Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 'what have some travellers somewhere done this time? thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Have any of you keyboard warriors actually contacted Tulsa???

Only took 15 comments......

Tacklebox wrote:
    I remember back in the 80's it wasn't uncommon for a kid to slurp out a grandfather's or grand uncles pint because it probably made me feel big.

Tacklebox wrote:
    I used to be mesmerised with the bubbles going upwards, oh the larger too. More fizzy than lemonade, we weren't allowed the lager but boy didn't I love a taste of iron.

Tacklebox wrote:
    Went onto the Christmas cake then, mum leaving out the whiskey and myself taking an aul cap full. Sure twould warm my cockles for the evening.

Tacklebox wrote:
    A sneaky boozer from the sthart.

Tacklebox wrote:
    This takes it to another level, funnily enough travellers I knew didn't like drinking much. Back in the 80's lol "you'd swear I'm really old " back in the 80's the travellers considered drinking to access a Taboo....

Wut?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭obi604

RHJ wrote: »
    It sounds like they are in a pub or restaurant is it even legal for them to have a child on the premises consuming alcohol. I'm surprised they weren't kicked out.

Are you mad?! :)

Imagine the hassle of trying to kick them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Tusla are very busy at the moment.

They are working hard to dismantle scouting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

Shocking ... the little fella has received very little guidance. Terrible stance and technique

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

The poor childer have no chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

The family involved live in the North. Tusla can't do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Drinking alcohol before the age of 14 is directly associated with an increased incident of suicidal thoughts and attempts.

Travellers have recently highlighted that there is an epidemic of suicide amongst the Travelling community. The suicide rate in the Traveller community is six times higher than in the general population and seven times higher among young Travellers.

Some of them obviously never stood a chance.

This lad is being fed Guinness at the age of 4? More than likely he will end up another sad statistic the poor little man.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Tacklebox wrote: »
    I remember back in the 80's it wasn't uncommon for a kid to slurp out a grandfather's or grand uncles pint because it probably made me feel big.

I used to be mesmerised with the bubbles going upwards, oh the larger too.
    More fizzy than lemonade, we weren't allowed the lager but boy didn't I love a taste of iron.

Went onto the Christmas cake then, mum leaving out the whiskey and myself taking an aul cap full.
    Sure twould warm my cockles for the evening.

A sneaky boozer from the sthart.

This takes it to another level, funnily enough travellers I knew didn't like drinking much.
    Back in the 80's lol "you'd swear I'm really old " back in the 80's the travellers considered drinking to access a Taboo....

Not the first Irish youngster to taste a pint. Frowned upon these days though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

Me thinks we'll be seeing a lot more of The Hulk Joyce over the next 30 years and it won't be for the right reasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Yes several people reported it to Tusla when it was posted in another thread last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Yes several people reported it to Tusla when it was posted in another thread last week.

Just about to post same, but couldn’t remember which thread

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057921160/645

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

Here's the proud daddy, with the young lad at his side.
    These videos are funny really if you overlooked the tragic consequences of the actions they perpetrate.

https://youtu.be/-_ujtRyt5lM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Tusla are very busy at the moment.

They are working hard to dismantle scouting.
    Actually, my question is where is Zappone in all of this?
    She is the children's Minister. Maybe if the Traveller child was in Calais or Egypt, then she would act .... with the Irish media in tow.

Flippant remark aside, it is Zappone's department that should be spearheading initiatives to reverse that particular side of Traveller culture i.e. where education of their children is not respected or adhered to. Enforcing compulsory education on Traveller children would make a big dent on the usual trajectory of crime and welfare.

The vast overwhelming majority of Traveller children have no fighting chance in life at the moment (excuse the pun).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Jesus Christ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I said it’s sad. I didn’t say I cared…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I always wondered why a lot of young traveler kids have big puffy faces. Answer: Guinness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

T'is culture boss !

Look forward to John Connors take on this

• Registered Users Posts: 15,719 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

shockwave wrote: »
    Send that vid to Tusla that child should be taken into care

I'd like to see social services rock up to a halting site or settled traveller house and take the child into care.
    Fat chance of that happening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

I remember when it was 10,000 - bloody inflation.

They found 10 for expert and 20 for genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Here's the proud daddy, with the young lad at his side.
    These videos are funny really if you overlooked the tragic consequences of the actions they perpetrate.

https://youtu.be/-_ujtRyt5lM

And I'm here with my 2 kids of a similar age trying hard not to curse in front of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭bobbyss

There are privacy issues around Tusla and reports but it would be good to see what they actually did and what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

An amazing and beautiful culture we have among us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I remember a traveller girl that used to tag along at lunch and she'd be robbing condiments and stuff from the shop to bring home to her mam for the kitchen. Awful sad really.

They also wouldn't come to school for say 3 months at a time. Then the traveller boys on the other hand get away with murder and riding half the town. I know a couple of girls from school who ended up having children with some well known male travellers from around the town.

Lots of the older men travellers from where I live would be perverts too. There was actually a young girl raped not far from me by a traveller man who was a family man and had many children my age or who i went to school with etc and of course nothing happened.

I might sound really judgemental but they have never given me an excuse not to!

I do know one or two that seem nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Cienciano wrote: »
    And I'm here with my 2 kids of a similar age trying hard not to curse in front of them.

That’s why your kids will prosper while his won’t. Give it 20 years and representatives of his kids will be blaming your kids for not understanding his kids culture.

And the wheel goes ‘round.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

That is one of the most shocking videos I've ever seen !!!!
    My god the state of that pint of Guinness will forever haunt me ..

This is the email address for Enniskillen social services

Duty.team@westerntrust.hscni.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

In spite of their seemingly proud culture, travellers seem to have a deep unconscious self-hatred. Yes, many of them are a blight on the settled community for a hundred reasons, but they're at least as destructive to their own.

This is documented (by themselves) evidence of child abuse, intended for distribution. They knock lumps out of each other in bare-knuckled fights, and share the footage on social media.They bring slash hooks to injure their own at funerals. They deny education to their children, and teach them to steal.

Proud traveller culture does not exist, and until the psyche changes, kids are going to drink stout for Daddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

They are totally untouchable.

Zero point in reporting this. I'm sure plenty of Tusla employees have seen it on social media, and you can be damn sure they won't be taking it any further.

Different story of course if me or you posted up a video of our 4 year old downing Guinness. The authorities would be at our house within hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement