Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butchers who do offal and cheaper cuts

• 07-06-2019 7:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Looking for butchers who do offal and cheaper cuts in Dublin, or mutton- in the shop, not delivered online. FX Buckley's is great but are there any others?

I tried asking a few different local butchers if they would order any for me and there was a flat "no" from the lot of them. They wouldn't so much as order a pork shoulder for a party- fair enough, it doesn't make sense to them from a time-cost perspective. So I would like to find a butcher that stocks this stuff already.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,381 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Not sure about offal, but O 'Mahony Meats would usually have things like pork shoulder.
    I know they've a retail shop in Malahide Road Industrial Park.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

There are two butchers in Meath st Dublin 8 who sell
    And impressive range of offal and rarely used cheaper
    Cuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Bradys in Fairview will do it but you might need to give him a couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Village Butcher in Ranelagh & Firhouse can get you anything you want, you can order via email and then pick up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

There's two butchers on Moore street that sell offal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭machaseh

I see loads of offal and lesser known cuts in the chinese and indian supermarkets in Dublin city center. But you might have a bit of a language barrier in the Chinese supermarket !

Advertisement