Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The royal wedding who cares.(Maybe Meghan)(Lovers of Royal Wedding thread)

• 03-05-2018 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭

I have seen lots of ads about the upcoming royal wedding of Harry and Meghan and i really couldn't care less i dont know why so many Irish people have such a fascination with the British royal family. People get married all the time i dont see this one as being any different just because it happens to involves royals who cares they are just people like everyone else at the end of the day but all i hear is never ending fawning over it. I didnt watch William and Kates wedding and i sure as hell wont be watching this one either because i have far better things to be doing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I dont care enough to start a thread on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

i think its pushed on people rather than they actually wanting it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

retalivity wrote: »

Im perfectly entitled to start a thread on it to vent my feelings about the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,792 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I hope it won't affect my viewing of the FA Cup Final.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

OP - nobody is forcing you to watch, build a bridge and get over it. I'm a diehard monarchist and I won't be watching it, but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that some nutter doesn't try and do something stupid - as I do when anything like this wedding takes place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dog walker 1234

People will watch it to see the fashion, celebrities and who did/didn't get an invite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Will James Hewitt be at it?

Gwynplaine wrote: »

Does this comment make you feel edgy?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

I can't wait, I do enjoy the Royal Weddings. I'll probably throw a party for it.

Pity this poor boardsie, he's been invited and is dreading it ..
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057868092

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Gwynplaine wrote: »

No, but his son will.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Why do you keep opening threads about things you seemingly don't care about? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Mutant z wrote: »
    I have seen lots of ads about the upcoming royal wedding of Harry and Meghan and i really couldn't care less i dont know why so many Irish people have such a fascination with the British royal family. People get married all the time i dont see this one as being any different just because it happens to involves royals who cares they are just people like everyone else at the end of the day but all i hear is never ending fawning over it. I didnt watch William and Kates wedding and i sure as hell wont be watching this one either because i have far better things to be doing.

You obviously care in some way about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Can't really see the point in RTE sending over 3 broadcasters and spending a pile of cash on it.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Can't really see the point in RTE sending over 3 broadcasters and spending a pile of cash on it.

You're not seeing it from the perspective of the RTE broadcasters :)

Zebra3 wrote: »
    No, but his son will.

Equally edgy. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

100% agree OP. Same **** when the new baby arrived a few weeks ago.. some1 in our whatsapp group "omg kates in labour " every1 all excited.. took me a while to figure out who tF kate was.
    Assumed it was 1 their sisters or something so didnt want to ask .
    Women are weird. I say this as a woman. Doubt any men give a crap about any of it??

I wish them both well but for some reason I can't help stocking up on the popcorn with all of the outlaws/step cousins getting involved:o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,149 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This is a very big wedding to those who are into it. It would be similar saying the final of The Champions League was just another match!

Imagine if your wedding was on the same day as the royal wedding... wouldn't you be totally overshadowed and mortified?
    <Insert multiple OMGs and emojis here>

Probably end up calling your kids Cromwell, Gerry or Corbyn or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Will sit in front of the TV with my sketch pad and get an accurate enough sketch of Megan's dress. After that I'll sell it to some dressmaker.
    But I kid you not this is a real business.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Watch all the Irish “bloggers” fawn all over and every middle class girl in Ireland go on about it
    Fab number one comment on the dress I bet lol

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Does this comment make you feel edgy?

What's with all this wow you're edgy bull**** lately. Started on Facebook as well.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

bigpink wrote: »
    Watch all the Irish “bloggers” fawn all over and every middle class girl in Ireland go on about it
    Fab number one comment on the dress I bet lol

The dress is the single most important thing most people care about. The British Royal wedding dresses aren't just some frocks, they are cult, culture and setting trends. Immediately after the wedding and the 2 years following at least, Kate's dress was the single most asked for style in dress shops.
    Now that the Royal sprog 3 is born, everyone goes on about the next thing and that's the dress.

I'll deffo turn in for the few minutes where she gets out of the car just to see what she's wearing and what will dictate the trend of 2019 heavily.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭AllForIt

It's going to be broadcast in fork hay. That's a first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭threetrees

I care cos I'm nosey. I'll watch some of it and gawk at the pictures on the daily mail.

This is a very big wedding to those who are into it. It would be similar saying the final of The Champions League was just another match!

1981 was a huge celebration. People in England had street parties. Anyone who could crowded around a TV.

This wedding will be a complete and utter social media and reality nightmare for the Royal Family.

Don't make any mistake about that- we're in seriously unknown territory with seriously unknown outcomes.

You can be "into it" for many different reasons. In this case, there's a serious campaign in the UK National Media to derail this couple.

I've never seen such veracity and consistency of underhanded journalism.

1981 was a spectacle.

This might be a media enhanced Nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

buckwheat wrote: »
    What's with all this wow you're edgy bull**** lately. Started on Facebook as well.:mad:

Oh, it's something that butthurt people trot out.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

retalivity wrote: »

But enough to reply to one on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

_Dara_ wrote: »
    buckwheat wrote: »

Oh, it's something that butthurt people trot out.

Butthurt is well overused as well.

Advertisement