Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tinder weight filter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Honestly, there is a lot to be said for celibacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

spodoinkle wrote: »
    Ive a mate living in Dublin riding different yokes from Tinder every night
    armaghlad wrote: »
    I have on my tinder bio saying no to the following:
    Big units
    Yokes means things or a slang term for ecstasy tablets.
    Units means apartments, offices, storage facilities... why would they be on Tinder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Units means apartments, offices, storage facilities... why would they be on Tinder?

Gimme a pound means you want your arse ridden.... perhaps tinder is exactly what you need!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

They say the ones who talk most about sex are the ones not getting any.

I'm going to have to say the opposite must be true too. You wouldn't say that if you weren't getting any.

Celibacy sucks..trust me

Collie D wrote: »
    They say the ones who talk most about sex are the ones not getting any.

I'm going to have to say the opposite must be true too. You wouldn't say that if you weren't getting any.

Celibacy sucks..trust me
    Not if someone is asexual or has a low sex drive. Or if masturbation/sex toys are sufficient for their needs. More likely to be women than men I've no doubt though.

Lack of sex does appear to be more damaging to men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Years ago I went on an internet date and found the girl to be way heavier than her pictures indicated. Had been nervous going because I thought I was playing near the top of my league.

Really couldn’t understand why she put up those pics, she was going to be rumbled as soon as anyone met her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

A big unit is the same as a big yoke. Your slang is not universal ye know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Jaysus , haven't seen you in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Nothing stopping the OP putting up "no chubbies" same as female users say "no shorties"
    I love how women can get away with saying no one under 6 ft and there's no uproar but god forbid if a man mentions a womans appearance

armaghlad wrote: »
    A big unit is the same as a big yoke. Your slang is not universal ye know.
    Why call women either? It's just that that bravado from grown men is unnecessary. Women don't refer to men as things.
    I love how women can get away with saying no one under 6 ft and there's no uproar but god forbid if a man mentions a womans appearance
    Don't think that's the case on this thread though. Personally I cringe at women doing that too. Really lets the side down. If a man isn't attracted to overweight women, that's just his involuntary preference, which there is nothing wrong with. I don't care if he even puts it in his profile, because weight can be lost.

Whereas women who say 6ft only are discriminating based on something a man can't control. And they're ruling out lots of great guys who are maybe 5ft 9 or 10. But I doubt any well adjusted guy would want to get involved with a woman who puts that stupid specification on her profile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

But they can't get away with it, theres a thread of people here and in other parts of boards giving out about women who do just that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Whereas women who say 6ft only are discriminating based on something a man can't control. And they're ruling out lots of great guys who are maybe 5ft 9 or 10. But I doubt any well adjusted guy would want to get involved with a woman who puts that stupid specification on her profile.

You're not happy are you ?

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

But they can't get away with it, theres a thread of people here and in other parts of boards giving out about women who do just that

They get away with it a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Patww79 wrote: »
    They get away with it a lot easier.

I'm not so sure. I think if a woman started a thread about a bunch of shortarses messaging her she'd be annihilated as some up her own hole bint.

Everyone has something they find attractive or unattractive. There's nothing wrong with that. But advertising it kind of seems a bit needless and/or narcissistic.

Although saying that..even as a bit of a shortie myself I don't particularly have a problem with men or women wanting certain heights...some of it is purely down to logistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Tell us great sorceress. We have come from far and wide. What do you foreshadow?
    the shorter and fatter sorts will lie.

IntoTheWoods-Meryl-Streep-image.jpg

gctest50 wrote: »
    You're not happy are you ?

:p
    I'm a wimmenz :) I just mean I dislike when fellow women do stuff to let the side down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

People would only lie about their weight anyway. The amount of "6 foot" guys I used to meet on tinder that were more like 5"7 was astounding.

I dated online in the past, I'm 177cm, or 178/ 5,10 in shoes easily,

I wouldnt go putting in 5'9.5 down, met a girl online that said she was 5'7" she was from the continent, dont think she could calculate metric to imperial, she was more like 5'11" and I could tell she was a bit put out, didnt suit me but the error was hers, we agreed to go our ways rather than sit through the awkwardness, but I made it clear to her it wasnt like I said I was 6".
    I can see why the OP is put out, I wouldnt be interested in dating someone that isnt at least average weight, Im not in model cover shape myself,could do with losing a few kgs but being overweight to me means you cant stop stuffing the buns into your cake hole, exercising recently and doing the calculations, I know its difficult to shed a small amount of weight as the kcals dont burn off easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Years ago I went on an internet date and found the girl to be way heavier than her pictures indicated. Had been nervous going because I thought I was playing near the top of my league.

Really couldn’t understand why she put up those pics, she was going to be rumbled as soon as anyone met her.

Rumbled when she walked did she?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,319 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I mean personal preference and all that but can you not just use your eyes?

People are attracted to who they’re attracted to anyway. Some people don’t like heavier folks and some people won’t bother with short-arses, just something you have to take on the chin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Jaysus , haven't seen you in years.

Am still hanging in there baby!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I went on a date with a girl before and she was so heavy in real life that I didn't recognise her, she had to approach me and be like "Hi, it's me".

In her photos she looked like a pretty standard size 12 at best, and they were full body shots so not just flattering angles.

In person she was I would say size 20? Big is an understatement. I honestly did not recognise her, and even when I realised it was her, I still couldn't marry this person in front of me with the profile, at all.

Still went on the date and had a good time because she was good fun, but yeah, I just don't get what people hope to achieve by such wanton deceit, I would imagine not everyone would be as polite about it.

Reminds me of a female friend who went on a date with a guy, in his photos he just looked like an average decent guy, but when she met him, he was pretty fat...and bald.

"Oh yeah, haha, that was me 10 years ago...."

Why bother? What's to be gained?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Dammit Phyllis!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

More weight, as she comfort eats after suffering yet another rejection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

the fat ones apperciate it more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

The only thing I can think is that it gives them more options when they're swiping, more seemingly interested men, and then maybe they might win them over with their radiant personality when they meet in person. A sort of self-deception too.

I can't imagine the anxiety of waiting to meet a stranger off the internet knowing you look nothing like your profile pics. It's hard enough as it is with the wondering if ye'll get on, will we have to suffer through awkward conversation etc - but imagine adding to that the fact that there's been some blatant false advertising and he's signed up for another person than who you actually are?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

There's a new dating app that only allows you to match with people of other ethnicities, because if you're a white man and you're only attracted to white women, well that's racist apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I was on another dating site about 10 years ago and you can describe your body shape as "Average", "A few extra pounds" etc. The problem was, when a lady says a few extra pounds she could be in fantastic shape. Then you get morbidly obese women saying "A few extra pounds"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭Raichu

There's a new dating app that only allows you to match with people of other ethnicities, because if you're a white man and you're only attracted to white women, well that's racist apparently.

Does that mean travellers can find each other easier? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭PapaOscar

FFS, is there people that actually think that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

doylefe wrote: »
    Why doesn't tinder have a weight filter? I should be able to choose to only appear to non fat girls.

Most of the likes I get are from fat ones. The gall of them. I'm in good shape. Why would they think I'm interested in an over weight person?

I presume they make no assumptions about you at all, not knowing you personally.

Advertisement