Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HELP STREAMING T.V. SHOWS ON THE PS3

• 27-08-2010 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

hi if anyone can offer any assistance on how to stream t.v. shows on the ps3 i would appreciate it. ive been trying to watch entourage unsuccesfully through surf the channel and other sites. the best result i have got is a black screen with sound. is it possible to do this for free or do i have to join up to some site like hulu?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Wish I could help - all I can do is stream from my PC.

Interested in seeing a solution to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

The only solution I can think of is through tversity. They have a set up for hulu et all. Only problem is that you would have be in America or have a good proxy that hulu doesn't pick up on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I use tv blinx.. Just google watch entourage tv blinx and you should get a link

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

coach22 wrote: »
    hi if anyone can offer any assistance on how to stream t.v. shows on the ps3 i would appreciate it. ive been trying to watch entourage unsuccesfully through surf the channel and other sites. the best result i have got is a black screen with sound. is it possible to do this for free or do i have to join up to some site like hulu?

Are you using the latest PS3 update ? Think they fixed this problem with flash players on sites in the last update.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I use tv blinx.. Just google watch entourage tv blinx and you should get a link

Surely blinx has to be of suspect legal status. It just offers too much for free. Seems too good to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I use surf the channel to watch a load of stuff on the PS3 without a problem. Just use the Megavideo links, they work perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

The update fixed the problem. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

RangeR wrote: »
    Surely blinx has to be of suspect legal status. It just offers too much for free. Seems too good to be true.

Its doesn't actually host anything. IT just a aggregator for other sites offering free tv shows. Most of them use Megavideo which is limitd to 70 odd minutes of tv viewing before you get timed out. The time out last for about an hour and you can watch again.

Project free tv is a good one, thought it doesn't stream very well on the PS3....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I just turn off my modem and turn it back on again and it resets my ip address so essentialy you get limitless viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Kersmash wrote: »
    I just turn off my modem and turn it back on again and it resets my ip address so essentialy you get limitless viewing.

exactly, works a charm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

exactly, works a charm

I live in student accomodation at the moment...I have a fixed ip address :(

Advertisement