Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,533 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I'm in Brussels at the moment and have been getting whiffs of niche and high end fragrances regularly. Baccarat Rouge 540, various Tom Fords, Creed Viking, you name it (the Viking was me though...) - not sure if it's to do with being in a 'business' city or what. Would rarely smell similar at home or even in my frequent visits to London. Haven't smelled any Aventus though oddly enough!

Back in the hood folks - for another 24 hours anyway as I'm out of the country again from Sunday evening to Tuesday evening - advance apologies for any delayed replies!

Latest Baccarat Rouge 540 landed while I was away - I'll split it tonight and requests waiting for it will ship Wednesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Finally able to pick up my splits after coming back from work trip. Love them both.

It’s my first time having decent fragrances. Everything beforehand used to give me headaches, even the bvlgari stuff in the jacks on emirates biz class. Couple of sprays on the wrist to test these and an hour later not a whiff of a headache.

Cheers Padraig

Finally able to pick up my splits after coming back from work trip. Love them both.

It’s my first time having decent fragrances. Everything beforehand used to give me headaches, even the bvlgari stuff in the jacks on emirates biz class. Couple of sprays on the wrist to test these and an hour later not a whiff of a headache.

Cheers Padraig

Great stuff! Welcome down the rabbit hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cath54

Never ordered before. Which creed fragrances have you at moment? Interested in men's and women's. How do i order/pay?

• Advertisement

Cath54 wrote: »
    Never ordered before. Which creed fragrances have you at moment? Interested in men's and women's. How do i order/pay?

Hey Cath. I'm out of the country until Tuesday night and don't have computer access until then - I'll drop you a PM when I'm back but check out the first post on this thread for general details and a few weeks old list of fragrances. No specific women's stuff at the moment but happy to look at it if the interest is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Good for the Hermes (last 20ml left of this now folks). Had a dropout on the Issey so you're in luck - have 20ml left!

Sauvage: haven't taken any other requests for it so didn't order it with some other Dior gear Friday. If you're looking for another 20ml to fill out the package, have a look at this recent post - much the same availability still IIRC, although the Red Tobacco is down to the last 20ml now.

Hi Pat, can you put me down for the last 20ml of the Hermes please - if you want to PM me with payment details / usual practice as this'll be my first order.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Interested as well please Padriag. Never ordered before so would like a selection if possible.

Dr. Gadget and Mucky_Tackies - no response to repeated messages, no allocation in future splits. That puts one 50ml of Green Irish Tweed (@ €80) up for grabs again so grab it if you're interested in its fresh charms! Also one 20ml of Terre d'Hermes (@ €23) as well - think this is now the last one.

Interested as well please Padriag. Never ordered before so would like a selection if possible.

Thanks for the interest. I'll put an updated list of what's left from the Autumn selection in the next post (post #3161).

D'Agger wrote: »
    Hi Pat, can you put me down for the last 20ml of the Hermes please - if you want to PM me with payment details / usual practice as this'll be my first order.

Thanks!
    Sure, will do.

Note I expect to have something very tasty to add tomorrow - but I've had so many false starts with it I want to have it in my hands before listing it! It's a reboot of the very first fragrance I ever split, and it's due to me tomorrow.....

Updated 17/9/19 :

Bottle sizes
    Glass bottles: 10ml, 25 / 30 ml (same bottle), 50ml.
    Plastic bottles: 10ml, 20ml.

Note 20ml splits are available in plastic bottles only

Shipping
    Courier: €12.50 for up to 5 or 6 bottles depending on size. This option must be used for glass bottles.
    An Post: €4.50 - only available for plastic bottles (10 / 20ml). Max seven 10ml or three 20ml bottles. Not tracked or insured!

Further details are in the OP of this thread. Full payment details will be provided by PM / email - I take Revolut, bank transfer, or PayPal.

I also have the following available in hand as of 17/9/2019:

Creed - Aventus: ~5 left from current flacon @ €85.

Fragrance names below are linked to Fragrantica reviews.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

**NEW STUFF**

MAISON FRANCIS KURKDJIAN

Oud (eau de parfum) *in hand*
    375x500.14610.jpg

I seem to have forgotten to include this on the Boards listings the last few weeks for some reason! One sniff of a sample and I knew I was splitting this. This is not an in your face, hard oud – rather it’s soft and smooth. Cedar and saffron take centre stage, against a background of creamy oud. Very unisex and easy to wear. RRP €195 / 75ml.
    €22.50 for 10ml, €40.50 for 20ml, €50.50 for 25ml, or €92 for 50ml.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CREED

This legend has been feeling a bit forgotten recently – there hasn’t been a split in many months. Let’s try to fix that! Needs no introduction but suffice to say it’s fresh, green and classy, and eminently suited for the workplace. RRP €190 / 50ml.
    €80 for 50ml in a cube decant bottle. Last bottle available following a non payment. May not be back before Christmas if you're considering it for then.

