Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Homeside, but about to be shower-side. Need to wash the mop!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,778 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

A new series started on BBC this week called Gold Digger,think you'd like it but not sure if you can get it on catch up...I'm angsty all week, could be the moon lol I thought today was the longest day ever and I kept busy but it seemed to drag,don't know what's wrong with me lol.

Think you need a "you" day , where you can fecking spend it however you wish , and just do the things you love to do . You deserve it Duvet :)
    Must look up that series .

On topic , in bed , with a book and boards , now that's entertainment :p

• Watching Martin Kemp on D'arcy, very hot tbh lol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bored out of my mind tonight, need to make some serious changes to my life,feel like the years are flying by and I'm not making the best of them, kids are gone to an 18th and I'm here channel hopping but nothing on,I should have gone out but couldn't be bothered, now I think old age is setting in...help.��

You should have called over to your favorite man 😏😏

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Was just going hitting the bed when little bird must have had a nightmare the roaring:(
    Now kitchen side playing

• Advertisement

• You should have called over to your favorite man ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

I should have Sephers, Barrys tea ,a bottle of wine and Coast to Coast lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Dream date night for you both ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Now you're talking my language 🐱😃😏

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Sleepyside - still have the TV on and Graham
    Norton. Jupiter you have me remembering Temple Bar in the early 90's there were some great second hand clothes shops (army jackets!!) and a great place that served cut price minestrone soup in big satisfying bowlfuls.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

It doesn't seem worth going out in the winter evenings. Summer evenings seem full of promise and the pull of adventure. Even if it's just some little thing like chatting to someone you don't often get time to see. I think maybe we need a fallow period to rest and regenerate ourselves in winter..
    As much as I know the urge to be out and moving, doing, seeing what there is to see.

My feverishly imaginative ex accused me of going out partying too much, last summer. I never used the word partying in my life. If I go out a lot it's to recharge my batteries with good company. Diversions can be good for your focus and productivity in daily life. Sometimes all you need is a change of scene, without needing a big eventful night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I smell a love story..

To thine own self be true

Homeside. With decaf tea :o
    Town was fun until post dinner drinks and a move barside: could there possibly be a less attractive group of punters than loud drunk obnoxious 40'/50'-somethings clearly on coke? :eek: Got outta there sharpish. Soooo not my scene. But at least I can salvage tomorrow now :)
    Bored out of my mind tonight, need to make some serious changes to my life,feel like the years are flying by and I'm not making the best of the.... now I think old age is setting in...help.��

Snap Madelyn Obnoxious Balcony! From one of my favourite poets:
    "It's time again. Tear up the violets and plant something more difficult to grow".
    —James Schuyler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I smell a love story..
    I smell the green eyed monster of jealousy. Off me! I was recently promised "A night I will never forget" off Madelyn Obnoxious Balcony yet I have sat in on my own like a chump waiting ever since and now here she is flirting with someone else right before my eyes. :mad:
    I am greener then the Incredible Hulk right now. :(
    I don't think I will ever get over this....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,180 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Guy Person wrote: »
    I smell the green eyed monster of jealousy. Off me! I was recently promised "A night I will never forget" off Madelyn Obnoxious Balcony yet I have sat in on my own like a chump waiting ever since and now here she is flirting with someone else right before my eyes. :mad:
    I am greener then the Incredible Hulk right now. :(
    I don't think I will ever get over this....

Welcome back! How's the new apartment?

Alcoholside again, cheers wherers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Thanks! Ah it's grand so far, lots done but lots still to do. I am enjoying having my own space now I have to say.
    I trust your ok yourself Leg End? You are drinking so you must be good right now anyway :D

Guy Person wrote: »
    Thanks! Ah it's grand so far, lots done but lots still to do. I am enjoying having my own space now I have to say.
    I trust your ok yourself Leg End? You are drinking so you must be good right now anyway :D

You'll never be finished! :D

All's good when there's alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Me too! Alcoholside :)

Ah it's so nice when you see people on boards looking out for one another and remembering little things.

Can't remember seeing posts by Guy saying he'd got a new place before but good luck in the new apartment! Big step buying!

Tammy! wrote: »
    Me too! Alcoholside :)

Ah it's so nice when you see people on boards looking out for one another and remembering little things.

Can't remember seeing posts by Guy saying he'd got a new place before but good luck in the new apartment! Big step buying!

Sláinte!

Sláinte!

Cheers :)

Bedside,sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Still up !! My god this little fella is missing the sleep buttons I swear . Must try and get grandeod to reprogram him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

In bed but I can’t get to sleep. Can’t figure out if I’m over tired or if I’m excited about my second date with that guy tomorrow. Either way I wish I’d just be able to get to sleep

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    In bed but I can’t get to sleep. Can’t figure out if I’m over tired or if I’m excited about my second date with that guy tomorrow. Either way I wish I’d just be able to get to sleep

Count sheep :D

No, joking it never worked for me but I remember being told to do it as a comfort when I was a kid :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In my favourite chair in my living room, listening to music, unable to sleep.

Feeling very thoughtful and rather sad. Today is my late mother’s anniversary. Nearly 30 years - over a lifetime for many of you here on After Hours, but at times it seems just like yesterday. :( She was not quite 47 years of age and I was 15 and just gone into Transition Year at school.

To say her sudden and tragic death was a tragedy for my family is an understatement. I have been very close to crying.

Miss you so so much tonight mum!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Jk sometimes it's best to just let it out and feel the emotions and remember your mum is always around you. ((Hugs))

Morning all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭ Brody Unimportant Turpentine

Hey JK. Hope you’re doing ok. It’s a tough day for sure. Do something nice for yourself today however small it may seem. A care day. My own mother will be 13 years dead next week, and I totally agree, on one hand it seems so recent on the other hand I barely recognize the person I was back then. A few weeks beyond my 18th birthday. Toughened me up like nobodies business. Was so lucky to have an amazing dad though, growing up it was always me and my dad, and my mum and my brother. He was younger than me, but when she died my dad and him got way more close and he was brought into our circle :D I really struggled with not being my dads #1 but the 3 of us had a really good happy set up. Then that went to sh1t when my lovely daddy died. He will be 6 years dead next month. That still makes my heart hurt in a way it never did for my mother. I was never lonely until he died and then no matter who I was with or where I was, I was/am always lonely. I held his hand that night until he went cold, and I am certain as the life left his body it took some of me with him for sure. Oddly comforting in a way.

Anyway, take the day to yourself, do whatever it is you need to do to make the day less sh1t and I’ll be thinking of you.

I am just back in bed after getting the last load of laundry into the dryer, downstairs hoovered and hopefully I won’t wake back up til 9 and all the clothes in the house will be clean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

JK sometimes it is ok to be sad and remember all the good times with your Mother. For sure that was very tough on you at such a young age. As Shoes said be very kind to yourself and mind “you” today.

Shoes any chance you feel like coming around to mine and doing the laundry? Thanking you in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭ Brody Unimportant Turpentine

No bother have ya got a dog to play with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Sadly not Shoes. I guess that’s a dealbreaker?!

• Advertisement

Ahh Jupiter & shoes, that's really tough, hugs to both of you.
    Getting ready for a walk, think I'll bring the doggie to the beach, the sand is easier on his joints.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement