Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling GAMSAT notes - read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kara27

Hi,

Selling everything I used for Gamsat last year.

Full set of GRADMED notes
    -Includes
    Organic Chemistry
    Physical Chemistry
    Physics
    Biology
    Maths For Science
    Written Communication
    Stimulation Gamsat Question Papers

MCAT 101 Passages in Verbal Reasoning (Found this really useful)

Organic Chemistry for Dummies

Price 200

Here is the link. It wouldn't let me post the link without the space after www as I am a new user.

www donedeal.ie/books-for-sale/full-set-of-gamsat-perparation-material/7401752

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ibizarocks

adverts.ie/6154906

This is what I used to get into the Royal College of Surgeons Graduate entry Medical program, coming from a non-science background. Material includes:

- MediRed Book 1 (PDF)
    - MediRed Book 2 (PDF)
    - Griffiths GAMSAT review (PDF)
    - Griffiths sample questions (PDF)
    - Griffiths sample answers explained (PDF)
    - Physics workbook for Dummies
    - Chemistry workbook for Dummies
    - Organic Chemistry workbook I for Dummies
    - Organic Chemistry I for Dummies
    - MCAT 101 Passages in MCAT
    - A.C. Grayling - The Meaning of Things

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Wishful thinking123

Hi all,

I have a vast array of Gamsat materials to sell on Adverts.ie....still available

adverts.ie/5183535

They include;
    -Des O'Neill notes
    -Gradmed notes from full revision course - Biology, Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics, Written Communication
    -Gradmed notes from short revision course- Section 3, plus 5 practice papers for section 3
    -Acer Practice Test
    -Acer Sample Questions
    -Organic Chemistry as a Second Language - Klein
    -Chemistry Concepts and Problems - Houk and Post (some highlighting in the book)
    -AS and A Level Chemistry through Diagrams
    -MCAT - 101 passages in MCAT Verbal Reasoning (some marks)
    -Ozimed Practice Tests 1-10
    -Biology - Campbell and Reece- 7th edition
    -Organic Chemistry for Dummies (with workbook)

I am in Dublin and can deliver or meet up. Will sell everything for 250 ono- these materials have cost in excess of 750!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jimmyRotator

Hi Guys,

Im selling the following for €50:

Ferdinand Gold Standard Gamsat Book

4 Acer practice material booklets (red, green, blue and purple) clean.

Organic Chemistry as a Second Language - David klein

General Chemistry as a Second Language - David Klein

http://www.adverts.ie/school-college-books/gamsat-books-for-sle/6393585

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GerVet

Hi,

I'm sitting the GAMSATs in March and am looking for revision material.

Does anyone have the following for sale:
    - The full set of Gradmed notes with questions
    - Des O'Neill Science notes- General Biology, Human Biology, Physics, Physical Chemistry and Organic Chemistry
    -Examkrackers MCAT:
    • 1001 Q’s in Chemistry (Organic and Physical); Biology; Physics
    • 101 Passages in Verbal Reasoning (excellent for improving time management and getting used to reading large chunks of information)

Please let me know what you have and costs.

Thanks!
    Ger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Confused1987

Hello all,

Sat the GAMSAT last March for the first time after coming from a completely non-science background and non-science related job. Thankfully got it the first time and am now studying medicine! Over the four months of study I compiled a pretty comprehensive assortment of notes, books, practice papers and various other resources that I felt were helpful for some small parts of the exam (psychology books etc).

I have a list of the books and notes attached to this post and if you are interested please feel free to send me a message at any stage and we can discuss the price!

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Confused1987

Hi all,

Selling my notes which can be found at the below link:

http://www.adverts.ie/school-college-books/gamsat-notes-for-sale/6867507

Great extensive list of all the books and notes you could need for the exam, I used them with no science background at all and got into medicine first time! Notes and books for all sections of the exam, along with sample essays that I have had corrected professionally!

Feel free to send me a mail to discuss any of the books and the price.

Good luck!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Moved to the Gamset note for sale thread as per forum rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Ballet17

Hi everyone. Selling all the books, papers, notes I used for the gamsat and scored a 58 from a non science background. Open to offers and feel free to private mail if interested or have any questions, thanks and best of luck in the exam!

Boards won't let me include the link because I'm a new member but it's on adverts.ie/7261153
    ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gill88

SNIP

Include adverts.ie link please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Ballet17

Ballet17 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Selling all the books, papers, notes I used for the gamsat and scored a 58 from a non science background. Open to offers and feel free to private mail if interested or have any questions, thanks and best of luck in the exam!

Boards won't let me include the link because I'm a new member but it's on adverts.ie/7261153
    ☺️

Hey again everyone! updated my ad so the link is now adverts.ie/7288041 😄 thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jesenn

SNIP

please read rules- include adverts link/details or no post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 pickmeplease

Have a huge stack that needs getting rid of :) I know its expensive so give me a shout if anyones interested and I can set up an adverts page to sell them on

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mick_murphy

Here's my ad (can also be found on adverts):

€400 (obo)

Items for sale are:
    - Revise AS & A2 Biology, Chemistry, and Physics
    - Organic Chemistry I for Dummies
    - Des O'Neill's GAMSAT Preparation Courses (1500+ pages of notes)
    - ACER Preparation Materials
    - Griffith's GAMSAT review (PDF copy - emailed)

The above are materials I used to prep for my GAMSAT exam. All in very good condition.

