Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Follow thread" default email selection

• 12-08-2014 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭

Hi,

When you click "Follow Thread" is there a way to change the default action. In effect I'd like for it to simply follow without email -
    but I have to click "Follow Thread", then "no email notifications" then "Follow Thread".

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Hey.

Any update to this? I see the default has not been altered.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

What happens if you change your sub mode for when you post in a thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

Messaging & Notification -> Default Thread Subscription Mode

Set it to "No email notification" and see if it changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Thanks for the reply Steve.
    It is and has been for as far as I can remember set to No email notification.
    I guess the intention is that these should be linked with the Follow thread default options?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Having looked at it again, It's the same for me. Hopefully the devs can put it on the 'list' :)

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement