Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

About them vegans lads

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

_blaaz wrote: »
    He'll just delete it...if you ignore itProb too busy adding entire paragraphs to back posts to delete just yet

Thats a bit bizarre from someone who didnt bother to respond to my last comment?

Yup hands up mea culpa I'm guilty - I did it - I hit the delete button by accident - shock horror :eek:. But seriously whats the hang up? - it wasnt even a comment for you? Rather bizarre - there you go - you can get over it now anyway.

I do love the about face in this comment where you reckon something like the above is ok but are more than happy to you criticise others for 'poor taste' and allegedly directing 'abuse' lol. Your comments are so funny.

But hey if you would like to actually discuss the topic then that's not a problem ok?

*shrugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

gozunda wrote: »
    Thats a bit bizarre from someone who didnt bother to respond to my last comment?

Yup hands up mea culpa I'm guilty - I did it - I hit the delete button by accident - shock horror :eek:. But seriously whats the hang up? - it wasnt even a comment for you. Rather bizarre - there you go - you can get over it now anyway.

I do love the about face in this comment where you reckon something like the above is ok but are more than happy to you criticise others for 'poor taste' and allegedly directing '[/i]abuse' [/i]lol. Your comments are so funny.

But hey if you would like to actually discuss the topic then that's not a problem ok?

*shrugs*

Meh...its obvious your seeking out a reaction

Whats point of replying to someone who geos back on old posts and adds entire paragraphs and then comes crying.that people didnt respond to it??

Has your last post been completed or do you feel need to add several more paragraphs of incoherent outrage to them,like you usually do.....hardly much point in replying until you have it finished?

_blaaz wrote: »
    Meh...its obvious your seeking out a reaction. Whats point of replying to someone who geos back on old posts and adds entire paragraphs and then comes crying.that people didnt respond to it??Has your last post been completed or do you feel need to add several more paragraphs of incoherent outrage to them,like you usually dohardly much point in replying until you have it finished?

As you said Meh ...

Is it lol. Your imagination is astounding btw. Believe it's a discussion - which for some strange reason you can't be bothered to engage with. And it looks from that like you're the one looking the attention. But hey no worries if you dont want to. But If you have a issue or something - then report it.

Anyway, all of these threads on vegans eventually turn into a load of blokes talking about all the different animals they like to eat and how they cook them etc. It's so predictable.

There's 54 mentions of 'meat' as part of the discussion on the first page alone.

Not much change then tbh ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Hammer89 wrote: »
    We can learn a lot from roosters I feel.

I like to think looking at other animals can shine light on the way we behave. I'm really enjoying the fresh feeling of being up at 5am for an early breakfast and then shouting at the rising sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

kowloon wrote: »
    I like to think looking at other animals can shine light on the way we behave. I'm really enjoying the fresh feeling of being up at 5am for an early breakfast and then shouting at the rising sun.

That actually happens. I used to think it only happened in films and ads for Corn Flakes, but if you live on a farm you will get woken up by a rooster crowing from inside the coup when the sun comes up. Every morning. I had enormous respect for him though, so I wouldn't be upset or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,468 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Anyway, all of these threads on vegans eventually turn into a load of blokes talking about all the different animals they like to eat and how they cook them etc. It's so predictable.

Yea but that does represent the vast majority of society though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I sprouted some lentils and planted some spring onions at the weekend if anyone wants to talk about that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I sprouted some lentils and planted some spring onions at the weekend if anyone wants to talk about that :pac:

I like tasty veg and vegetarian dishes, so I do. Only the other evening I roasted some parsnips that I'd dipped in garlic butter and black pepper. Handsome! :cool:

jimgoose wrote: »
    I like tasty veg and vegetarian dishes, so I do. Only the other evening I roasted some parsnips that I'd dipped in garlic butter and black pepper. Handsome! :cool:

For such a bland veg parsnip turns into something magical when it’s roasted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,696 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

_Brian wrote: »

Or mashed, I find all the root veg delicious when mashed and mixed together

Or mashed, I find all the root veg delicious when mashed and mixed together

Not for me.

Slices of plain boiled turnip with butter melting on them still do it for me. I love being a mucksavage! :D

My spring cabbage this year were savage. Especially served with some home produced bacon. A meal fit for a king ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Especially with roasted garlic. Soup of the gods!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

There is something very fresh and tasty about a veggie meal. Don't get me wrong, when in the mood for meat, I eat meat but its nice to enjoy both.

There's a lot of common ground and understanding and mutual enjoyment of food generally and all this kind of shit after creeping into this thread all-of-a-drive, and I won't stand for it!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Its almost as if veggies and meat-eaters are the same species, Jim ;)

There's a lot of common ground and understanding and mutual enjoyment of food generally and all this kind of shit after creeping into this thread all-of-a-drive, and I won't stand for it!! :pac:

Funny how food brings people together .... ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

Being careless about where you get your meat from is as bad as being a holocaust denier. Factory farming of pigs is a travesty. If you are eating factory farmed pork you might as well be a guard at Auschwitz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,696 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Being careless about where you get your meat from is as bad as being a holocaust denier. Factory farming of pigs is a travesty. If you are eating factory farmed pork you might as well be a guard at Auschwitz

My Grandfather died in Auschwitz. He fell out of a guard tower.

Same with a lot of imported food from areas with few if any environmental or ethical standards. Lots of horticultural produce being imported which is cheap for a reason including the use of indentured labour

Best thing is produce your own. Or source your food directly or from local suppliers and producers where possible. Ask questions- look for good production standards and don't rely on cheap imported foodstuffs with massive airmiles

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

Pork will set you free

TheSegal wrote: »
    Pork will set you free

Arbeit Macht Fry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Ah lads

Advertisement