Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Pines Rathfarnham

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dkiernan9

See (SDCC Reg. . Ref. SD10A/0041; (ABP Ref. PL06.237857) - Ardstone applied to amend this under SD17A/0359. The condition in relation to a retail unit is still applicable. No houses can be occupied on the south site until the creche and retail until is complete. I live in Stocking Wood so been keeping a close eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dubgal18

Does anyone know what type of retail unit it’ll be? E.g Aldi or something like the Woodstown shops? Thanks

Doesn't say. An Bord Pleanala decision states "No dwelling in Precinct 3 shall be occupied until crèche facilities and a retail unit have been provided in the development. These facilities may be for a temporary period of time and may utilise a residential plot, subject to planning permission, until the neighbour centre to be provided for the development has been constructed."

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

From the very original plans filed in the mid-2000s, the plan was a "neighbourhood centre", including office space, shops and a creche. So very much like the Woodstown shops.

The most recent plan for this areas is here: http://www.sdublincoco.ie/Planning/Details?regref=SD07A/0628

As far I can tell, this was bundled into a new ten-year application in 2009.

This application required that the community centre/facilities must be fully completed before the houses on the south east of the site could be occupied.

Anyone moved in yet? Still looks unoccupied four months after the first phase was launched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I've heard snagging Sept for moving in Oct

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

Has anyone bought a house up here was looking at the weekend still a good few on sale at the moment?

Any mention of the shops to be built when you were there over the weekend?

dkiernan9 wrote: »
    Any mention of the shops to be built when you were there over the weekend?

Yeah they have laid the foundations across the road from talking to them it looks like 8 retail units are going in and they hope to have them complete by early next year

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

Good to hear that. The area badly needs something other than more housing. Crazy that they approach is to build a sh*t load of houses and not have to put in shops, creches etc at a minimum.

The amount of people living up there now is insane compared to a few years back and the only addition in terms of facilities is the Lidl. Could use a proper village around Stocking Wood area. Not to mention that Ballycullen Green and White Pines are not even populated yet so over the coming months, there's be another few hundred cars on those already cramped roads and the existing facilities (basically Lidl and Woodstown shops) will be under more pressure.

There's still a few fields on the right as you drive up the hill towards Lidl - I wonder when they will be developed.

And for such a populated area, the lack of public transport is unbelievable. I think they've put in a (future) bus stop area outside Ballycullen Green (new estate) so assuming the 15 will go down that way and add another leg onto its already silly route.

• Advertisement

Note sure if they are telling the truth about that. There has been no planning application lodged for the shops (previous grant has long since expired). Only planning granted for more houses over there at the moment. Looks like all ground works completed on the site to date relate to houses.

@ steamsev: not sure what is wrong with the 15 route. It goes directly into town. Maybe you mean the 15b??

Yes meant 15b - very frustrating bus to use.

I really hope those groundworks are not just for more houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

steamsey wrote: »
    Yes meant 15b - very frustrating bus to use.

I really hope those groundworks are not just for more houses.

The 15b will be gone soon with the new bus networks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I think they've put in a (future) bus stop area outside Ballycullen Green (new estate) so assuming the 15 will go down that way and add another leg onto its already silly route.

Those bus stops were already there, they had to move one for the entrance to Ballycullen green.

15/15b can't go down that far because there is nowhere to turn*, that's why they terminate at Dalriada. There was talk about extending the loop if/when the ring road to bohernabreena is completed... but that's years away.

* safely turn, some buses have 'tested' turning in the mouth of the Lidl junction but that's not a solution.

Note sure if they are telling the truth about that. There has been no planning application lodged for the shops (previous grant has long since expired). Only planning granted for more houses over there at the moment. Looks like all ground works completed on the site to date relate to houses.

Could be a bunch of lies also you can see they have started to build in that area but no idea what they are building yet, the sales agent did say 100% that shops will be going in there but again could be just a sales pitch.

We are interested in the houses but still some uncertainty around traffic and other stuff really its hard to know as they are nice houses and does look a nice little area.

Great area. We moved into Stocking Wood 3 years ago and really enjoy it. Hopefully the shops will go in but not too bad as Lidl and Spar just up the road.

It is a good area. Traffic is crap, but is there anywhere in Dublin without a traffic problem?

Woodstown shops are extemely handy - Spar, pharmacy, offy, creche and a standard horrible take away! Lidl is also a gift. Supervalu in Knocklyon is very close, but again the traffic can make it seem miles away. I'm not in the car much around the area but when I am, I wish I wasn't.

Question for anyone who knows the area well - is there a route to walking up to the Hellfire through fields from Ballycullen Green area / Old Court Lane? How do you get to Carthy's castle ruins?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

Question for anyone who knows the area well - is there a route to walking up to the Hellfire through fields from Ballycullen Green area / Old Court Lane? How do you get to Carthy's castle ruins?

No I don’t think there is, that land is all privately owned. You can walk the road up but it’s a bit dicey.

Cheers - I know the road well and would never walk on it. See people on it all the time - can't be fun. I rarely even cycle on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Yes there is a direct ascent but its through private land and the landowner isnt best pleased when people scale his gates and try it.

Carthys Castle is also on private land - not sure if that landowner minds people going to it.

• Advertisement

Yeah I know where the gate is that'd you'd jump to get to the Castle ruins and on up to the Hellfire but didn't want to trespass. I'll find a way to ask the landowner

Anyone up there over the last few weekends? Any word on a shop. Emailed Ardstone directly and they said that they are hoping to lodge a planning application before the end of the year with a view to have shops open towards the end of 2019.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Anyone up there over the last few weekends? Any word on a shop. Emailed Ardstone directly and they said that they are hoping to lodge a planning application before the end of the year with a view to have shops open towards the end of 2019.

Yeah, heard the same in 2005 - shop was supposed to be open by end of 2006.

Believe nothing til you see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Not to mention that Ballycullen Green and White Pines are not even populated yet so over the coming months, there's be another few hundred cars on those already cramped roads and the existing facilities (basically Lidl and Woodstown shops) will be under more pressure.

And another 350 units to go into Dodderbrook before it's finished, don't forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

Dial Hard wrote: »
    And another 350 units to go into Dodderbrook before it's finished, don't forget.

Also Corgraves land was sold on Schloarstown road so we're looking at more houses there adding to the congestion up to the M50 and school.

No word on the plans as of yet, think they've only done some drilling for testing but they could get a fair amount of houses on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SELJK

Does anyone know if the creche has been built? Or if any chains have purchased it?

Not built yet. Not even started as far as I can see.

Anyone heard anything about a shop yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

No shops or anything like that but apparently planning permission is granted for 40 social units between White Pines and the halting site. It's out to tender now. There's uproar on facebook about it saying infrastructure needs to be improved before more houses go in.

• Advertisement

No planning yet for social housing. It has been put out for public consultation

Advertisement