Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Expert Electrical 10% Discount Code

• 31-01-2018 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi All,

Got this from Vodafone today, 10% discount code on purchases over €100 valid for 2 weeks in Expert Electrical online.

Code: vodaFF18
    http://www.expert.ie

Cheers

JP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Wow even works on Apple products. Surprised at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Hogzy wrote: »
    Wow even works on Apple products. Surprised at that.

Are they 10 % more expensive before you added it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Kuva wrote: »
    Are they 10 % more expensive before you added it?

Same price as the apple website.

Looked at 1 TV and with the 10% discount it works out the same as Richersounds. Not bad for a B&M store south of the border

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Sweet... it works on TV's as well. Cracking deals on the Sammy 55" MU7 for €900.

Thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Hogzy wrote: »
    Same price as the apple website.

Looked at 1 TV and with the 10% discount it works out the same as Richersounds. Not bad for a B&M store south of the border

Does it come with a 6 year guarantee? I just priced a TV I have my eye on and it's €130 cheaper in Richersounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Sweet... it works on TV's as well. Cracking deals on the Sammy 55" MU7 for €900.

Thanks op.

I paid 900 for it at Xmas from Power City...

Thanks op.

~ €832 (+€4 DPD Parcel Wizard) for it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭philboy

The WINTER50 code which gives you an extra £50 off is unfortunately expired. :mad:

For the saving of €64 on a €900 item, I'd rather buy it in a b+m store for return and warranty purposes. I have had to return TV's on about 4 occasions over the years.

For the saving of €64 on a €900 item, I'd rather buy it in a b+m store for return and warranty purposes. I have had to return TV's on about 4 occasions over the years.

By that logic you should never buy a laptop from Amazon. I've had to return expensive items to UK bought stores many times with no issues, including a TV.

But I understand your point. Each to their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Do you buy a lot of tellys or are you just very unlucky - I don't think I even know anyone who's ever had a problem with one!:eek:

Surely your warranty is not effected by purchasing online anyway? Once you're buying from a reputable store anyway, if you're buying from warehouse x in shanghai you pretty much just take your chances!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Expert are a very reputable collection of independent stores operating under the same umbrella. Great one here in Wexford and very reliable for returns etc.

Double post...

Do you buy a lot of tellys or are you just very unlucky - I don't think I even know anyone who's ever had a problem with one!:eek:

Surely your warranty is not effected by purchasing online anyway? Once you're buying from a reputable store anyway, if you're buying from warehouse x in shanghai you pretty much just take your chances!

I've been buying tellys for a long time.

If your happy to invest in a tv and then discover that there is an issue, and then have to send it back, and then wait for a refund, and then buy another tv and hope that one goes well... good luck to you.

For about an 8% saving, I'd buy it in a local store and have any issues related sorted immediately, that's just me though. I do buy heaps of electronics off the net, but not a 55" TV that I can buy local for a few % more and return in the car asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭LizardKing

My dad bought a TV on Friday (€50 discount using code thanks OP) and chose the collect from store option.

TV was delivered to his house today :confused:

No extra charge or anything , just weird that they would provide option to collect from store and then just ship it to the customers address.

Anyways. I'll be setting up a TV tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

LizardKing wrote: »
    My dad bought a TV on Friday (€50 discount using code thanks OP) and chose the collect from store option.

TV was delivered to his house today :confused:

No extra charge or anything , just weird that they would provide option to collect from store and then just ship it to the customers address.

Anyways. I'll be setting up a TV tonight :)

Same happened to me. Selected "in store", but there was no option to select the Store.
    Hopefully they will send it to the home address.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Thx OP, saved EUR 25 on a Dyson

Advertisement