Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Very mild

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

21C forecast tomorrow over here in London, I'm all for a bit of snow through the winter but the longer we can hold onto summer the better, not too often you can wear a t shirt at Halloween!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Didn't we have a really mild Oct in 2010 ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

cycled in to work today at about 08:30, mild as feck, perfect weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Just back from the shops, had to take my hoodie off with the heat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

16 degrees all day tomorrow last day October

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Got up to 17.4C here in Tralee today ( overnight low of just 14.3C )

Currently 15.5C

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

According to Trogdors Bray Station, Todays High in Bray was 18.5ºC with it currently standing at 16.2ºC as of 22.30pm. All Hail the Fohn! Cant believe that I'll need to use my bedside fan to sleep tonight on Oct 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

17.2ºC here in greystones, unbelievable. In bed early and can't sleep with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Max today of 16.9C in Galway city, currently 15.0C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭billie1b

Anyone know the current temperature in Clonee, Co Meath?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭ Vincent Young Telecommunications

cotton wrote: »
    17.2ºC here in greystones, unbelievable. In bed early and can't sleep with it.

Lighter bed clothes? Or none at all.

billie1b wrote: »
    Anyone know the current temperature in Clonee, Co Meath?

no. Why ?

You there and it feels hot and wondering the temp or not there and just enquiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭billie1b

no. Why ?

You there and it feels hot and wondering the temp or not there and just enquiring.

Just enquiring thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Last nights low here was 14.9c,there better be some serious payback this winter for all this stuipid warmth we are getting. Anyway at least something more normal in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭pauldry

was 15.5c in sligo when i got up at 6am this morning with the kids

now its 13.7c

Billcarson wrote: »
    Last nights low here was 14.9c,there better be some serious payback this winter for all this stuipid warmth we are getting. Anyway at least something more normal in the coming days.

would you prefer to have a cold wind in your face and more heating on etc ?

would you prefer to have a cold wind in your face and more heating on etc ?

YES!!!!! I like the weather to be seasonal and anyway in all fairness its been a warm year overall in fact very warm overall since july 2013. I think this weather is vile for the time of year. This mild muck may cost less on heating bills but i would still rather my seasonal weather.

YES!!!!! I like the weather to be seasonal and anyway in all fairness its been a warm year overall in fact very warm overall since july 2013. I think this weather is vile for the time of year. It may cost less on heating bills but i still like my seasonal weather.

fair enough, each to their own I suppose

id prefer the weather we have now to biting cold winds and rain and misery and heating bills and colds and sleet and snow etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

18 degrees in Dublin at 11am on the last day before November.

The highest temperature ever recorded in Ireland in November is 20 degrees by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

YES!!!!! I like the weather to be seasonal and anyway in all fairness its been a warm year overall in fact very warm overall since july 2013. I think this weather is vile for the time of year. This mild muck may cost less on heating bills but i would still rather my seasonal weather.
    don't panic, keep cool (sorry)
    The latest 20c ever recorded in Ireland (and a November record obviously) was on this day. I think the following winter turned out to be quite snowy?
    18.3c here at the moment but so clammy it actually feels warmer.
    Rrea00119461104.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Happy for all the dubliners having a great day today. It's pissed rain here in Athlone and the rest of the west country for the entire morning.

Still mild though

Yes indeed Elmer Blooker and in the uk in early Nov 46 they got up to nearly 22c i think. Second half of thenfollowing winter was very snowy.
    Was 18.3c here a short while ago which smashes my previous Halloween record max temp of 17.2c only 3 yrs ago in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

19 degrees in Phoenix Park.

Just 1 degree and 24 hours out from matching an all time monthly record for the country.

up to 18.8c now .......... which is 19c to the nearest whole degree :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

23C in London! Feels like a mid summers day out, crazy to think it's November in 10 hours time

• Registered Users Posts: 22,224 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Dylan Moran on complaining about the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Warmest Halloween in London according to Sky News. I am in London wearing a jumper. I packed for cooler conditions not this weather.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Warm enough to make me really wish I was out on my bike right now...

Significant drop forecast tomorrow, but still forecast to be around 17c while I'm at the Emirates for the Arsenal-Burnley game, which is quite nice :)

Yes indeed Elmer Blooker and in the uk in early Nov 46 they got up to nearly 22c i think. Second half of thenfollowing winter was very snowy

Interesting to note that the November records in Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland were all on the same day.
    1946 A changeable first half. Very warm air from the southeast, originating from Africa, plus the Fohn effect led to high temperatures on the 4th, including 21.7C at Prestatyn in Flintshire (the November record high), 21.1C at Hawarden Bridge (Chester) and 20.6C at Edinburgh (Scotland's record high for November). It even reached 20C at Nairn and 19.4C at Achnashellach (Wester Ross); temperatures above 18C were widespread. It then became slightly cooler. The second half of the month was often wet and stormy, but mild at times, particularly in the south. No air frost was recorded all month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Maybe theres something in these global warming claims after all.

Advertisement