Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards.ie hacked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,396 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Treviso wrote: »
    And there was me thinking myself and Sara had something special going on.........

At least you got an email!!! FML :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Got the same email and an email from google asking am I logging in from a different location ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Calm down its only the Russians

This old chestnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

Sara never emailed me :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

This old chestnut.

Who’s the troll now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,627 ✭✭✭corks finest

Can't access boards at all on my mobile last 24 hours,cloudflare,but no prob on my 6 yr old tablet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,627 ✭✭✭corks finest

Thanks be to God- thought twas another Lagos prince,,,,phewwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I never got an email either, and now I don't know how many singles in my area wants to meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

biko wrote: »
    I never got an email either, and now I don't know how many singles in my area wants to meet.
    Dream on..... :D

I suddenly can't log in from work PC.

When I try to log in, I get a message saying "Error 1015 (then a Ray ID) and beneath this, the line" You are being rate limited", then beneath that:
    What happened?
    The owner of this website (www.boards.ie) has banned you temporarily from accessing this website.

Guys I'm in work. Now I have nothing to do except, what, work ? This isn't a desirable situation.

Sent from my non iPhone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭hgfj

Can't access boards at all on my mobile last 24 hours,cloudflare,but no prob on my 6 yr old tablet?

I can't access boards through my mobile either since last night.

I suddenly can't log in from work.

When I try to log in, I get a message saying "Error 1015 (then a Ray ID) and beneath this, the line" You are being rate limited", then beneath that:
    What happened?
    The owner of this website (www.boards.ie) has banned you temporarily from accessing this website.

Guys I'm in work. Now I have nothing to do except, what, work ? This isn't a desirable situation.

Sent from my non iPhone
    hgfj wrote: »
    I can't access boards through my mobile either since last night.
    This what i got from boards team:

Thanks for your email. Unfortunately, there were some troublesome users/bots over the weekend, which resulted in Cloudflare security being stepped up. While we are adjusting settings, some innocent users (including yourself) may get caught up in these measures. The messaging about a ban is incorrect, but we can't change that on our end. It is best to try again intermittently.

Sorry about the disruption,

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭hgfj

I suddenly can't log in from work.

What happened?

Sent from my non iPhone

I was getting that same message on the desktop last night but it's working now. Mobile still not working though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

There has been a data breach.

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    Do you have confirmed/official info?

Scammed message from boards does not prove that, in fact it was not scam from them, it was notification about private message you received, that contained scam.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

What do you mean by this? No confidential/personal information has been compromised so far as I am aware

It's already been comprehensively explained by the admins that there has not.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I suddenly can't log in from work PC.

What happened?

Sent from my non iPhone
    That's to do with the additional measures put in place to try and fend off further concerted attacks. They have basically turned up Cloudfare temporarily (hopefully!) to ward off further attempts

At least you got an email!!! FML :(

I'll send you one;);)

It's already been comprehensively explained by the admins that there has not.

Just admit it you .......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

got it too

i could acept that there was breach, say if "Sara" [user : Sareo3](this was who wrote me) was legit user, but her account was accessed and all scam send on he behalf.
    But this would be on "Sara's" soul, not boards. Same can happen again if your account password is "Pa$$w0rd"

i could acept that there was breach, say if "Sara" [user : Sareo3](this was who wrote me) was legit user, but her account was accessed and all scam send on he behalf.
    But this would be on "Sara's" soul, not boards. Same can happen again if your account password is "Pa$$w0rd"

Bro you just told everyone my password

Bro you just told everyone my password
    And Sara told me all the rest of you personal info....:D

sidcon wrote: »
    Would help explain my Netflix account being accessed in Galway when I know nobody in Galway, I used the same passwords (all changed now)

I'm in the west, whenever I use Apple TV or similar on a different phone or log into another email (associated with another phone /i.d etc) I or the other persons phone (the missus in my case) get a text saying a device is trying to access my account from Dublin, I know its me & I know I'm not in Dublin, so I can only assume the Dublin part is where my internet is actually coming from? even though I use a local provider (wireless / line of sight) if that makes sense.

class action anyone

I'm in the west, whenever I use Apple TV or similar on a different phone or log into another email (associated with another phone /i.d etc) I or the other persons phone (the missus in my case) get a text saying a device is trying to access my account from Dublin, I know its me & I know I'm not in Dublin, so I can only assume the Dublin part is where my internet is actually coming from? even though I use a local provider (wireless / line of sight) if that makes sense.
    I am Tipperary today [NOT]

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Can anyone explain why I cannot login when using my home broadband from virginmedia (getting error 1015), but can login when using data connection on phone?

IP filtering potentially

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Can anyone explain why I cannot login when using my home broadband from virginmedia (getting error 1015), but can login when using data connection on phone?

Cloudflare thinks you're dodgy, come back when you're dressed appropriately

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement