Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New GAA Jerseys 2020

• 04-09-2019 2:48am

Hi folks. New thread for next season.

First addition, Offaly

489865.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Hi folks. New thread for next season.

First addition, Offaly

489865.JPG

That jersey is a triumph!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Patser

That is very nice, both clean and simple without being boring. I really like to number font on the back, and even the sponsor on the front seems to fit - so many jersies are ruined by a poor sponsor

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Patser wrote: »
    That is very nice, both clean and simple without being boring. I really like to number font on the back, and even the sponsor on the front seems to fit - so many jersies are ruined by a poor sponsor

That's a good Jersey.. I cant explain why..think it's the sleeves and the sponsors Logo is well done.. Onwards and upwards for the Bogmen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

The goalkeeper jersey is not too bad either
    EDkkYT3WsAEgQJg?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

What's Jigsaw on the back about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Jigsaw is a charity offering support for young people in the area of metal health and i think they have recently opened an offaly branch
    https://www.jigsaw.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

I hope Kilkenny get rid of that horrible crest.

Offaly jersey is lovely. Very nicely done.

I hope Kilkenny get rid of that horrible crest.

Offaly jersey is lovely. Very nicely done.

Kilkenny should do a rework of that lovely 80s crest they had. Or perhaps just a monochrome of the front of the castle with a black cat in the foreground

• Registered Users Posts: 37,710 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Waterford should be due a new jersey, we change every 2 years last one was for the start of the 2018 season

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭cson

Carrolls and Supermacs must be both some of the longest running sponsors in the game? (Coincidentally both really fit well with the colours of their respective counties as opposed to say Cork or Westmeath).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

cson wrote:
    Carrolls and Supermacs must be both some of the longest running sponsors in the game? (Coincidentally both really fit well with the colours of their respective counties as opposed to say Cork or Westmeath).

Kerry Group there from the start with Kerry. Hard to see that partnership ending any time soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭99problems1

There's too much going on with that Offaly jerseys.

You have the stripes on shoulder, stripes on sleeve and the stripes on the abdomen. Then on the back there appears to be some printed design of something.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

There's too much going on with that Offaly jerseys.

You have the stripes on shoulder, stripes on sleeve and the stripes on the abdomen. Then on the back there appears to be some printed design of something.

What would you change? All of the above?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭99problems1

What would you change? All of the above?

I like the sleeves. The shoulder stripes I would just keep a pure green.

I could live with the mid drift stripes then.

Not sure what the thing on the back is.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

I like the sleeves. The shoulder stripes I would just keep a pure green.

I could live with the mid drift stripes then.

Not sure what the thing on the back is.

Eslo fidelis is Latin for be faithful. Thanks Google. Offaly is the faithful county

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭paul0103

Eslo fidelis is Latin for be faithful. Thanks Google. Offaly is the faithful county

Ironic, given the treatment of some recent hurling managers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Nice top - apart from having both 'JIGSAW' and 'OFFALY' on the back. Too busy looking - one or the other. Also, Offlay should be in the irish spelling.
    There is something about the sleeves that makes it looks like a parts bin special though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Roscommon is the only county crest with Latin on it afaik

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Offaly is the same template as Sligo's jersey this year, it's a good one in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Can't wait to see it in the crowd at Wimbedon or following Lowry in Augusta!
    There should be a competition to see the most outrageous place we can get a county jersey in camera view

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Offaly is the same template as Sligo's jersey this year, it's a good one in fairness.
    The Sligo black jersey really looked the part

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

The Sligo jersey is completely different?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

statto25 wrote: »
    The Sligo jersey is completely different?

It has those dark lines from the torso down, the three stripes on the shoulders and a similar collar, there are some differences but it's largely the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

The Offaly top is nice when judged in isolation but it's far too similar to others out there to get too excited about.

O'Neill's really seem to want to get the value off their current template. Every county bar Dublin have the same round collar with the tree stripes partially running down the sleeves. It looked the part when Kerry were the first county that adopted it but now every team has it.

It wouldn't kill O'Neill's to have some variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Which counties are not with O'Neills currently?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

Which counties are not with O'Neills currently?

Waterford are the only Intercounty Mens Team who are not supplied by Oneills

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Edgware wrote: »
    Can't wait to see it in the crowd at Wimbedon or following Lowry in Augusta!
    There should be a competition to see the most outrageous place we can get a county jersey in camera view

The lad in Azerbaijan or wherever it was driving a tractor wearing a Rockwell Tyrone jersey has to hard to beat in fairness!

There was a chap in England about ten years ago who killed his kids. No Irish connection ever made, but in one of the family photos one of the children is wearing an Arnotts Dubs jersey.

Hardly a reason to kill the young in fairness …...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

There's a bar in a sketchy area of Bogota with Roscommon shirts on the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

There's a bar in a sketchy area of Bogota with Roscommon shirts on the wall.

Ming's holidays ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Advertisement