Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Options

Comments

circadian wrote: »
    Here's a tweet from one of her supporters. Removed username/pic since this user isn't running for public office.

I'm curious as to why they tagged Game of Thrones in that tweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

I'm curious as to why they tagged Game of Thrones in that tweet.

Because it was trending and she wanted her whacko tweet seen as far and wide as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’ve watched nearly six minutes of the video from the Phoenix park and I actually have no words that I can use without getting a telling off from the mods. Do people actually believe this stuff genuinely?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I’ve watched nearly six minutes of the video from the Phoenix park and I actually have no words that I can use without getting a telling off from the mods. Do people actually believe this stuff genuinely?

Chem trails? Yes indeed they do.

Edmund blackadder looked/sounded more sane with an underpants on his head and the two things stuck up his nose in a World War One Trench than Gemma O Doherty does in any video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭circadian

I suspect many of her followers on social media are just trolls relentlessly egging the whole thing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Edmund blackadder looked/sounded more sane with an underpants on his head and the two things stuck up his nose in a World War One Trench than Gemma O Doherty does in any video.

Wibble

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

circadian wrote: »
    I suspect many of her followers on social media are just trolls relentlessly egging the whole thing on.

Be interesting when the election results come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ben Gilroy and Eamonn whatshisface taking high court cases for being excluded from the RTÉ telly debate.

I'd actually love it if they won, not only would they be humiliated on the night, but Gemma would have to be invited too, which to put it mildly, puts her an invidious position - the debate is RTÉ, sworn enemy, but she can't not go cos it'll look week to her followers (both of them).

However if she does go on, the arse handing by the Airport people this week will feel like a warm bath compared to when Mairead McGuinness and the other few hardened politicos do to shred her. She's not mad or bad enough just yet to fail to see that reality.

"Ginger, get the popcorn!"

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

There's many crazy people in the world. Perhaps they have problems.
    Why is this question a thread on Boards ? I do not know this person and very deliberately will not google her name. If I went a bit crazy on "Twitter" would anyone care ?

• Advertisement

Scoondal wrote: »
    There's many crazy people in the world. Perhaps they have problems.
    Why is this question a thread on Boards ? I do not know this person and very deliberately will not google her name. If I went a bit crazy on "Twitter" would anyone care ?

I agree with the sentiment but his is someone that is running for public office for the second time in a year. This same person also peddles racist/anti-vax/etc conspiracies and is clearly unfit for office. She does, however, actively seek the limelight and draw attention to herself in increasingly outlandish ways, so yes I think people care because if there is support for a person like this then that in itself is worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

She's actually calling people sheeple now in her videos...

https://twitter.com/DumbartonOne/status/1128757421470625793

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Look up sheeple.... noctilucent cloud.

Can't beat gettin coked up on a Saturday afternoon and hittin the boozer for some premiership football and cultural Marxism

She's actually calling people sheeple now in her videos...

https://twitter.com/DumbartonOne/status/1128757421470625793

She really is like a heightened reality conspiracy nut character. She wouldn't be out of place on a modern The Day Today.

She really is like a heightened reality conspiracy nut character. She wouldn't be out of place on a modern The Day Today.

The last lines of her recent videos seem aggressive. Her closing statements are louder and shouty. I'd think it's to rally her troops but it comes accross a bit mad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

You bloody sheeple are Ireland's ruin, up to your necks in booze, up your necks in...checks notes...premier league football.

She's Donald Trump level on the bull****ometer in fairness.

The last lines of her recent videos seem aggressive. Her closing statements are louder and shouty. I'd think it's to rally her troops but it comes accross a bit mad

In comparison to all the other mad stuff yes, it comes across as mad. Let's not forget, however, the videos are mental from start to finish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

What is she actually saying that's so crazy? I think her critics have led a very sheltered life if they see her opinions as mental. Talk to the average man or woman on the street and they'll not disagree with what she says.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

You'll need to do better in future, soundsright. You're slipping from the previous standards you set for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

About two years ago I saw a crowd of about 10 to 15 people protesting outside the Met Office in Glasnevin about chemtrails. They had put chemtrail posters up on lamp posts outside it. Some of them had even brought their kids along. I find it hard to believe that people can be that stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Have Alex Jones and herself ever met? They'd get on well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

VG31 wrote: »
    About two years ago I saw a crowd of about 10 to 15 people protesting outside the Met Office in Glasnevin about chemtrails. They had put chemtrail posters up on lamp posts outside it. Some of them had even brought their kids along. I find it hard to believe that people can be that stupid.

I don't.

As a good friend of mine oft remarks, "you'll never have to pack an eejit, there is always one waiting for you wherever you go."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

What is she actually saying that's so crazy? I think her critics have led a very sheltered life if they see her opinions as mental. Talk to the average man or woman on the street and they'll not disagree with what she says.
    We ARE the average man or woman on the street, here on Boards, and the majority of us here disagree with most of what she says.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,798 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Chentrails?
    Ireland going to become a Sharia State?
    Irelsnd is a communist state?
    The globslists are deliberately blocking the sun from us
    Chemtrails are genocide?

Nah - I dont know anyone at this stage who agrees with what she says. A lot of her previous Presidential supporters are all more or less backing off.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Chemtrails, anti-vax, anti-gay, anti-choice. Calling the people she wants to vote for her sheeple, George Soros blah blah blah

Have you watched one of her videos. They're the ramblings of a idiot. But you know this already. Everyone i know who knows of her looks at her facebook just to see the level of crazy her supporters are. But you know this already. The average man or woman on the street me hole.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In other news, DL locals didn't take leaflets from campaigner and instead had a good time while said campaigner bullsh*tted into her 4G carrying device to a platform run by globalist communist marxists.

Damn those local Irish people for trying to live a free life and making their own decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You people all need to stop being sheeple and just believing everything fed to you.

Believe everything Gemma says without question instead......

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Chentrails?
    Ireland going to become a Sharia State?
    Irelsnd is a communist state?
    The globslists are deliberately blocking the sun from us
    Chemtrails are genocide?

Nah - I dont know anyone at this stage who agrees with what she says. A lot of her previous Presidential supporters are all more or less backing off.

Sharia law has already been recognised in UK courts. And it's not uncommon for it to be enforced on the ground within predominantly Muslim areas of Britain. We've already seen cases of FGM here in Ireland. Why would you not expect to see a push for it over here? There's a moral vacuum now that the Catholic Church has been virtually stripped of it's powers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement