Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I called today (again :D) so the problem with ours is the new system doesn't seem to be able to process the return when there is an underpayment for previous years (which we have)

Not sure if that's the issue for everyone else but hopefully now they know what the issue is they can figure out how to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nordydave

It's time to come together, It's up to you, what's your pleasure? Everyone around the world, Come on! Yahoo! It's a celebration, Yahoo!
    Celebrate good times, come on!

I just got my little orange dot of joy over My Documents! As mentioned before, submitted 4th jan, got the email about 17th, then resubmitted at the end of Jan. Keep the faith folks, whatever about it being a f*****g sh*tshow they're getting through it.

Nordydave wrote: »
    It's time to come together, It's up to you, what's your pleasure? Everyone around the world, Come on! Yahoo! It's a celebration, Yahoo!
    Celebrate good times, come on!

I just got my little orange dot of joy over My Documents! As mentioned before, submitted 4th jan, got the email about 17th, then resubmitted at the end of Jan. Keep the faith folks, whatever about it being a f*****g sh*tshow they're getting through it.

What time did it appear at or did you just check the once:D

I checked about 10:30 this morning and there was nothing and I checked while eating lunch at my desk, so that was around 12:30

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bellatrix1

Mine has maternity leave and employment top up and it a joint assessment with hubby so he took paternity leave also.. Maybe that's why mine is taking longer. Still nothing today. I give up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deise18

If I check that website one more time I am going to lose my mind, astonishing that they havent managed to get on top of the backlog by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭zepman

Now that scenario sounds like it might need a bit more of a calculation so you'd perhaps expect a delay - but not knocking on two months.

I'm not sure does resubmitting do anything - someone said they were still able to edit their tax return so they submitted again. I've always had the amend option but if I view it all the credits/salary etc. are "confirmed". I'd just really like to know if theres something others are doing or if others have different status etc.

Yeah, I'm okay with the delay due to calculations specific to my situation. But from reading this thread, it seems to be more due to my submitting early in Jan more than anything else. A lot of these early submissions seem to be in limbo.

I did try the amend option a few weeks ago after reading this thread. But I got the message "You cannot proceed as an Income Tax Return is currently being processed. Please wait until your Statement of Liability has issued.".
    rsl1976 wrote: »
    Have you tried calling them to see what they say. I would have expected that once they made that enquiry that they were working on it.

Not about my 2019 Return, but I had called them to sort out my tax credits for this year. I heard the repeated automated messages about the 2019 Returns taking time and that they are working on it. So, it seemed like it would come through eventually. Might call in a week if I still don't have the SOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deise18

Anyone have any luck today? Nothing here again

Now my wife got a message asking her to log in and check her correspondence in unread documents but there is nothing there...

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Macaonbhuit

Not a sausage.... Again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

deise18 wrote: »
    Anyone have any luck today? Nothing here again

Nope nothing again....

Nothing again

Now my wife got a message asking her to log in and check her correspondence in unread documents but there is nothing there...

Its the same like some of us got email about 17th of january having the sol and refund. Joke...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Farcical stuff. Your money is devaluing with each passing day.

As a people we are too tolerable with this kind of stuff. We pay these people an obscene amount of money with our taxes and this is the service we get.

Lundstram wrote: »
    Farcical stuff. Your money is devaluing with each passing day.

As a people we are too tolerable with this kind of stuff. We pay these people an obscene amount of money with our taxes and this is the service we get.

Need to pay bills....cant say sorry there is a delay and its gonna take who knows how long....

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭bonjurkes

I submitted my return form on 16th of January, then had to do it again, as it showed it as Available instead of Submitted. Yet to hear back from them. Today I tried to Amend my return form and it said that "it already contains some info from revenue". I declared EU interest return as income but for some reason it was displayed as "Foreign rent income" according to revenue records. Which is totally incorrect. So I amended my return form and submitted it again. Did anyone else had any similar issue? I am pretty sure I declared it as interest return as I don't have any foreign rent income. I sent them a question about my SOL like 2 days ago but it says expect to hear back from them in 20 working days.

bonjurkes wrote: »
    I submitted my return form on 16th of January, then had to do it again, as it showed it as Available instead of Submitted. Yet to hear back from them. Today I tried to Amend my return form and it said that "it already contains some info from revenue". I declared EU interest return as income but for some reason it was displayed as "Foreign rent income" according to revenue records. Which is totally incorrect. So I amended my return form and submitted it again. Did anyone else had any similar issue? I am pretty sure I declared it as interest return as I don't have any foreign rent income. I sent them a question about my SOL like 2 days ago but it says expect to hear back from them in 20 working days.

Yes most of same the same...i even got email when i will have it... that email was due 3 weeks a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Smellysocks

I submitted mine on 6th January. I was told 17th January for Statement of Liability. I have rang 3 times and got 3 different answers from Revenue. The answer i got last week was that it was processed and was waiting to be signed off. I'm still waiting....

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cnbyz

I submitted mine on January 4th and the SOL was issued on Feb 10th. I havent received any email about it though i just saw the orange dot. However the SOL had ignored the relief i have asked for. The result is underpayment of 0.10 . I rang them 2 times and was told that "its a matter of time". Its been 2 weeks since. The last person i spoke to told me that they were all calculated but theres an IT related error.

cnbyz wrote: »
    I submitted mine on January 4th and the SOL was issued on Feb 10th. I havent received any email about it though i just saw the orange dot. However the SOL had ignored the relief i have asked for. The result is underpayment of 0.10 . I rang them 2 times and was told that "its a matter of time". Its been 2 weeks since. The last person i spoke to told me that they were all calculated but theres an IT related error.

While you are issued with an error some of us are issued with no respond and no sol

• Advertisement

Bikerguy wrote: »
    While you are issued with an error some of us are issued with no respond and no sol
    I am not sure which one is worse though. Last year i have received the refund in May after practically begging for help on the phone.
    Somehow my request is complicated to process.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

I've just come off the phone to Revenue - the girl I spoke to was very helpful. Apparently an entry of tax paid on dividends that I put in wasn't coded so that was what was holding up the issuing of my SOL. I asked her to remove the entry, which she did and she said my cert should be there in the morning - fingers crossed that it is issued and correct!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Smellysocks

I rang them again this morning and i was told my claim is not processed yet (so the person who told me that on phone last week was blatantly lying). One of the tax credits i am applying for back is not calculating on their system properly. They get regular updates but they have no idea when it will be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

Still no joy for me either. I resubmitted early feb and still haven't heard back. Although I can't amend mine anymore and it says I have to wait for the SOL to come so I guess that might be some progress.

Out of curiosity, what number are you all ringing? Wondering if my return might be facing similar issues.

I ring 01 7383636

rsl1976 wrote: »
    I ring 01 7383636

i ring the same number. Its very annoying though. You need to wait ~ 5 minutes on the line to get to the part where they tell you how long you should wait to get an answer.

Well..another week behind....

And still nothing...

• Subscribers Posts: 40,726 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Submitted mine around Jan 10, got it back Feb 18

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Absolute Joke it’s almost March ! And still waiting .

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Submitted mine around Jan 10, got it back Feb 18

Lucku you...submitted 3.1. Resubbed twice after with the same detaisl... still nada..

Advertisement