Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭fman

Yep the interface is odd. As an example, yesterday I saw mention Elementary had been added so went to check it out. Searched on the title of "elementary" and the show was only about fourth or fifth title returned. The earlier titles didn't have any variation of elementary in their titles either.
    And to add to that I noticed it was titled something like "Elementary-s05.0". Just a weird lack of attention to detail.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Just on the subject of terrible interface, can anyone tell me if Baz Luhrmann's Australia is on Prime Ireland. JustWatch keeps telling me it is but I've searched just about every possible version of Australia, the actors, the director, etc. and can only find 2 documentaries by the same name. no film.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭fman

Seems to be bad info on just watch. If you search for Australia and then click on the prime video logo it links to a travel destinations, Australia programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭patmahe

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been covered I did skim the thread but not every page. Is there a workaround for the issue where you need a uk based credit card to pay for additional content? Perfectly happy to pay for the content but cannot with an Irish card, driving me mad when I am trying to purchase it legitimately.

Thanks

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

patmahe wrote: »
    Hi All,

Sorry if this has been covered I did skim the thread but not every page. Is there a workaround for the issue where you need a uk based credit card to pay for additional content? Perfectly happy to pay for the content but cannot with an Irish card, driving me mad when I am trying to purchase it legitimately.

Thanks

Pat

Would Revolut work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I've had this exact problem and can't get it working.

I have UK region set by amazon, I changed my Revolut billing address to Parcel Motel address and I still cannot pay for any content.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

dulpit wrote:
    Would Revolut work?

patmahe wrote:

Get a Revolut card. Its free & you can use it to pay for content

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Get a Revolut card. Its free & you can use it to pay for content

This has never worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Ro-76 wrote:
    This has never worked for me.

Your prime video has to be UK content. People who have Irish prime content shouldn't be able to rent movies no matter what card you use AFAIK.

You need to set your payment for digital services to the revolut card. When setting up the the card on amazon you will need to enter a UK billing address for the card. A parcel motel address in Antrim works for everyone. If it's still not working then settings are wrong somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

There should really be a sticky explaining the UK/revolut option. About 80% of the discussion on the thread ends up coming back to it (this isn't meant as a criticism of those posting, I'm sure I had similar questions when I set it up).

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Your prime video has to be UK content. People who have Irish prime content shouldn't be able to rent movies no matter what card you use AFAIK.

You need to set your payment for digital services to the revolut card. When setting up the the card on amazon you will need to enter a UK billing address for the card. A parcel motel address in Antrim works for everyone. If it's still not working then settings are wrong somewhere.

I have finally figured this out. Firstly, I had done exactly as you said with my Revolut and the PM address. It did not work for me. I think it was because I had previously added the card and associated it with a billing address in ROI. Even after changing the billing address on Amazon and in the Revolut app to the PM address, it would not work.

Here's how I got it working:
    Created a new virtual card in the Revolut app.
    Added this 'new' card to amazon for digital payments associated with the PM address.
    Now it works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,192 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Picard is out now.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,908 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Picard is out now.

Enjoyed the first episode!! Would have liked to watch a few together, getting to used to all episodes landing at once !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Books smart added today

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Muinteoir2018

Vikings - anyone else here watching Vikings series 601 on prime and having trouble with the latest episode not being available to view???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Saw that The OC and One Tree Hill have been added

That takes me back to my school days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Saw that The OC and One Tree Hill have been added

That takes me back to my school days

Same here, man it's hard to believe that they first aired in 2003.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

peteeeed wrote: »
    Books smart added today

Very funny film, I'd highly recommend.

I was browsing through a list of recent additions and I notice I Am Not A Serial Killer was added a few weeks back. I watched it a couple of years back and enjoyed it. RT description

"Sixteen-year-old John Wayne Cleaver (Max Records, Where the Wild Things Are) is not a serial killer-but he has all the makings of one. Keeping his homicidal tendencies and morbid obsessions with death and murder in check is a constant struggle that only gets harder when a real serial killer begins terrorizing his sleepy Midwestern town. Now, in order to track down a psychopath and protect those around him, John must unleash his darkest inner demons. Based on the cult novel by Dan Wells, this twisted, genre-bending thriller co-stars Christopher Lloyd and Breaking Bad's Laura Fraser."

