Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Comments

I'd like if they had a way to lvl your legendary weapons or any weapon or gear piece. Not like the lottery they made you play in the pre-sequel like level them with Eridium or some other rare currency.

Annoying when you get a gun with the right combination of pieces or pre-fix and it's junk because of it's level.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ah fcuk this old tweet has resurfaced.

I would actually not buy this game if its Epic only, playing coop would be fcuking hopeless in Epic Stores current state.

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/1070125621785714688

• Registered Users Posts: 13,794 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

there was heaps of that with all the raid bosses...

But it didn't detract from the main game, which could be played start to finish without the need for co-op. The raid bosses are something I never had an interest in anyway, I was all about the story. Include the raid stuff, but unlike Destiny, keep it separate from the main story.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,193 ✭✭✭✭Penn

But it didn't detract from the main game, which could be played start to finish without the need for co-op. The raid bosses are something I never had an interest in anyway, I was all about the story. Include the raid stuff, but unlike Destiny, keep it separate from the main story.

Or give us something like the Infinity Pistol glitch from BL2 where you could take on any raid boss solo and kill them in about 2 seconds. Not ashamed to say I used that a lot before it was patched out and got pretty much all legendaries/seraph weapons because of it.

Pyro Pete was the only raid boss I could legitimately take down solo, but it required getting yourself into a very particular spot to avoid almost all damage. Even then it would take ages and Sal's ammo/grenade regeneration to get through it.

I generally disliked having to team up to take on raid bosses, because most of my skills were pure solo-based and re-speccing was a pain in the hole given that you'd have to give up skills you were used to or relied on in order to be more team-based. Borderlands for me was a solo game. I disliked anything that was tied to or focused on teaming up. Would have preferred a solo option for raid bosses where they would still be extremely tough, but possible to take down solo without having to rely on glitches or cheesing strategies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I feel like Gaige can take anything down solo with anarchy and Deathtrap being a distraction.

• Advertisement

Salvador with a money shot build minced bosses too. DP Unkempt Harrold and the grog nozzle off hand. Though the problem with 2 pistols was you'd often have to leg it and wait for ammo to regen.

The glitches were part of the fun of it too. Was gas killing pyro pete with the lift
    and the evil smasher one :D

There was one for Maya involving rez too I think wasn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Enfilade wrote: »
    Some of us could solo those at OP8 :cool:

yeah and some of us rage quit, smashing a controller off the floor after dying for the billionth time...
    :pac:

Spotted this on reddit earlier, pinch of salt needed. Originally posted on 4chan

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/b5yaiw/rumor_borderlands_3_possibly_leaked_via_4chan/
    Takes place 5 years after the end of BL2/TPS

Tannis is not what she seems

AI Jack may be back, but he's not the villain

Rhys is back as CEO of Atlas. Atlas is back as a manufacturer. Gorty is back to help the player find multiple vaults in the game. Not just one vault this time. Tina is back as an adult. No word on the others but you can expect cameos from everyone like in BL2

writing is more like BL1 than BL2, no Anthony Birch this time

4 new vault hunters

Abilities have been reworked, everyone now has multiple action skills instead of one

Flak the Beastmaster is a homeless looking android. He can summon multiple creatures to help him fight. The AI for this is what delayed announcement last October. So hopefully it's fixed now.

The female seen in the UE4 demo last year is a Valdof character who is the gunner class. She can summon a bear mech on which other players can ride. Summons the mech like in Titanfall. No word on how this works indoors. Probably a commie waifu

The older male is like Batman. He's the stealth/assassin character. He's rich and uses gadgets for his action skills.

There's a black female Siren character. She's melee oriented like Brick was. She will have several siren abilities like phase-lock, phase-shift, and a ground pound skill.

NPCs can revive you now if you're close enough and go into FFYL

Guns are reworked. You'll have changeable gun parts of various rarities/stats. You'll be able to alter the type of gun, the firing rate, the reload speed, the stability, and element as you find new parts.

The bad guys are The Calypso Twins. One is a female siren (as only females can be sirens) and the other is a male who somehow has siren powers. Either he figured out a way to give anyone siren powers or the bond between twins allows him to share his sister's powers. They're rumored to be ex-Atlas employees

The Calypso twins rule The Children of the Vault, a cult mob that will replace Bandits/Scavs as the default human mob.

They will have their own weapon brand

All brands returning except Bandit/Scav

All elements returning except Slag, Laser, and Ice. New elements are rumored and the only lead says "nuclear" is one of them. Although that sounds like a fan making **** up.

You'll start on Pandora but leave shortly into the game on Sanctuary 3, the Crimson Raider's ship. It will be the hub for multiple planet locations.

