Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Wildcard needed?

Pope/Heaton

VVD, Robertson, Lundstram, Ake, Guilbert

Salah, Martial, Cabellos, KDB, Perez

Kane, King, Greenwood

Definitely not

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Wildcard needed?

Pope/Heaton

VVD, Robertson, Lundstram, Ake, Guilbert

Salah, Martial, Cabellos, KDB, Perez

Kane, King, Greenwood

I wouldn’t think so. Transfer out one of VVD/Robbo for a city defender or Digne and you’re gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Any thoughts on this - toying around with going for a big midfield

Pope / Ryan

Coleman / Wan-Bissaka / Suyuncu / Lundstram / 4.5m TBC

Mané / de Bruyne / Martial / Sterling / Son

Jota / Wesley / Greenwood

The defence and Wesley is TBC but I like the look of it. I don't feel like i'd be giving up too much in defence for a midfield that I really like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

AWB or Zinchencko (if fit)?

What are peoples thoughts if on a WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Played it, here is first draft:

Pope

Laporte Digne Emerson Soyuncu Lundstrum

Sterling Mane KDB McGinn Cantwell

Kane Barnes Greenwood

Pope

Laporte Digne Soyuncu Lundstrum Kelly

Sterling KDB Mane McGinn Mount

Kane Barnes Greenwood

A slight tweak to get Mount in a 5 man midfield instead of Emerson in the backline.

Will be looking at Jota tonight as a possible replacement for Barnes as he has 2 tough games coming up next and maybe AWB/Maguire or Martial will propel themselves into consideration tonight.

• Advertisement

Any thoughts on this - toying around with going for a big midfield

Pope / Ryan

Coleman / Wan-Bissaka / Suyuncu / Lundstram / 4.5m TBC

Mané / de Bruyne / Martial / Sterling / Son

Jota / Wesley

The defence and Wesley is TBC but I like the look of it. I don't feel like i'd be giving up too much in defence for a midfield that I really like.

Who is your other attacker?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Green&Red wrote: »
    Who is your other attacker?

Apologies, it would be Greenwood or some other 4.5m scrub who can act as a 3rd sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭macraignil

kennyb3 wrote: »
    AWB or Zinchencko (if fit)?

What are peoples thoughts if on a WC.

On wildcard myself and have switched from Zinchenko to Wan Bissaka in the current team. Might switch back if United concede this evening as Zinchenko is not flagged as being injured. Zinchenko is also more a rotation liability so currently thinking Wan Bissaka is the better option.

Now on:

Ederson(Button)
    Wan Bissaka, Digne, Dunk, Pieters, Lundstram
    Mane, Sterling, Martial, Ceballos, Dendoncker
    Kane, Barnes, Pukki

with .3mill in the bank. Hoping Digne knock is not very serious and will make decision on Martial and Wan Bissaka after this evenings game. Much lighter on defense than previous team but the premium defenders I had were not performing. Any suggested changes appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’ve decided to not WC.

Dont think there is too much advantage by WC now. A wild card play should be a swing in points & at this point it feels like far too many unknowns & jumping the gun moves

Despite having called him a trap last week I’ve completely rejigged to get Martial in

M-Niles is there as a placeholder, could be Boly

Pope/McGovern
    M-Niles/KWP/Dunk/Lundstrum/Soyuncu
    Mane/KDB/Sterling/Martial/Ceballos
    Pukki/Kane/Wickham

• Advertisement

Pope

Laporte Digne Soyuncu Lundstrum Kelly

Sterling KDB Mane McGinn Mount

Kane Barnes Greenwood

A slight tweak to get Mount in a 5 man midfield instead of Emerson in the backline.

Will be looking at Jota tonight as a possible replacement for Barnes as he has 2 tough games coming up next and maybe AWB/Maguire or Martial will propel themselves into consideration tonight.

Anyone gonna try squeeze Martial in?

Anyone gonna try squeeze Martial in?

Laporte and Digne make way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Posted this in the GW3 transfer thread until I seen there was a WC one.

Wildcard active. Currently running a team without Liverpool cover as I feel there is almost just as good options for lower the price and although it feels strange going without Salah/Mane for the foreseeable, I don't see where I'll be captaining either given City's fixtures (until say, GW.

I also really want to fit in De Bruyne & Rashford, and I believe the price point of Martial, Mount, and Ceballos are too good to pass up a midfield slot.

Does this strategy sound crazy? Granted I'll probably cave as the thought of No Salah terrifies me. Currently running with:

GK: Adrian (Button)
    DF: Wan Bissaka, Zinchenko, Walkers-Peters (Soyuncu, Lundstram)
    MD: Sterling, De Bruyne, Martial, Mount (Ceballos)
    FD: Kane, Rashford, Pukki

Might switch out Adrian for someone else as he's a substitute waiting to happen.

Wildcard active. Currently running a team without Liverpool cover as I feel there is almost just as good options for lower the price and although it feels strange going without Salah/Mane for the foreseeable, I don't see where I'll be captaining either given City's fixtures (until say, GW.

I also really want to fit in De Bruyne & Rashford, and I believe the price point of Martial, Mount, and Ceballos are too good to pass up a midfield slot.

Does this strategy sound crazy? Granted I'll probably cave as the thought of No Salah terrifies me. Currently running with:

Might switch out Adrian for someone else as he's a substitute waiting to happen.

Nothing wrong with the Adrian pick. Yes it’s a transfer but it’s Liverpool defensive cover for a couple of games. You have 8 playable attackers so might not need a transfer 1 of the GW’s.