I think the director Billy O'Brian is Irish and cinematography is by Robbie Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Just noticed Justified's on this. Don't know if it was recently added or I just somehow managed to miss it. Regardless, a rewatch is in order.

• Advertisement

Just noticed Justified's on this. Don't know if it was recently added or I just somehow managed to miss it. Regardless, a rewatch is in order.

It's a fairly recent addition. There was a whole pile of TV shows added about a week ago, varying in quality.

NCIS
    House
    2 Broke Girls
    Futurama
    Smallville
    Bob's Burgers
    Elementary
    Madam Secretary
    Last Man Standing
    The Middle
    Psych
    The Librarians
    Downton Abbey
    The Last Ship
    Scream Queens
    The Tudors
    Roswell
    Justified

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

It's a fairly recent addition. There was a whole pile of TV shows added about a week ago, varying in quality.

NCIS
    House
    2 Broke Girls
    Futurama
    Smallville
    Bob's Burgers
    Elementary
    Madam Secretary
    Last Man Standing
    The Middle
    Psych
    The Librarians
    Downton Abbey
    The Last Ship
    Scream Queens
    The Tudors
    Roswell
    Justified

The Tudors and Justified have been on it for ages. Trouble is you'd have to stumble across them. It's a really terrible interface hiding a lot of good material.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The interface really is awful, struggle to find shows or movies

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

Watching Hand of God. Ron Perlman and Dana Delaney, who looks mighty for a woman in her sixties. First season starts well. Strange storyline and some interesting characters. Getting bored with second season, very predictable, but might as well see how it ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

PsychoPete wrote: »
    The interface really is awful, struggle to find shows or movies

Have prime just before Christmas I like it but the interface and search are all over the place

naughto wrote: »
    Have prime just before Christmas I like it but the interface and search are all over the place

The choice on Prime is good. XRay is fab, and I wish Netflix had it. But the UI and subtitle behaviour of Prime is a pain in the neck. I don't like how they split their TV shows into different seasons, and I really don't like how they bury good stuff underneath absolute rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

dulpit wrote: »
    The choice on Prime is good. XRay is fab, and I wish Netflix had it. But the UI and subtitle behaviour of Prime is a pain in the neck. I don't like how they split their TV shows into different seasons, and I really don't like how they bury good stuff underneath absolute rubbish.

How does the xray work never bothered with it

naughto wrote: »
    How does the xray work never bothered with it

If you are on tablet/phone just tap the screen, if you are using app on console/TV/fire stick just press up arrow. It will show you details of who the actors are on screen, you can click into them if you want. It's linked to IMDB (Amazon own it). For some shows (Prime Originals mostly) you will also get information such as the song playing, trivia, etc.

If you cast from phone to device, then you have the xray on phone and doesn't interupt what's on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

dulpit wrote: »
    If you are on tablet/phone just tap the screen, if you are using app on console/TV/fire stick just press up arrow. It will show you details of who the actors are on screen, you can click into them if you want. It's linked to IMDB (Amazon own it). For some shows (Prime Originals mostly) you will also get information such as the song playing, trivia, etc.

If you cast from phone to device, then you have the xray on phone and doesn't interupt what's on screen.

And on the live footbal, you could use it to see the stats and scroll through the timeline and even watch any goals that you had missed*. Excellent.

* I only saw that feature in the early December matches and not the late December ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

I've got the uk primecand need to use a VPN to get movies. I use smart DNS on the router to get it on the TV and a VPN on my laptop to get it there.
    Nice thing is that you can download the movies and watch them on the move.

Is there much difference between what you get on Prime in Ireland and the UK? I know the music streaming won't work here but seemingly is included in Prime in UK?

Advertisement