TOM FORD

Oud Wood Intense *in hand*
    375x500.46767.jpg

Tom Ford’s smooth Oud Wood has long been a splits favourite. This recent Intense flanker (at an even higher price bracket) certainly lives up to its name and is a much deeper, richer scent - Oud Wood given a bad boy makeover. The oud is still there but given some serious animal oomph – this fragrance most certainly its own beast and not in any way redundant if you already have the original. This is much more a night time fragrance, and is perhaps a bit too agressive for the office. RRP €245 / 50ml.
    €66.50 for 25ml, or €120 for 50ml in cube decant bottles. 125ml available.

HERMES

A stone cold classic! Jean-Claude Ellena's Terre d'Hermes was a monster hit and it's easy to see why - it's effortlessly masculine, yet easy to wear and appropriate for just about any occasion; you really can't go wrong with it. Grapefruit and orange open the show leading to a vetiver, wood, pepper and flint dry down that carries a very 'professional' vibe. I've listed the Parfum version several times previously - this is the Eau de Toilette so expect somewhat lower longevity but a little extra projection. The two are not identical scents - consensus is that the EdT is a bit 'brighter' than the parfum, and tips the scales more towards citrus than the parfum - but I would suggest that owning both would be unnecessary.
    €23 for 20ml (plastic).Last bottle available following a non payment.

Good availability on the following: 50ml+ left *in hand*

Memo - Russian Leather
    A ‘had a sniff, had to split it’ here. Memo Paris are an upmarket French brand, but with a strong Irish connection (the co-founder is from Tipperary). The house is perhaps best known for its Leather series of scents – Irish Leather and African Leather are the most well known, but I prefer Russian Leather. There’s leather obviously, but also a very strong undercurrent of green woods – pine and cypress feature, along with others (for those that know it, there’s a touch of a more restrained Amouage Beach Hut here), making it quite a fresh take on leather. Unisex. Bottle and large leather box are quite dramatic. So is the RRP at €205 / 75ml.
    €26 for 10ml, €49.50 for 20ml, €60.50 for 25ml or €106.50 for 50ml. 50ml 25ml portion comes in original 75ml bottle and leather box. Note there is a scratch on the box.

................................................................................................................

Aramis - Perfume Calligraphy: Saffron
    A cult hit, with a very high review score, this is now discontinued. A unisex blend of dusky saffron, beeswax and rose. Smoky, but smooth and soft. Quite an Arabic / Oriental vibe.
    €12.50 for 10ml, €23.50 for 20ml, €33.50 for 30ml or €46 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle with wooden stopper and box.

Medium availability on the following: 30 - 40ml left *in hand*

Montale - Spicy Aoud
    A typical Montale medicinal oud in the background, with saffron and orange leading the charge. Dark and smooth. Unisex, but leaning feminine to my nose. RRP €65 / 50ml.
    €12.50 for 10ml, €24 for 20ml, or €34 for 30ml. 40ml available.
    ................................................................................................................

Cartier - L'envol de Cartier eau de parfum
    Inspired by mead, this is a honeyed iris and tobacco smell. Easy to wear, good for autumn. Some commentators note a resemblance to Dior’s iconic Fahrenheit. Note this is the stronger EdP, not the eau de toilette.
    €11 for 10ml, €20.50 for 20ml, or €28.50 for 30ml. 40ml 30ml available.

Etat Libre d'Orange - Vierges et Toreros
    Creamy cognac, leather, nutmeg and spices. For me, this is pretty close to Maison Marliega’s Jazz Club – if you missed that, you could do worse than pick this up. RRP €135 / 100ml.
    €14 for 10ml, €26.50 for 20ml, or €37.50 for 30ml. 40ml available. 30+ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle / box.

Last chance on the following - 20ml or less left *mostly in hand*

Atkinson's - 41 Burlington Arcade
    A limited edition from the historic Emblematic Collection, 41 Burlington Arcade was released to mark the opening of their flagship store in Mayfair (at you guessed it.....41 Burlington Arcade). “Centred around Liquorice and the revelation of its sensual charms, darkly bittersweet and earthy tones have been sublimated with vivid notes of pink pepper from Reunion Island, West Indian Bay leaf from Dominica and Indonesian Patchouli. Floral transparent notes have been dialed up to deliver freshness and vivacity.” Sounds nice? It is nice! RRP €179 / 100ml.
    €13.50 for 10ml, €24.50 for 20ml, or €35 for 30ml. 30ml 20ml available.

Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    An Oriental legend, this is perhaps Omani house Amouage's most popular male fragrance. It's easy to see why - frankincense, myrrh, oud and a myriad other exotic smells combine to make one of the definite regal scents - smell like a king! And relatively accessible for an Amouage too. RRP €240 / 50ml.
    €22 for 10ml. Last one available, already bottled in plastic - ready to go.

Parfums MDCI
    Rare availability from this highly regarded boutique French house. I have one 10ml available of each of the following: Chypre Palatin (male), Cuir Cavalier (male) and Fetes Persanes (unisex). All very well reviewed.
    €25 for 10ml.

Mancera - Hindu Kush
    Named after a type of cannabis, this features the herb, but very much in the background so don’t worry too much about wearing this in work or out’n’about – you won’t have the drug squad breaking down the door. Front and centre we have incense, spices and amber. Potent – a little goes a long way (hey....it’s Mancera).
    €25.50 for 20ml. One only, already bottled in plastic - ready to go.

Atkinson's - The Odd Fellow's Bouquet
    English house Atkinson’s is perhaps best described as a slightly more playful Penhaglion’s. Apparently inspired by Lawrence of Arabia, this fragrance is designed to evoke the fireside luxuries of a London gentlemen’s club in days gone by. So expect leather, tobacco, amber, and booze....plenty of booze. You’ll see plenty of comparisons to Tom Ford’s Tobacco Vanille but they’re pretty wide of the mark IMHO except in the most general sense. One reviewer mentions a hookah pipe – that’s a better example to me. RRP €130 / 100ml.
    €12.50 for 10ml. One only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭TorresLegend

Hi Padraig,
    I'm a first time buyer. I'd like to take the following please..
    50ml Green Irish Tweed
    20ml Terre d'hermes
    10ml Memo Russian Leather

Please pm me with the payment details!

Thanks!

Hi Padraig,
    I'm a first time buyer. I'd like to take the following please..
    50ml Green Irish Tweed
    20ml Terre d'hermes
    10ml Memo Russian Leather

Please pm me with the payment details!

Thanks!

Hey TL. I actually got a PM snatching the GIT about 10 minutes before your post I'm afraid! You're good for Russian Leather and the last Hermes though - will send on details in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭TorresLegend

Hey TL. I actually got a PM snatching the GIT about 10 minutes before your post I'm afraid! You're good for Russian Leather and the last Hermes though - will send on details in the morning.

Thanks Padraig, I'll take a Creed Aventus 50ml instead of the GIT!

Hi Padraig, I will take 50ml of creed aventus from you, please send me on payment details as i haven't ordered before.
    Please keep me in mind if you can get any of the creed women's fragrances. I've sampled love in white and it was gorgeous but would be interested in any of them if you could get some.

Hi Padraig, I will take 50ml of creed aventus from you, please send me on payment details as i haven't ordered before.
    Please keep me in mind if you can get any of the creed women's fragrances. I've sampled love in white and it was gorgeous but would be interested in any of them if you could get some.

Will do. I actually listed Love in White a while back but it didn't get enough interest to proceed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭SteM

Can I get 20ml of L'envol de Cartier (you must be looking at my browser history!) and 10ml of Perfume Calligraphy: Saffron please?

SteM wrote: »
    Can I get 20ml of L'envol de Cartier (you must be looking at my browser history!) and 10ml of Perfume Calligraphy: Saffron please?

Sure can. Down to the last 10ml of L'Envol de Cartier now.

BTW note folks that I went to order 10ml plastic bottles from my usual supplier - only to find she's retired from selling them! I've a handful left and there may be a gap until I get more in. I've now ordered from China via the fastest shipping route (and will no doubt get hammered with import tax too!) and hope to have them within two weeks.

At long bloody last!

I've been trying to get this one in for months. I've been let down on it so much it nearly broke me......but it's here! In hand and ready to split! Yes, it's circling right back to where the splits began with Tom Ford's iconic Tuscan Leather.......well its big brother just landed!

TOM FORD

Tuscan Leather Intense *in hand*

o.62820.jpg

"Dark. Visceral. Intense.

Tuscan Leather Intense amplifies the intoxicating primality of Tuscan Leather with raw animal attraction and sexual intensity. Juxtaposed with fresh davana, new atmospheric woods deepen leather's distinct richness
    " - Tom Ford. To my knowledge, this is not available in Ireland yet but I would expect an RRP of €245 for 50ml based on the other Intense flankers (and even that is well cheaper than the US).

€32.50 for 10ml, €62 for 20ml, €91.50 for 30ml, or €150 for 50ml. I've only got 80ml available so speak up if you want some - after all the hassle I don't think I'll have this in again for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

At long bloody last!