The Des O'Neill material contains articles and notes to prepare for all three sections of the GAMSAT exam. Science sections cover science MCQs, general biology, physics, biochemistry, human biology, physical chemistry, and organic chemistry. There are also sections to cover humanities MCQs, writing better essays, and practice materials.

Available for collection in Dublin City or Phibsborough. Delivery is available but is probably not the cheapest due to weight. Open to (reasonable) offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Anyone selling a copy of the Gold Standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ellegill

Following for sale on adverts.ie - 80euro o.n.o

1 x Gold Standard
    1 x Griiffiths Gamsat Review
    4 x ACER practice/sample papers
    1 x Organic Chemistry for Dummies
    1 x AS/A2 Revise Physics

All in excellent condition

Collection in Kilmainham, Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kathryn15

Hi I have a Full set of gamsat notes available including
    Gradmed notes set
    GAMSAT gold standard
    Papers
    Revision books for organic chemistry, physics etc
    I also have PDFs of notes, questions and papers.

Link:
    Adverts.ie/school-college-books/gradmed-study/8426608

• Registered Users Posts: 1 belindapin12

ssss

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Oops_A_Daisy

Following for sale on Adverts.ie - PM if interested

The materials are as follows:

Gold Standard GAMSAT book
    Des O'Neill's notes for Section 3 (Biology, Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics)
    Gradmed notes from full revision course - Biology, Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics, Written Communication, x5 sample papers
    Green ACER GAMSAT Booklet (pdf)
    Blue ACER GAMSATBooklet
    Red ACER GAMSAT Booklet
    Purple ACER GAMSAT Booklet (pdf)
    Solutions for all x4 ACER GAMSAT Booklets (pdf)
    Griffith GAMSAT Review (pdf)
    MCAT - 101 passages in MCAT Verbal Reasoning
    Organic Chemistry I for Dummies
    Organic Chemistry I for Dummies Workbook
    Real World Physics - Leaving Cert Physics book
    MediRed GAMSAT Preparation Study Guide Book 1 and Book 2
    OZIMED Gamsat Practice Tests x5
    Essentials Unfolded Leaving Cert Physics Booklet
    Essentials Unfolded Leaving Cert Chemistry Booklet
    A.C. Grayling - The Meaning of Things
    How to pass the GAMSAT (pdf)
    100 Organic Chemistry Questions and Answers (pdf)
    100 Physical Chemistry Questions and Answers (pdf)
    100 Physics Questions and Answers (pdf)
    GAMSAT Biology Questions and Answers (pdf)
    Get into Medical School - 600 UKCAT Practice Questions

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Casper001

Mod Note

You can put the adverts.ie link in here, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

Hi Folks,
    I have the following for sale for €50:
    http://www.gumtree.ie/a-general/galway/gamsat-materials/1001415279600910781651609?activateStatus=pendingAdActivateSuccess

- Des O’Neils (Human Biology, Biochemistry, Physics, Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Multiple Questions ) 2005

- MediRed (set of two books) 3rd edition

- Medprep (set of p pdfs, covers all 3 sections)

- Kaplan ( Biology: Circulatory System, Digestive and Excretory, Endocrine, General Eukaryotic, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Molecular Genetics, Reproductive, Respiratory and Skin; Chemistry: Acids and Bases, Bonding, Electrochemistry, Electronic Structure and Periodic Table, Electronics, Kinetics, Stoichiometry; Physics: Electric Circuits, Electrostatics, Force and Motion, Sound, Wave, Energy and Work, Tests: Verbal reasoning 1-13, Full Length Test 1-10, 3 small tests for each subject) 2004

- Berkley Review (Biology 1, 2; General Chemistry 1,2; Organic Chemistry 1,2; Physics 1,2; Writing ; total of a 9 books) – no ed or pub date

- Griffiths Review 2011 and Peterson’s MCAT Success

- Essay: Naomi Klein “No Logo”; Bill Bryson “A Short Story of Nearly Everything”; Richard Dawkins “The Selfish Gene”; Kenneth Minoqu”A very short introduction to POLITICS” (decent help to get outstanding ideas for essay writing)

- Tests: Acers (Practical Test 1,2; Sample Questions, Practice Questions); Gold Standard Full Length Test 2012 ; Grad Med Full Length Test 2008; Ozimed (1-10); PrepGenie 1-3 Full Length Tests; MedPrep Full Length Test, MediRed Full Length Test; Gamsat Prognostic Paper

- Books: MCAT Biology, Organic Chemistry for Dummies II + workbook, AP Chemistry for Dummies, Biochemistry for Dummies,

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Casper001

Hey guys I'm selling a full set of Des O'Neill GAMSAT Notes. I can't post the link to adverts.ie because I am a new user so PM me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 garnish82

