at the differing opinions on Zara menswear, my boyfriend wouldn't be caught dead in their cooler stuff but my brother loves it. I think it's like Zara womenswear, some is great, some is crap and some of it is far too :cool:

• Advertisement

Zara has a couple of instore brands. TRF is for teenagers/early 20s - t-shirts, lace, really short skirts, leggings... Basic is a bit older, yes they have workwear (I'd consider it more useful than boring, it's not Next like, and the suits are usually a nice really sharp fit) but also some really nice dresses and nice pieces, fantastic shoes, and the occasional random weirdly shaped fashion item. Woman is more expensive and aimed at late 20s, 30s, has more tailoring.

It's never going to be neon and bling - it doesn't need to be. It'd be a bit useless if every brand was the same spandex and sparkle as RI, or too cool for school like Topshop. When it comes down to it, it is a Spanish brand and that's the ethos and style and inspiration behind it, and it's different to what comes out of the UK.

It's not going to fit everyone's personal style, no store will - for example I wouldn't cross the threshold of River Island, but others love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭compsys

lainey316 wrote: »
    Zara has a couple of instore brands. TRF is for teenagers/early 20s - t-shirts, lace, really short skirts, leggings... Basic is a bit older, yes they have workwear (I'd consider it more useful than boring, it's not Next like, and the suits are usually a nice really sharp fit) but also some really nice dresses and nice pieces, fantastic shoes, and the occasional random weirdly shaped fashion item. Woman is more expensive and aimed at late 20s, 30s, has more tailoring.

It's never going to be neon and bling - it doesn't need to be. It'd be a bit useless if every brand was the same spandex and sparkle as RI, or too cool for school like Topshop. When it comes down to it, it is a Spanish brand and that's the ethos and style and inspiration behind it, and it's different to what comes out of the UK.

It's not going to fit everyone's personal style, no store will - for example I wouldn't cross the threshold of River Island, but others love it.

Very well put.

I'm a guy and personally I love Zara. I find most of their clothes very classical and elegant at times and very 'European' looking and fitting. In my opinion Zara's clothes are generally far more stylish than Topshop/Topman, River Island and most of the other British highstreet stores, which just scream, well, 'highstreet' to me.

Also, a lot of the British highstreet stores try to be too 'bling' and trendy and up to date. The result is that you end up with clothing that can look silly and is often out-of-date and untrendy within months. Zara clothing is different I think: stylish, simple, well fitting, and something you can wear for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭chupi

Totally agree Lainey, when Zara is good it's so very good. They have brilliant understated pieces. I got a gorgeous smart cotton velvet blazer in there last week and it is the perfect cut. Agreed on River Island :D Although I think they've really improved there offering..

I didn't mean to insult anyone by calling the workwear boring, it's just I don't work in a formal environment and never need smart clothes (bar the occasional encounter with the bank!) so they go straight over my head :o Expect I'd love them if I was.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Thanks for the tip about Zara. Personally as a male, I've enjoyed the selection there though perhaps it was just there was a good range of choices at the Mahon branch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 catkingcole

their clothes look great on the models on the website, in the store i have a hard time liking anything. like someone else said - it feels like drowning in beige. and the henry st. store always looks messy to me somehow.
    good to know they're sorting out the website, i was checking the english one a few months ago and some descriptions were still in spanish.

Advertisement