Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce yourselves

• 12-10-2007 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭fits

This is Duchess...

She's 18 years old, and I've owned her for 14 years... I dont ride at the moment but hope to join a riding club in January and get back into it.

c27eaaa3.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Great to have a forum!!!

Im interested in eventing and hunting. Have ridden my entitre life and i think its in me blood!!

Great to see the forum made!

Used to do a lot of SJAI and eventing however college and shooting take up my time these days! Hope to get back into when after graduation (hopefully!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Hi, I live in naas and do a good bit of riding club on my pony siog. shes 21 and loves to jump. I help out at a yard 2 evenings a week and teach one evening a week too. bogged down woth all the clipping at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Horseless at the moment, had a half livery which ended in August so now I get my kicks at RS`s.

Plan to go hunting for the first time this year! Eek!.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Turoe Clover

Hey fits (Casper from NR here),
    As you might know I have 3 kids, two are in foal and I'm horse hunting at the mo .... it's hard work !! I'm not into anything major, just having the crack and trying to improve my riding at the mo !!

A pic of turoe clover back in the riding days!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭fits

Yeah I knew it was you :)

Lovely pics.. keep em coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Delighted we got a forum :D

Im 24, from Roscommon. Have two neddies, Ben - Connemara and Mandy - ISH. I have Ben since i was 12 and Miss Mandy is a more recent addition. Ben loves to hunt and jump but doesn't like hard work... Mandy has just starter her career Show Jumping and is showing great promise.

Horses026.jpg

cid_eBbYzoEuOr.jpg

783570588a5779585228l.jpg

783570588a5779718322l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

Bendihorse your on NR right?? ive seen them pics before...and im pretty sure its from there...

Hi Ashlingm, not sure what NR is? I could very well be but you'll have to enlighten me a bit more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Bendihorse wrote: »
    Delighted we got a forum :D

Im 24, from Roscommon. Have two neddies, Ben - Connemara and Mandy - ISH. I have Ben since i was 12 and Miss Mandy is a more recent addition. Ben loves to hunt and jump but doesn't like hard work... Mandy has just starter her career Show Jumping and is showing great promise.

Horses026.jpg

cid_eBbYzoEuOr.jpg

783570588a5779585228l.jpg

783570588a5779718322l.jpg

Is that who I think it is on the fence in the third Pic?:)

• Advertisement

Ya that is who you think it is sitting on the fence in the third pic! Must be weird to browse around online and see someone you know so well where you lease expect it ;) The internet is such a small place really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

NR - New Rider forum....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Coonagh Cowboy

Nice to finally see a equestrian forum.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Yahoooooo...we've an equestrian forum at last! I hadn't been online in weeks, and this was a nice surprise to log on to!

I'm 26, from Kildare. Used to do a lot of riding and loved hunting and competing. Then I moved to Dublin for Uni and got lazy ;-) Really anxious to get back into it now that I finished exams just last week! (freeeeeedom, yay!!). Had a hand op yesterday but once I'm over that I want to start back in a riding school in Dublin/Kildare/Wicklow-any recommendations?! Somewhere friendly is a must, and I'd love an opportunity to get back competing, so somewhere with a riding club attached would be cool.

Anyway, great to see the forum up and running :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TheB

Hi

Just found this forum!

I'm 32, living in Portlaoise atm while in process of buying a house. Moved from back here from Essex in August

I've brought my horse George with me.. he is an 18yo TB. Due to leg probs he doesn't jump anymore but we do a lot of showing. Hoping to start doing some Stressage with him here and some fun stuff like LeTrec/Sponsored Rides etc. Also looking for a new ned after Crimbo to hunt/jump/show..

GPulledFirst.jpg

TheB

• Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭fits

He is stunning... I really like

+1 smashing horse. "Well put together"!

Lovely boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TheB

Thanks very much for the complements - :) I think he's drop-dead gorgeous but I'm biased!!

You guys have some very nice horses too.. especially the little dun - Ben ? .. I have asoft spot for dun ponies.. I had a little 138 JA that was dun and she was fantastic!

TheBx

Your Guy is Gorgeous TheB, got a real presence and 'look at me' stance about him! :)

Thats my little ben, hes adorable but not getting much use these says, i dont want to sell him as hes my original baby but i would like to loan him out to someone that would use him and take care of him... but loaning isn't popular in ireland so hes just parked in the field getting ever fatter!

Here he is showing his real character:

goformum.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Fillie

hello all ye horsey manics!!!

im 29 and i have one and train 2 other elite members of m team!! miss mandy being one of them and my super steed cliff. won at the rds this year was my first year to qualify, qualfied 3 wks after having my first baby in april, my best achievement to date... here he is in all his glory see what ye think..

Hi Donna! :Waves:

Donna is my Mandi's esteemed trainer :D Great to have an irish equestrian board isn't it! Cliff is FAB as usual hun, you look so funny in the second photo at the rds, the face on ya! :D

Me and Cliffy at the RDS this year!

4575310274a5405590091l.jpg

Hi Fillie.

Gorgeous horse!!

hi togster,

hes my main man... thank you. on his hols at the minute!!! was a long successful summer

Cliff is gorgeous, I love that dappled bay colour.

thks dr evil... hes a pretty boy alrite but very sensitive and hot to handle. you need lots and lots of patience and he needs alot of attention. but when you do that he jump to the stars for you, amazing animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭roxychix

hi i am 24yrs old been riding since i can remember currently livin in maynooth for access to uni and work only get home to see my baby at the weekend. she a thouroughbredX only 6yrs and miss her loads during the week. i use her for showjumping, crosscountry etc. shes called homey and is scared of everything but wouldnt swap her for the world. only thing is i am a little worried about her she has a cyst at the top of her head and have to wach to see that it doesnt leak into her eye cavity but she is in good hands in donegal. sorry for the long blog.PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=34541437&PhotoAlbumId=6041420265&PhotoId=6042101926

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭katiemac

Hi everyone,

I haven't ridden for a few years now, but I want to get back into it.
    I don't own a horse and all my riding gear is too small for me know.

So how much will it cost me to get back into it?
    I need a skull cap, rubber riding boots, back protector, jods, and a warm, waterproof jacket.
    I don't have limitless funds available so I must moderate my expenditure.

Also, Can anyone suggest a good stables in north county Dublin where I can go trekking etc. Not ready for x country or hunting yet.

Katie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

Hi everybody,

Thought it was about time I introduced me and my babe, I've been riding for 24 years.

Sadly due to a severe lack of grazing my babe has to live away so I don't see him that often :(

Advertisement