I'm selling a large collection of GAMSAT material as one lot: Please let me know if interested. I'm open to offers. The material cost me 500 euro two years ago. Many thanks.
    4 ACER tests
    Examkrackers 101 Passages in MCAT Verbal Reasoning
    Griffith GAMSAT Review
    The meaning of things: Applying philosophy to life. Prof Grayling.
    Ideas that matter. A personal guide to the 21st Century. Prof Grayling.
    Written Communication for GAMSAT: A step by step approach. Eira Makepeace.
    Letts Revise AS and A2 Socioloogy. Steve Chapman.
    Kaplan MCAT Verbal Reasoning and Writing, Kaplan.
    The GOLD STANDARD GAMSAT Preparation with Online Card (UK, Ireland), Dr Brett Ferdinand.
    All Dummy Books - Biology, Chemistry, Org Chem I and II and organic chemistry workbook, Physics I and II - they are written in a very clear way, particularly recommended for all non-Science candidates

Gradmed Course Books -Physics-Biology-Organic Chemistry-Physical Chemistry-Mathematics for Science-GAMSAT Section II (Written Communication)-Simulated GAMSAT question papers Section I (Reasoning in Humanities & Social Sciences)-Simulated GAMSAT question papers Section III (Reasoning in Biological & Physical Sciences)

Des O'Neill's GAMSAT Preparation Course - a really good course, though quite in depth. -Human Biology-Biochem-Organic Chem-Physical Chem-Physics-Simulated GAMSAT questions papers Section III

Ozimed - good for practicing, especially if you are only starting to prepare for the exam. It is slightly easier than the GRADMED course-5 Simulated GAMSAT tests (Full-length, containing sections I,II,III)

MediRed:-Excellent book on Sections I&II-Section III book (Physics, Chem, Bio)-Mathematics for GAMSAT-Sample questions

on adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Baxtrax

garnish82 wrote: »
    I'm selling a large collection of GAMSAT material as one lot: Please let me know if interested. I'm open to offers. The material cost me 500 euro two years ago. Many thanks.
    4 ACER tests
    Griffith GAMSAT Review
    The GOLD STANDARD GAMSAT Preparation with Online Card (UK, Ireland), Dr Brett Ferdinand.
    All Dummy Books - Biology, Chemistry, Org Chem I and II and organic chemistry workbook, Physics I and II - they are written in a very clear way, particularly recommended for all non-Science candidates

Gradmed Course Books -Physics-Biology-Organic Chemistry-Physical Chemistry-Mathematics for Science-GAMSAT Section II (Written Communication)-Simulated GAMSAT question papers Section I (Reasoning in Humanities & Social Sciences)-Simulated GAMSAT question papers Section III (Reasoning in Biological & Physical Sciences)

Des O'Neill's GAMSAT Preparation Course - a really good course, though quite in depth. -Human Biology-Biochem-Organic Chem-Physical Chem-Physics-Simulated GAMSAT questions papers Section III

Ozimed - good for practicing, especially if you are only starting to prepare for the exam. It is slightly easier than the GRADMED course-5 Simulated GAMSAT tests (Full-length, containing sections I,II,III)

MediRed:-Excellent book on Sections I&II-Section III book (Physics, Chem, Bio)-Mathematics for GAMSAT-Sample questions

on adverts.ie

Still available??

• Registered Users Posts: 18 tatatata85

Hi all!

I'll give away for free AS and A2 revision books (chem, physics and bio). Don't really use it, to be honest, as I prefer khanacademy videos and revision in tables. In Cork only, collection from Blackpool only. PM me if you are interested

Good luck, just 1 month to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭azure

I'm looking for just science material- Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Physics. I am a from a non-science background so the books need to be easy to follow and learn. I have Kaplans but that is not suitable for beginners. Also the books need to be in hardback not PDF.

PM me and we can negotiate the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

I'm selling a few bits for GAMSAT- I was non science background and it was good enough help to get me a good score on my first go.

Physics for Dummies
    Organic Chemistry for Dummies
    Organic Chemistry Workbook for Dummies
    Examkrackers 1001 questions in MCAT Organic Chemistry, Chemistry, and Physics (3 books)
    Examkrackers MCAT Biology

All these for €50, collection from UCD preferred. I'll throw in a paper copy of the GAMSAT practice test 2 as well. PM me if you're interested.

I'm selling a large collection of GAMSAT material as one lot: Please let me know if interested. I have received an offer to study medicine in the UK so no longer require the material. I'm open to reasonable offers. Many thanks.
    4 ACER tests
    Griffith GAMSAT Review

material now sold
    garnish82 wrote: »
    I'm selling a large collection of GAMSAT material as one lot: Please let me know if interested. I have received an offer to study medicine in the UK so no longer require the material. I'm open to reasonable offers. Many thanks.
    4 ACER tests
    Griffith GAMSAT Review

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 mick_murphy

- Des O'Neill's GAMSAT Preparation Courses (1500+ pages of notes)
    - ACER Preparation Materials

Available for collection in Phibsboro.

Advertisement