Personally I’d be getting him or Henderson (SHU)

Green&Red wrote: »
    Laporte and Digne make way?

Barnes and Laporte make way and I go 4-5-1 with 0.5 ITB. My thinking would be then to look at Mount and Martial over next 2 and decide if they should be downgraded of not with money used for upgrade Zinchenko to Laporte.

Pope

Zinchenko Digne Soyunku Montoya Lundstrum

Sterling Mane KDB Martial Mount

Kane Greenwood Wickham

Barnes and Laporte make way and I go 4-5-1 with 0.5 ITB. My thinking would be then to look at Mount and Martial over next 2 and decide if they should be downgraded of not with money used for upgrade Zinchenko to Laporte.

Pope

Zinchenko Digne Soyunku Montoya Lundstrum

Sterling Mane KDB Martial Mount

Kane Greenwood Wickham

The 1 striker doesn’t just sit well with me. It’s 2 transfers or more to get a striker who hits form.

Is Mount more valuable then Pukki,King, Barnes etc... I’m not so sure

I’d go with a Utd defender over Zinchenko.

All said though I like the midfielder 4 & striker

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hit the button after initially deciding not to. Too many players I want rising and too many of current squad dropping. Would have played it in a couple of weeks anyway so makes sense doing it a bit earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I think you need Salah or Mane tbh and then to make a call on Sterling or KDB + money. Personally I'd sit and monitor KDB, he was excellent in the Community Shield and vs Spurs but I think a big factor was having the less direct Bilva ahead of him in both games. Throw in Mahrez or Jesus ahead of Bilva and I think they take some of KDBs attacking away.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

lads, i'd really caution against playing the WC now. I see it every year, a scramble to get the early starters on a WC in weeks 2/3 only for those players to have shot their load by weeks 7/8 when the true season keepers have emerged.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭dahat

As a Utd fan I don't get why people are doubling up in attack, surely Martial is the call there.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    As a Utd fan I don't get why people are doubling up in attack, surely Martial is the call there.

Two penos is two games. Rashford will be on them, exclusively, until he misses.

That and the fact he is quite trigger happy anyway. Untied look good attacking too.

You’d imagine those two will have a very high combined goal involvement percentage for all the goals United will score.

Two very good options for only 16m.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

As a fellow fan, our potential...less than positive outlook after recent years... may be clouding that.

Rashford is 8.6, the third highest scorer in the game over 2 weeks and there's a high likelihood imo that he'll be given penalties(for a team that gets lots of them). Added to that, I think most of United's goals will/have to come from either Rashford or Martial. Very little attacking competition from James, Mata, Lingard etc etc.

I hadn't really considered him until I questioned your post.

Edit: What Klopp said.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Both good points above and quite likely I'm confusing fan & fpl views.

I think it makes sense if you're on wildcard. Good fixtures, in form and make some money. Easy to downgrade later if his performances decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

klopparama wrote: »
    Two penos is two games. Rashford will be on them, exclusively, until he misses.

That and the fact he is quite trigger happy anyway. Untied look good attacking too.

You’d imagine those two will have a very high combined goal involvement percentage for all the goals United will score.

Two very good options for only 16m.

I only saw the second half last night but they didnt create anything bar the penalty.

Agree with the other points though

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    lads, i'd really caution against playing the WC now. I see it every year, a scramble to get the early starters on a WC in weeks 2/3 only for those players to have shot their load by weeks 7/8 when the true season keepers have emerged.

There's no right or wrong time to play it imo, it's depends on each individual squad. I played it after gameweek 2 last season and had my third best finish ever. There's very few players that will turn out to be season keepers, it's about getting on the right players at the right times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

There's no right or wrong time to play it imo, it's depends on each individual squad. I played it after gameweek 2 last season and had my third best finish ever. There's very few players that will turn out to be season keepers, it's about getting on the right players at the right times.

..and if you play it early you likely have another .6 in the bank to play with when the season keepers emerge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

PARlance wrote:
    I think you need Salah or Mane tbh and then to make a call on Sterling or KDB + money. Personally I'd sit and monitor KDB, he was excellent in the Community Shield and vs Spurs but I think a big factor was having the less direct Bilva ahead of him in both games. Throw in Mahrez or Jesus ahead of Bilva and I think they take some of KDBs attacking away.
    Thanks for the tip. Has this been done much? Wouldn't you imagine though, that the likes of Mahrez would be taking up Sane's position who's injured? Granted I know no-one is safe from the Pep wheel/formation clusterf.
    naughtb4 wrote: »
    I only saw the second half last night but they didnt create anything bar the penalty.
    They were away to Wolves - a team that have 11 in the box and then counter attack. Rashford should have taken the penalty, or should from now on you'd imagine. A goal, assist, and 3 bonus was on the cards there in one of the toughest fixtures of the season. And an OOP Martial is incredible value. For their price point and the fact that a large chunk of United's goals will come from them two, has them down as a no-brainer for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Not playing my wildcard yet and after a stinker of a week, I really, really hope the initial big Liverpool trio (Robertson, TAA, Salah) have the season we were expecting them to have.

From the teams on this thread they're all starting to look like differentials!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Would you wildcard this lot or persist?

Ryan Pope
    Digne taa dunk Zouma targett
    Salah siggy martial bilva mcginn
    Kane King greenwood
    eh i dunno wrote: »
    Looks alright but not delivering the points unfortunately. Had a bad start last season and same again this year

You just needed Sterling in there to have had a very good start. Definitely no hard need to wildcard imo.

Advertisement