Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When was your first concert?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Mine was supposed to be Limp Bizkit in punchestown but that got cancelled after Fred f*cked up his back.

Ended up being Papa Roach with the murderdolls and hell is for heroes in the point

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Green Day in The Point on their Warning Tour - 2000/2001?

My older brother took me along with him - he was 18/19, so I must have been 12/13.
    He had a fight with my Mam about me skipping school after lunch so we could get into town early to queue for the pit, as there wasn't a chance I was missing out on the pit at my first concert.
    We got the bus in and I remember "The Walk" to The Point (my brother is 6foot with long legs so I remember it being a struggle to keep up)

Green Day weren't the HUGE stars they became, so my brother was pointing to "Tickets still on sale" signs saying, "Poor Billie, one day he'll sell out huge arenas." We got into the barriers and he was chatting to all the security lads and sneaking me by to get as close to the first people in as possible.

The ticket guy ripped my ticket on the wrong end and the stub. I still have half my ticket in a photo album book :D

We got The Pit :D I had a fantastic time and wanted to go to as many gigs as possible then.

Pretty sure, I just condensed my Junior Cert English Essay in this post :o

I had the fun experience of bringing my big brother to see Radiohead last year in the 3Arena and his GF was delighted to get The Luas, as it seems she hated "The Walk" which completely brought me back to that night.

And now this evening, its Spice Girls in Croker with the girls :p:o

Edit: Yeah, that was a stream of consciousness - haha! Nice memories though, thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Staind at the Point Theatre in 2002, it was a great gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Acdc in the point for razors edge tour. Kings x as support were great too

• Registered Users Posts: 37,552 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If you told me 10-13 years ago id see so many gigs in person i would not believe u anyway

first gig- Oxegen 2007 Day 1 (not many metal or rock bands on the day, Snow Patrol was the main reason i was there. Saw a good bit of Muses set before the bus home)

First metal/Rock gig was Metallica supported by Tenacious D in Marley Park on 20th Aug 2008. Dream come true at the time. Saw them a year later in the same venue, then not again til 2017 in Glasgow. Seeing them in Slane in 2 weeks time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mikeweed

Ph3n0m wrote: »
    God it was one of two gigs - which ever one was the earliest

Megadeth - Point (think it was '90)
    Masscare, Immolation and Devestation - McGonagles ( cant remember when this was)

Megedath were supported by the Almighty and Alice In Chains.
    I was there and also at Massacre, Morgoth and Immolation. That was a savage concert. McGongales had some great gigs, Morbid Angel and Unleashed, Carcass. Smoe nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Mine was supposed to be Limp Bizkit in punchestown but that got cancelled after Fred f*cked up his back.
    Forgot all about this although don't think I was planning on going. Crazy to think LB were on the verge of headlining Punchestown

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Sabbath (with Ian Gillan singing) Dalymount 1983

This was my second gig (and my brother's first).

First gig was AC/DC in RDS Simmonscourt, 1982

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Fear Factory, Ambassador Theater, 2001.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Stereophonics in the Point in 05.

My first gig was nearly RHCP in Pheonix Park in 04? But my mam wouldnt let my sister get me a ticket because it was during my Junior Cert ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RayCon

Thin Lizzy, RDS , 9th April 1983. I was 11 .... went with my two older brothers. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Aerosmith - Pump Tour - Aug 1990
    Blew My 15 year old Mind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

buser2x wrote: »
    aerosmith & golden earring in 1978

awesome :)

whereabouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,012 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Metallica at RDS in 03. Was like 14, and I remember 2 things from that day.

1. Getting crushed so much during Battery
    2. The Darkness being absolutely brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Pumpkins in the Point. Someone was killed at it so it lasted about 6 songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Wille Nelson and Elvis in the Houston Astrodome back in 1974.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Type O Negative in the SFX. I'm guessing 98/99/00.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭funnyname

U2 - PUC - Summer 1987

Anthrax - Top Hat - Summer 1989

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Er... Nickleback in the Point in 2002.

I was pretty young :o

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Er... Nickleback in the Point in 2002.

I was pretty young :o
    That's no excuse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

The greedy bastards in the stardust, December 1978

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

funnyname wrote: »

Anthrax - Top Hat - Summer 1989

That was my first gig, and they walked off after 20 minutes because people were spitting on them :mad:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

RosieJoe wrote: »
    That was my first gig, and they walked off after 20 minutes because people were spitting on them :mad:
    I was in the Gaeltacht for that and was gutted that I was going to miss that gig.
    The spitting shouldn't have happened but I was glad that I missed the band walking off (which they were right to do!)

RosieJoe wrote: »

What?! really? that's incredible

That's no excuse!

It was actually a good gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

What?! really? that's incredible

They had said it a few times that they'd walk if it continued. Despite the warning, some people still kept at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Mott the hoople with Queen as support band-Liverpool stadium 1973.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Metallica RDS 04, all my mates were going but my dad wouldnt let me go with them so i had to go with him, he didnt want to go see slipknot so misses then but hey i was 14 my dad bought me a ticket ill forwver be gratefull.

Stuff like that stixks with you forever, im glad i went with my dad that day as olposed to my mates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

The Strawbs Portsmouth Guild Hall 1973 - only reason I can remember it is that they had just had their Part of the Union number 2 hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Metallica in the RDS in 2004 I think

Advertisement