Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIN tickets of your choice to Improv Fest Ireland!

• 27-11-2018 5:28pm
    Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Next week will see the now annual Improv Fest Ireland kick off in Dublin city and they have very kindly offered 10 pairs of tickets to Boardsies to an improv show of your choice (options below).

467009.jpg
    Ireland's Original International Festival of Improvised Theatre & Comedy

Improv Fest Ireland runs from 2nd - 8th December 2018 in Dublin, Ireland.

#MakeItUp18

WHAT IS IMPROV?

Improv/Improvisation is an art form where performers create scenes, stories and characters in the moment live in front of an audience. There is no script, no planning and no safety net!. Modern Improvisational theatre includes a wide spectrum of performances - from fast-paced comedic 'shortform', to silent shows, to improvised puppet performances, to audience-inspired concepts, to musicals to full length improvised plays. This dynamic art form takes theatre and comedy to a whole new level - one that has audiences on the edge of their seats!

To be included in the draw for tickets, please post below and tell us what show you'd like to see and a memorable time when you had to get creative and make something up! #makeitup18

Shows to choose from - all shows take place in the Main Hall, Teacher's Club, Parnell Square, Dublin 1:

Mon 3rd Dec
    6pm - Underthings & International Ensemble
    8pm - The Tightrope with 'Hey Its Tina', 'Kirsty' & 'Tiny'

Tue 4th Dec
    6pm - Two Red Hens & International Ensemble A
    8pm - Lovely Stuff & Odd Socks
    10pm - Improv TV & Ungrateful Dodos

Wed 5th Dec
    6pm - Made of Bombs & Mugshot
    8pm - Neil+1 & Auto-Correbt
    10pm - Hand Job

Thu 6th Dec
    6pm - The Good China & Tumbleweed
    8pm - Kill The Monster & Which is Which
    10pm - Tumble Turn Moments & Peareshakes

Fri 7th Dec
    6pm - Jess's's's & Big Now
    8pm - Helmet Thieves & International Ensemble B
    10pm - Razowsky and Armstrong & Improv Utopia Camp Night

Sat 8th Dec
    6pm - Crocodile Paws & International Ensemble C
    8pm - International Ensemble D & Spoken

You can read more about each of the acts on http://improvfestireland.com/

Terms:
    • Competition closes on Monday 3rd December at 3pm
    • Winners will be chosen at random
    • Winners will be contacted by PM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/improvfestireland/
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/improvfestirl/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/improvfestirl
    Web: http://improvfestireland.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

I would love to see Hand Job on Wednesday.

And as for getting creative and making something up, well I will have to do that in a few minutes when my boss is going to want to know why Im googling Hand Job in work! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I like the sound of The Good China and Tumbleweed next Thursday, if the tickets are still up? I don't have much experience of Improv, but I did get dragged on stage during a performance by the Reduced Shakespeare Company - I think it was The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) - and had to find some funny answers to some questions. A one-word answer got a good laugh: the answer was "slowly!", but I don't remember what the question was ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

hi, i'd like to see "Neil+1 & Auto-Correbt", thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Would like to be included in the draw If possible...

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Well, it looks like everyone is a winner in this competition :D
    duckmusic wrote: »
    I would love to see Hand Job on Wednesday.

And as for getting creative and making something up, well I will have to do that in a few minutes when my boss is going to want to know why Im googling Hand Job in work! :-)
    Done, please PM your details for the tickets.
    bnt wrote: »
    I like the sound of The Good China and Tumbleweed next Thursday, if the tickets are still up? I don't have much experience of Improv, but I did get dragged on stage during a performance by the Reduced Shakespeare Company - I think it was The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) - and had to find some funny answers to some questions. A one-word answer got a good laugh: the answer was "slowly!", but I don't remember what the question was ...
    Hmmm have you remembered what the question was yet, bnt? :D

The tickets for Thursday are yours, please PM your details for the tickets.
    hi, i'd like to see "Neil+1 & Auto-Correbt", thanks
    Done! Please PM your details for the tickets.
    Soulsun wrote: »
    Would like to be included in the draw If possible...
    No problem - which show would you like to see, Soulsun?

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement