Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime £59 for a year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Doodah7

wizardman wrote: »
    Going to sign up now thanks OP. How would I know if I'm on Ireland or UK settings before getting onto customer service.

Thanks

You will be on Ireland by default. I just changed my region; it literally took seconds through chat. Said I was in Newtownabbey and seemed to be on Republic of Ireland settings. Chat agent came back straight away to say that he had changed some settings and I was sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

Doodah7 wrote: »
    You will be on Ireland by default. I just changed my region; it literally took seconds through chat. Said I was in Newtownabbey and seemed to be on Republic of Ireland settings. Chat agent came back straight away to say that he had changed some settings and I was sorted!

Thanks. Signed up. Got onto chat, can you confirm my region is set to uk. She asked for my billing address gave my parcel motel. Yes that's correct was her reply.

Didn't fill me with confidence. Anyway of checking? Prime video content? How will I know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Didn't fill me with confidence. Anyway of checking? Prime video content? How will I know?

You access UK Prime from amazon.co.uk not primevideo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭ClaptonBay

Do you still have to meet a minimum threshold for free delivery on prime ie £25 but that you get it quicker, or can you order £15 of stuff and still get free delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

ClaptonBay wrote: »
    Do you still have to meet a minimum threshold for free delivery on prime ie £25 but that you get it quicker, or can you order £15 of stuff and still get free delivery?

The item has to be eligible for Prime shipping which not all are particularly marketplace items. Watch out for the Prime logo on it. Once it is Prime eligible there is no minimum amount for the free shipping.

• Advertisement

ElNino wrote: »
    You access UK Prime from amazon.co.uk not primevideo.com

Yes can login here. I installed amazon music, it's looking for a UK credit card and UK address. Wouldn't accept Irish CC

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Use a revoult card they use english bank or did. Its what i use.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,142 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Thanks. Signed up. Got onto chat, can you confirm my region is set to uk. She asked for my billing address gave my parcel motel. Yes that's correct was her reply.

If you can watch season 1 of Fleabag you're on the UK account.

Hurrache wrote: »
    If you can watch season 1 of Fleabag you're on the UK account.

Yep fleabag working. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Thanks for the reminders on how to switch to the UK. I had done this a year ago but I guess it reverted back! The movie I used to test was Lego Batman. If you are in the UK you should be able to open this link and click "watch now".

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-Batman-Movie-Will-Arnett/dp/B01MZGF2DX/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=batman+movie&qid=1562921644&rnid=1642204031&s=instant-video&sr=1-1

If you see not available in your location then contact support via chat. Took about 1 minute to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,342 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Anyway to renew a Prime membership for £59?
    Mines up in August and this makes a renew a real bargain IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭astonvanilla

my subscription was due to renew for £79 on Tuesday. I contacted customer service and they advised the only way would be to cancel existing membership and set up a new one for the £59.
    cancellation was immediate and was quickly able to set up the new annual sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

my subscription was due to renew for £79 on Tuesday. I contacted customer service and they advised the only way would be to cancel existing membership and set up a new one for the £59.
    cancellation was immediate and was quickly able to set up the new annual sub.

Using your existing Amazon account or a new one? The £59 offer says it's only for new customers or those switching from monthly to annual. I'm in a similar position but with an August expiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

Thanks for the reminders on how to switch to the UK. I had done this a year ago but I guess it reverted back! The movie I used to test was Lego Batman. If you are in the UK you should be able to open this link and click "watch now".

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-Batman-Movie-Will-Arnett/dp/B01MZGF2DX/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=batman+movie&qid=1562921644&rnid=1642204031&s=instant-video&sr=1-1

If you see not available in your location then contact support via chat. Took about 1 minute to do.
    Strange, Lego Batman works for me but the 1st Season of Fleabag doesn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,579 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

How will I know which region my prime is linked to?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 17,841 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Pays for itself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

How will I know which region my prime is linked to?

By reading the last 7 posts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 cojie

For all those worried about how Brexit affects you if it all goes tits up at the end of October......I just contacted Amazon and heres what they had to say about cancelling your membership before the year is up.........."if you cancel the prime, refund will be done on the basis of its usage and months remaining so you will be able for partial refund at that time"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Incidentally, I wonder if I set my renewal to monthly now, while not due til next July, will I eligible at the current offer is for new members or those on the monthly plan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Arthur Eager Band

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Incidentally, I wonder if I set my renewal to monthly now, while not due til next July, will I eligible at the current offer is for new members or those on the monthly plan?

Unlikely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

For Prime TV UK users on here, how do you find it compared to Netflix? I had trial of Irish Prime TV and its fairly poor and found a lot of stuff required extra payments too. I'm subscribed to Netflix at the middle tier package and I'm thinking this will work out at half the price over the year. Don't get much use out of Netflix really

If you don't use Netflix much, it's probably pointless getting Prime for TV too.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kheb

I paid the £79 last October. Is this deal of any use to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Hurrache wrote: »
    If you don't use Netflix much, it's probably pointless getting Prime for TV too.

I use it a bit for the little one to watch Peppa and that but apart from the odd big series I'm interested I rarely find anything of use on it. Herself will be on maternity leave soon though so I'm wondering if Prime TV UK would keep her entertained. I also have a Nintendo Switch and Twitch Prime give free 12 months online sub for that as far as I know and I order from Amazon a bit. TV would be a bonus if TV had decent content

Using your existing Amazon account or a new one? The £59 offer says it's only for new customers or those switching from monthly to annual. I'm in a similar position but with an August expiry.

It's my existing Amazon account. They cancelled my existing membership and I started a new one. My settings and watch lists were all retained.

skerry wrote: »
    TV would be a bonus if TV had decent content

IMO it does have a decent selection of TV series, there's a few mentioned in this thread, skip to the last few pages

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057771671

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's my existing Amazon account. They cancelled my existing membership and I started a new one. My settings and watch lists were all retained.

Do you lose whatever time you had left on the existing sub?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Do you lose whatever time you had left on the existing sub?

Yeah, but I had only 4 days remaining. Not sure if they will issue me a pro-rated refund on what was left! Nice 87 cent into my pocket for the weekend :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭cullenswood

raytaxi wrote: »
    Use a revoult card they use english bank or did. Its what i use.

This didn't work for me when trying to sign into the Music App.

Anyone else know a way around this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Everything that I have bought from Amazon.co.uk recently seems to have physically come from Amazon SARL (in other words: France)
    Is that their way of preparing for Brexit? Or just a co-incidence ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement