Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Last of Us

1128129130131132134»

Comments

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    WTF is this voodoo ****? I downed him and he popped back up. Even after a shiv, it looked like he was still in the game and didn't give me any parts for the kill.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1180110106266148864?s=19

Played a few games in a group yesterday evening. It's glitched to hell.
    It was fun when we got into a game full of noobs tho :P

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I did it on survivor, it was both the worst and best gaming experience I've had, well kinda. I couldn't face going outside after let alone thinking of doing it on grounded.

I've done it on Grounded a few years back. It's very close to Survivor.
    What I did find is that folks tend to think they need to sneak kill everyone.
    If you use your actual ammo the games systems will give ammo back to you.
    You don't have to use stealth all the time. You will note increased ammo drops if you use your ammo in-game.

Essentially: Having low ammo gives you a better chance at seeing an ammo drop

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah Survivor was very different than the regular run, it was almost a different game. I was aware of the ammo mechanic alright. Much of my playthrough consisted of trying to run past baddies. It was just things like the restaurant fight with Alan? or the shack fight mentioned earlier filled me with dread, as I approached them.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Yeah Survivor was very different than the regular run, it was almost a different game. I was aware of the ammo mechanic alright. Much of my playthrough consisted of trying to run past baddies. It was just things like the restaurant fight with Alan? or the shack fight mentioned earlier filled me with dread, as I approached them.

I forgot to get some alcohol to make a medkit as I approached the shack fight, then the game autosaved, d'oh :)! I could've restarted the level but I wanted to see if I could do it without getting hit once. One tip I found was that you can one-shot bloaters by shooting them below the knee with Ellie's rifle as that part isn't armoured.

I probably stealth-killed in most encounters just for satisfaction but yeah a lot you can just run past even on Grounded, including the sniper part on Suburbs.
    Even the fact you can't see a health bar isn't that bad as you get a feel for how much damage you've taken. If you have the itch to 100% games and have already beaten it on Survivor then I definitely think you can do it on Grounded.

It's not necessarily that I think I lack the ability to do it but whether I could endure the stress. I actually played it again straight after the survivor run just to relax.
    You're almost crying with relief when you find a bandage.

• Advertisement

It's not necessarily that I think I lack the ability to do it but whether I could endure the stress. I actually played it again straight after the survivor run just to relax.
    You're almost crying with relief when you find a bandage.

The checkpoint system is where the rage comes from.
    It's a load of bolox if you die. It puts you miles back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,634 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Did anyone ever shoot a clicker in the face to see the fungus break off?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

So I've gotten all of the trophies from the main game & DLC apart from the Firefly journey, and I've noticed that some people are using exploits in MP to shoot through parts of the map! There were a few times where I was getting shot when I was inside even though there was no-one there. And then there's the pay-to-win weapons & perks. Great multiplayer at times but that can really sour things for me.

If there's one thing online multiplayer has taught us, it's that people are c***s

Advertisement