We're going to Promethea

• Registered Users Posts: 27,752 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Enfilade wrote: »
    Spotted this on reddit earlier, pinch of salt needed. Originally posted on 4chan

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/b5yaiw/rumor_borderlands_3_possibly_leaked_via_4chan/

6pm tomorrow is it?

Either tomorrow or Friday I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

<insert it's happening dot gif>

• Registered Users Posts: 13,794 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Possibly the only series where the music matches the game. Suitably dubby. I am excite!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,442 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A huge amount of work went into that mask! Can't wait for the announcement. I think the two people from the start of the teaser add credence to the Reddit leak yesterday ..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,228 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Christ im so excited for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,193 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mr E wrote: »
    A huge amount of work went into that mask! Can't wait for the announcement. I think the two people from the start of the teaser add credence to the Reddit leak yesterday ..

Aye, even looked to be an Android with some Rakk flying around him, which could be "Flak the Beastmaster is a homeless looking android. He can summon multiple creatures to help him fight."

A good teaser trailer. Is this what we were supposed to be getting this week or is this just a precursor to something more?

Some secrets from the trailer. Like I said, a huge amount of work has gone into this trailer, I think.... :)
    If you’ve seen the Borderlands 3 trailer you might have spotted that there’s
    a code hidden in all that deliriously exciting footage. If you haven’t, then don’t worry, I‘ve done all the hard work for you and have found as much of this mysterious Borderlands 3 code as I can! In total there are 15 digits hidden throughout the video, reading C35TB - WS6ST - TXBRK - JJH6H. The first section is found on a pipe behind a Psycho statue, the second is next to a Midget statue above them, the third is on the flying car piloted by the four playable Vault Hunters (who you can read more about in my Borderlands 3 trailer breakdown piece), and the last one is just above Ellie. But what on earth could this Borderlands 3 code mean?

https://www.gamesradar.com/borderlands-3-teaser-trailer-secret-code//
    Just when you thought there was nothing else left to find in the Borderlands 3 trailer, our very own James Jarvis has found a secret morse code hidden in the first handful of seconds of footage. Yes, really. Look carefully and you’ll see lights spell out
    ‘Count the Sirens’, in an incredibly enigmatic twist that has us watering at the mouth for more details about Borderlands 3. Now, time to dissect exactly what it could mean - and prepare yourself, because things are about to get real deep real quick. Handsome Jack revealed that only six Sirens can exist in the Borderlands universe at any one point. These ladies have terrifyingly powerful alien abilities, and are not to be messed with: Lilith from Borderlands can phasewalk, Maya from Borderlands 2 could phaselock enemies, Angel could phaseshift people (i.e. teleport them), and Commandant Steele… well, we don’t know what she could do, as she died before she showed off her abilities. Angel is dead too, which leaves only two Sirens that we know of - Lilith and Maya. So where are the other four? They’re clearly going to be a big part of Borderlands 3 thanks to this sneaky hint hidden in the trailer, and some even think one of them could be called Mayhem. You know, after the whole ‘Mayhem is coming’ tagline to the teaser trailer. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see…

https://www.gamesradar.com/theres-morse-code-hidden-in-the-borderlands-3-trailer-heres-what-it-means//

• Registered Users Posts: 27,752 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Penn wrote: »
    Aye, even looked to be an Android with some Rakk flying around him, which could be "Flak the Beastmaster is a homeless looking android. He can summon multiple creatures to help him fight."

A good teaser trailer. Is this what we were supposed to be getting this week or is this just a precursor to something more?

Probably a full reveal tomorrow with release date given.

If they say this is going to be on the Epic store only on PC there's going to be so much whinging :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Probably a full reveal tomorrow with release date given.

If they say this is going to be on the Epic store only on PC there's going to be so much whinging :pac:

The way things are going, I'd be shocked if this wasn't Epic store only for PC.

Post I made with the supposed leaks for BL3 earlier seems to have gotten the Twins right at least.

The code in the spoilers a few posts up looks like it's for the shift keys they give out on twitter and facebook etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone tried the key in BL2 or prequel?

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Anyone tried the key in BL2 or prequel?

5 keys and a Salvador skin in BL2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,612 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

TitianGerm wrote: »
    6pm tomorrow is it?

6PM Today. https://borderlands.com/en-US/

No Battle Royale.... good start. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,228 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Doesn't look like it's gotten a visual upgrade based on that, looks more or less the same as 2 did visually.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That PAX presentation was up there with Mr Caffeine for the all-time sh1tshows.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭T. Hanks

5 years Randy, I don't believe you.

No release date either.

Also what the hell happened the initial showing of the trailer. PAX fail

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Any release date?

• Advertisement

Awesome. Loads of old characters and the TFTB crew, including Rhys with a dodgy moustache. Didn't see Fiona though.

Advertisement