Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with relationship of sorts

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

anncoates wrote: »
    Although non contact is the sensible route, it offers a poor enjoyment return for us as a community so it's imperative that your next move be a huge bouquet and an alarming stalker message.

Check back here for the next move.

LOL, open source stalking... Look out Bergerac!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

If she had any sort of feelings for you she would have at least had the decency to say look I'm not looking for a relationship or whatever but she hadn't even the decency to reply to you so why would you bother replying. Forget about her completely and definitely do NOT send her anything at all, that would put you into downright creepy asshole territory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

She's creepy. Disappearing like that...odd odd odd. Send the flowers to someone you've a chance with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Fleawuss wrote: »
    She's creepy. Disappearing like that...odd odd odd. Send the flowers to someone you've a chance with.
    Next dates you go on! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Firstly, no to the flowers. And is probably best to walk away. However if you really want to give it one more try either ring her, or text her and say something to the effect you just wanted to apolgies again and that you will leave her alone from now on but that you would be delighted to hear from her if she ever wants to get in touch.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice & bants all, defo added a bit of sorely needed perspective!

Yes it was odd dropping off radar altogether without so much as an "I'll call you", which is what had me initially confused and lost for what to do (I tend to be action/solution based); I mean stalker or otherwise we were getting on like a house on fire, I'm generally a bit of craic and I've been told I dont usually smell too bad.
    Ah well sure: onwards and upwards I guess! ;):)

It's probably quite upsetting knowing that the last thing you said was possibly ill advised. You'll probably over analyse it and only cause yourself more stress. Maybe one last message of the "really sorry, hope we can stay friends anyway" variety, not flowers.

I should add the proviso that as a married man I'm really not in the know, but have had fall outs with friends - first the harsh texts then the texts going into blame and each person saying no it was my fault and so on. Any relationship ending is upsetting, more so if you hoped for something more out if it.

It's probably quite upsetting knowing that the last thing you said was possibly ill advised. You'll probably over analyse it and only cause yourself more stress. Maybe one last message of the "really sorry, hope we can stay friends anyway" variety, not flowers.

I should add the proviso that as a married man I'm really not in the know, but have had fall outs with friends - first the harsh texts then the texts going into blame and each person saying no it was my fault and so on. Any relationship ending is upsetting, more so if you hoped for something more out if it.

Thanks Connor, that's actually a very thoughtful reply, appreciate it. I'm new to the dating scene after ending a long term relationship some time ago, before which it was the rural pub->drunk->shift scene, so I'm aware my perceptions and expectations of what constitutes normal and acceptable is going to be at least slightly different from people that are used to and expect the city dating scene. Which is a large part of the reason I thought to ask here and TBH I'm glad I did :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

You gotta laugh at this sh*t. The amount of people on online dating, and on facebook, twitter, god knows what else. Details of them everywhere. They've googled the sh*t out of you but if you mention one thing that "you shouldn't" know :rolleyes: they get "freaked" "creeped" out. Gotta laugh at stupid people o/

Hey I saw you want skydiving in France, cool

How do you know that?! :eek::mad::eek::eek:

Ye know you plastered it all over the internet and I'm like dating you so it that a problem?

LO-F*CKING-L

Mint Aero wrote: »
    You gotta laugh at this sh*t. The amount of people on online dating, and on facebook, twitter, god knows what else. Details of them everywhere. They've googled the sh*t out of you but if you mention one thing that "you shouldn't" know :rolleyes: they get "freaked" "creeped" out. Gotta laugh at stupid people o/

Hey I saw you want skydiving in France, cool

How do you know that?! :eek::mad::eek::eek:

Ye know you plastered it all over the internet and I'm like dating you so it that a problem?

LO-F*CKING-L

Ha ha, you know what, before I posted I thought nearly the exact same thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement