Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rahillion, Donabate - New build

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Boocal2013

Spoke to the builder. Apparently there will be 30+ workers there this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 alexey

Hi,
    I am about to sign contract 3-bed house. And were discussing with my solicitor why there are no house dimensions specified, just layout and no any reference to sqm or depth/width.
    Is there any concerns?
    No backyard specification and etc.

Also Agent promised to get house finished by New Year... there is just site and no walls at all. What do you think, what would be the real release date?

Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Jacdub

I was out on Monday 11th and just scaffolding up- again saturday 16th. 4 full houses up. So I imagine they wont be that far off schedule. Once contracts have been signed you can ask for spec, elevations and site maps. You can also view on fingal coco. But these are old and incorrect. Ask the bsuilder directly for your specific house specifications

Hi,

Have seen on daft.ie that still 33 houses are available. Is it good indicator? It's been 3 month since they start selling... I know that in Sandiford all houses have been gone in first day... So I am wondering whether will they build with a good speed or may slow down...

Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 27 elliot895

alexey wrote: »
    Hi,

Have seen on daft.ie that still 33 houses are available. Is it good indicator? It's been 3 month since they start selling... I know that in Sandiford all houses have been gone in first day... So I am wondering whether will they build with a good speed or may slow down...

Regards,

From my knowledge they have released a new phase of houses for development. I know for sure all three beds in the first phase were sold out but I notice more have since gone on sale.

I bought a three bed in the first phase. Thinking of going out to the show houses today to try and get some measurements so I can start thinking about furniture and pricing out flooring etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Qwer

Hi,

Regards,
    they must have launched a new phase? Are you sure the daft add your looking at is up to date? There was about 5 left, two weeks ago,
    some of which were people who could not complete contracts

I don't think they are launching in phases. They have 109 houses to sell over 50% are sold, most of which are the 3 beds. Estates like st marknocks bay and millers glen only release a certain amount at a time. In Rahillion all houses are available to purchase. I was in our house on Saturday. Full frame up, no road yet though. We were told snagging in mid November but I reckon it will be January by the time we close. Hope this helps

Jacdub wrote: »
    I don't think they are launching in phases. They have 109 houses to sell over 50% are sold, most of which are the 3 beds. Estates like st marknocks bay and millers glen only release a certain amount at a time. In Rahillion all houses are available to purchase. I was in our house on Saturday. Full frame up, no road yet though. We were told snagging in mid November but I reckon it will be January by the time we close. Hope this helps

Have you bought 3 of 4 bed house. As I spoke with some builder on site those houses (1-10 Rahillion Drive) should be ready in couple month... but he is not sure :) and have no idea regarding rest ...

Has anyone get 3-bed laout specification or dimensions measurements? I would really appreciate if you share...

Does any one know whether white goods are included?

Regards,

We bought a four bed. White goods are conditional of how long it takes you to sign as far as I can remember. I have full specs but relevant for 3 bed. Look up all planning applications for fingal coco rahillion you should be able to see everything there they are outdated and in correct. If your want them before signing just ask the builder. Quick email and you should have them within a day.
    Have you bought 3 of 4 bed house. As I spoke with some builder on site those houses (1-10 Rahillion Drive) should be ready in couple month... but he is not sure :) and have no idea regarding rest ...

Has anyone get 3-bed laout specification or dimensions measurements? I would really appreciate if you share...

Does any one know whether white goods are included?

Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Murrey

I'm buying further down Rahillion Drive and had been told that I'd be in by December but I'm beginning to wonder how likely this is if the first few houses won't be ready for another few months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

We almost bought here, I'm pretty sure there are no white goods included in the sale as I felt that at that price point they really should have been. The house we had a deposit on was in phase two which we were told would be april next year at earliest. There is still a phase 3 which planning is in for and they are not available for sale yet as the house we originally wanted was in this phase but we couldn't put a deposit on it. I agree that they are not selling as fast as some estates but I think it's due to the pricing. Lovely area though and should be great when the green spaces are up and running.

annoyedgal wrote: »
    We almost bought here, I'm pretty sure there are no white goods included in the sale as I felt that at that price point they really should have been. The house we had a deposit on was in phase two which we were told would be april next year at earliest. There is still a phase 3 which planning is in for and they are not available for sale yet as the house we originally wanted was in this phase but we couldn't put a deposit on it. I agree that they are not selling as fast as some estates but I think it's due to the pricing. Lovely area though and should be great when the green spaces are up and running.
    White goods were included in initial sales if contracts returned in 21 days, you are right its a bit rich not including them and difficult to comply with but common tatic to get contracts back

I am still confused regarding phases... you said second phase.. what is you house number ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Murrey

We were tempted to hold out for the third phase ourselves as I noticed that the gardens seemed to be a good bit bigger. From what I gather from talking to the builders they still seem somewhat unsure what the final development is going to look like

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

We were going to buy a four bed on rahillion park. This is phase 2. Houses to be finished by dec are phase 1. Phase 3 is the north of the estate and they were reapplying for planning as there was some tweaking of this area. Thought phase 3 looked lovely alright but was told these would be dearer by time they came on.
    Was no mention of 21 days and contract for white goods when we signed up! Was told not included but maybe that's because we had a house to sell so no chance of doing that in 21 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dcresham

Have bought 3 bed in Rahillion Park, and returned contracts. We're given April as a date, but would be surprised if that is not later. White goods were included if returned in 21 days, but we didn't make that. If you could share the email for the builder that'd be great. Been in touch only with Ballisk so far, and they're hit and miss with availability and info.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Min89

Hey,

I have the house plan with measurements for the 3 bed in Rahillion if anyone wants me to email them on. I can't seem to add them onto the forum thread here. We bought on Rahillion drive and were told house will be ready for snagging early November. Really hoping to be in by December. No white goods for us as we had a house that just went sale agreed so they did not entertain us with regards to including the white goods. It's good to see things progressing at last on site.

Min89 wrote: »
    Hey,

I have the house plan with measurements for the 3 bed in Rahillion if anyone wants me to email them on. I can't seem to add them onto the forum thread here. We bought on Rahillion drive and were told house will be ready for snagging early November. Really hoping to be in by December. No white goods for us as we had a house that just went sale agreed so they did not entertain us with regards to including the white goods. It's good to see things progressing at last on site.

Hi Min89,

Can you send me on the specifications for the 3 bed? We're due to move in November also but having seen the delays for the other houses I have a feeling it'll be In the new year before we move in but fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Min89

no Bother, just pm me your email and I will forward them onto you. I really hope we are in this side of Christmas. We will have to wait and see.

Has anyone had a firm completion date or is approaching snagging. Just wondering, about the first 4 houses. Hoping we don't have to move before Christmas.

• Advertisement

Jacdub wrote: »
    Has anyone had a firm completion date or is approaching snagging. Just wondering, about the first 4 houses. Hoping we don't have to move before Christmas.

We bought 36, Rahillion Drive and Ballisk said it will be ready for snagging in January.
    Also they provided me with elevation and layout for 3 bed, so if someone need I would love to share.

Regards,

We're abojt 20 houses before you so I guess that means we will be in before xmas. Better start packing soon :) concrete Christmas. Was really hoping it would be January.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lyncher101

Hi

We've put a booking deposit down for a house in Phase 3 and were told there should be news about whether or not the revisions and alterations submitted for F17A/0529 will be accepted by end of October. The revisions were received by Fingal CoCo. on 1st September according to their website but have still not been assigned to anyone within Fingal by the looks of it on the website. Are we being strung along by the developer do you think? How long do these revisions generally take to be accepted/rejected. Revisions are to do with number of 4/5 beds allowed in Phase 3, their orientation and permitted height (restriction due to Mill).

Any time I drive up it doesn't seem to be to active up there.....:(

Lyncher101 wrote: »
    Hi

We've put a booking deposit down for a house in Phase 3 and were told there should be news about whether or not the revisions and alterations submitted for F17A/0529 will be accepted by end of October. The revisions were received by Fingal CoCo. on 1st September according to their website but have still not been assigned to anyone within Fingal by the looks of it on the website. Are we being strung along by the developer do you think? How long do these revisions generally take to be accepted/rejected. Revisions are to do with number of 4/5 beds allowed in Phase 3, their orientation and permitted height (restriction due to Mill).

Any time I drive up it doesn't seem to be to active up there.....:(

What alterations have they requested?

On our side we were due to be ready in November....I spoke to the builder late last week, he said that our structure had arrived on site and with brick work and everything else it wouldn't be ready until late November/early December so with snagging etc we won't be in until January. That's the current prediction anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tk89

Hi

My wife and I have just put a deposit down on a 4 bed semi-d for Phase 2 and are now waiting on contracts to arrive. Does anybody here have drawings or specifications for the type c 4 bed semi d house?

Tk89 wrote: »
    Hi

My wife and I have just put a deposit down on a 4 bed semi-d for Phase 2 and are now waiting on contracts to arrive. Does anybody here have drawings or specifications for the type c 4 bed semi d house?
    They are all on fingal county council site, planning section

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lyncher101

elliot895 wrote: »
    What alterations have they requested?

On our side we were due to be ready in November....I spoke to the builder late last week, he said that our structure had arrived on site and with brick work and everything else it wouldn't be ready until late November/early December so with snagging etc we won't be in until January. That's the current prediction anyway.

Alterations to original plans for Phase 3. Changing the orientation of some houses. All revisions are available on FCC website. There's nothing major in this one.

Did you find the builder decent to work with so far? We will be selling a home also, so just hope he doesn't put too much pressure on. We will put it up for sale as soon as needs be, but not any sooner as advised by the estate agent as the completion of Phase 3 could be a year away.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

Qwer wrote: »
    They are all on fingal county council site, planning section

Thanks, I found this on there:
    http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00401501.pdf

We've also put a deposit on a type C and are awaiting the contract.

Thanks for posting. They look really nice. The five bed is massive with a small bedroom in the attic. Just wondering what number you are Elliot. We are hoping for Jan or even Feb move but were told Nov to snag. We're no 14 the drive.
    I think also they have changed the way a lot of the houses are layed out on the site map.

denisstack wrote: »
    Thanks, I found this on there:
    http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00401501.pdf

We've also put a deposit on a type C and are awaiting the contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 rcallagh

We're looking at no12 The Cresent. It will be very close to the school with a pedestrian access directly in to back of school. Anybody know how busy/noisy it gets?? Hard to know if parents will drive down this way for drop offs/collections

Advertisement