I've been trying to get this one in for months. I've been let down on it so much it nearly broke me......but it's here! In hand and ready to split! Yes, it's circling right back to where the splits began with Tom Ford's iconic Tuscan Leather.......well its big brother just landed!

TOM FORD

Tuscan Leather Intense *in hand*

o.62820.jpg

"Dark. Visceral. Intense.

Tuscan Leather Intense amplifies the intoxicating primality of Tuscan Leather with raw animal attraction and sexual intensity. Juxtaposed with fresh davana, new atmospheric woods deepen leather's distinct richness
    " - Tom Ford. To my knowledge, this is not available in Ireland yet but I would expect an RRP of €245 for 50ml based on the other Intense flankers (and even that is well cheaper than the US).

€32.50 for 10ml, €62 for 20ml, €91.50 for 30ml, or €150 for 50ml. I've only got 80ml available so speak up if you want some - after all the hassle I don't think I'll have this in again for a while!

I’ll take 30ml please

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I'll take 10 ml. Glass bottle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Another package received today . Thanks a lot.
    I had a quick sniff of "OUD" and will look forward to wearing it on the skin :).

Damn , I'm tempted by the TF intense :)

Another package received today . Thanks a lot.
    I had a quick sniff of "OUD" and will look forward to wearing it on the skin :).

Damn , I'm tempted by the TF intense :)

Yeah, the MFK Oud is lovely alright - very creamy or something. I actually forgot to include it in the Autumn listings here on Boards until yesterday so have a good bit left.

Tuscan Intense: get yizzer skates on I'd say.....20ml left!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Yeah, the MFK Oud is lovely alright - very creamy or something. I actually forgot to include it in the Autumn listings here on Boards until yesterday so have a good bit left.

Tuscan Intense: get yizzer skates on I'd say.....20ml left!

Can you put me down for the 20ml in glass cube if you could :) . And I will make up others for the order

Have had a few enquiries re ladies' fragrances recently so time for a quick split for the girls! Brand new from Tom Ford: Metallique.

TOM FORD

Metallique *open split*

491060.jpg

"Forged with elegant brilliance, TOM FORD Métallique mesmerises its admirers with a pulsating flash of modern, resolute femininity – willful, luminous and in full bloom.

A high-shine armour of addictive aldehydes envelop its reverberating core of sensuous white flowers, like a metal Venus in fleurs.

Like an armoured embroidered dress, the metallic sheath of lighter-than-air aldehydes opens the scent like a second skin, the collision of crisp vert de bergamot and pink peppercorn further steeling the insatiability of the first impression.

Beneath its cool veneer, Métallique’s floral heart is amplified by juxtaposing delicate white blossoms of aubepine and muguet with the narcotic-like nectar of heliotrope.

An aura of ambrette seed imparts warmth with woody inflections of peru balsam. The soft scent of vanilla and creamy sandalwood layer an addictive, contrasting finish that further drives the metallic suiting of the open.

The Tom Ford Métallique bottle reflects metallic beauty. Packaged in a smooth, silver-tone bottle with a gold-tone metallic label with matching cap.
    "

Jaysis, sounds like mighty stuff altogether!

€18.50 for 10ml, €35.50 for 20ml, €52.50 for 30ml, or €77.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle and box. RRP is €116 for 50ml.

NB: need to be quick on this one! If there is enough interest for the split to proceed, I'd be picking it up abroad at the end of next week, and would need to have it ordered a couple of days beforehand, so you'd be looking at paying by Tues / Wed. Of course if you then want to hold delivery while waiting for other stuff to come along that's no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Not getting great reviews that Pat...I know they should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Not getting great reviews that Pat...I know they should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Would be taking that pinch of salt alright - in my experience new releases from big houses such as Creed and Tom Ford tend to get slated straight after release by those who dislike the house for whatever reason - in fact, looking at the main site, Fragrantica, there's often tons of bad reviews before they're even released! Now, I haven't smelt it myself - perhaps it's not fantastic, I dunno, but I doubt it's bad. Should be easy enough to track down for a sniff anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I wonder if it'll be at either airport I'll be in on Monday.

If so I'll have to get the missus to have a sniff to see what she thinks of it.

50ml portion of Metallique now spoken for so getting closer to happening.

Pat, can you add another 50ml creed aventus to my order if you have any left, and i will organise payment today if you do.
    Also, will you hold the order for me for moment in case you get any of the creed women's fragrance in. Many thanks.

• Advertisement

Pat, can you add another 50ml creed aventus to my order if you have any left, and i will organise payment today if you do.
    Also, will you hold the order for me for moment in case you get any of the creed women's fragrance in. Many thanks.

No problem. Two 50ml Aventus now left from the current flacon; another ordered.

Advertisement