Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 1 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Raoul

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah, first two weeks will be tough as I only have one WR but then I get Jeffrey back which is good and then things get really good two weeks later when I get Edelman.

Why are you confident in Jeffrey?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,453 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Raoul wrote:
    Why are you confident in Jeffrey?
    How do you mean?

How do you mean?

Just he seems injury prone. I wouldn't have gambled on him myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭me89

Drafting Bell with my first pick is really after backfiring, didn't think he would miss any games with the hold out.

Also drafted Josh Gordon and DeVante Parker so it's gonna be a short season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭kev_s88

God bless Matt Ryan, dragging me to my first win :)

• Advertisement

:(

How you feel when you know that you are getting the high scoring bench trophy for leaving Jared Goff on the bench.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I could see this season being defined by who has the most Rams and Chiefs on their team

Just looking at the start of the thread. I miss d3po's write ups!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Anyone have any interest in Julio Jones?

What way is the waiver working in the league?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

What do you mean?Same way it works in all the leagues. If you make a claim you go to the bottom of the order. It runs on wednesday nights.

I was actually going through the waiver claims from last week. I somehow missed what position I was in making a claim. Nvm :)

Ugh, injuries are killing me this year. I'm stuck without a tight end tonight. I have nobody that I can afford to drop and it isn't worth bringing in a TE anyways as the likely points isn't worth the risk.

I've got Breida questionable but I can't afford to leave him in as he is the not play side of questionable. I've got Dalvin Cook out which leaves me with Enunwa and Mike Williams for the flex position.

Did Enunwa get injured too?

Raoul wrote: »
    Did Enunwa get injured too?

Sadly yes, out 3-4 weeks at least with high ankle sprain.

Sadly yes, out 3-4 weeks at least with high ankle sprain.

You aren't having much luck

None, it's been like this since the start. I took chances with WR's so that I'd have a good set of RBs. Jordan Howard is having his worst ever season, Dalvin Cook has been injured in two games and not played in three. Matt Breida has been great but got injured in week 5 and looked certain not to play Sunday.
    Like my two WRs got me 31 points this past weekend, my QB got 24.5. My RBs between the totalled 8.8 and my flex was -1.1(Enunwa).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

4-4 in a very tight league. Good to see everyone being on top of their teams thru week 8!

With a core of Brees, Zeke (RB8), AP (RB9), Tyreek Hill (WR2) even Jared Cook (TE5), I have had some whopper weeks but then some really low scoring ones too.

Keep up the good work all!

Getting very interesting in the league.

Division 1 and 3 look wrapped up with two 8-3 teams whereas all 4 teams are in with a chance in Division 2 with three teams on 6-5.

In Division 4, we have 3 teams on 7-4 including my own. Strong chance that two will make it to the playoffs, but all to be decided in the next two weeks of divisonal matchups.

Not much trading going on in the league but seems everyone is setting their teams every week.

I've been really lucky this season. I'm 8-3, but have 1057 points. Lower than everyone in division 4. Porto Jags have more points but a 5-6 record. My points against is the lowest in the league!

There is so much luck involved in fantasy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭kev_s88

adrian522 wrote: »
    I've been really lucky this season. I'm 8-3, but have 1057 points. Lower than everyone in division 4. Porto Jags have more points but a 5-6 record. My points against is the lowest in the league!

There is so much luck involved in fantasy.

been a tough season all round like that. As you said above, 5-6 record for me while being the 3rd highest scoring team in the league. Opponents have just come good against me all season.

Seeds 3,4 and 5 all in Div 4. Gonna make for an interesting last couple of weeks.

Done by a point in a 113-112 loss. Means Sin City Slobberknockers pretty much takes top spot (I think) and is in the playoffs. Final division match up next week against For Whom Odell Tolls looks like it's win or bust for both teams.

All to play for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Done by a point in a 113-112 loss. Means Sin City Slobberknockers pretty much takes top spot (I think) and is in the playoffs. Final division match up next week against For Whom Odell Tolls looks like it's win or bust for both teams.

All to play for!
    Yea, it was a really close matchup in the end which it didn't look like being after the Thanksgiving day slate. That JuJu touchdown was the turning point and gave me a chance. I just had to hope the Vikings defence didn't have a good week overnight. Hopefully I can get a win next week and maybe a bye...

Can someone do up a list of the different permutations to see who gets into the playoffs. ha. Ridiculous number of teams still in with a shout. I'm currently 4th seed, I think and I could easily not get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

All I know is if I win (Blu York Giants) and Spongey loses, we are both 8-5 and I would top Div 1 as I hold the tie-breaker. But after that, there are too many permutations to look at

Raoul wrote: »
    Can someone do up a list of the different permutations to see who gets into the playoffs. ha. Ridiculous number of teams still in with a shout. I'm currently 4th seed, I think and I could easily not get in.

Hi Raoul,

I vote for you to do it. You have my full support.

Coeus wrote: »
    Yea, it was a really close matchup in the end which it didn't look like being after the Thanksgiving day slate. That JuJu touchdown was the turning point and gave me a chance. I just had to hope the Vikings defence didn't have a good week overnight. Hopefully I can get a win next week and maybe a bye...

Yep super tight.

I'm 7-5 yet my average score is 109 points. Be tough if I dont make the playoffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Not going to do all the permutations out, but I think it's possible that 7 teams end up on 7-6 with two making the playoffs and the other five might finish just shy of the playoffs but also only one game above relegation. That means that there could be a tie for 12th/13th place on 6-7 where one team gets relegated and was only one game away from the playoffs. So if I'm right one game could separate 5th to 13th place if results go a certain way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Its also possible for 6 teams to finish on 8-5 and 1 of those to miss out on the playoffs. I will be so pissed if i go from 1st place after week 11 to 7th place after week 13.

Only thing guaranteed is 4thandforever is in the playoffs as division champion. Also sin City i think will win his division as he holds tiebreakers over Blacque & Odell. Blu will win his division with a win and a loss by myself. Looks like Dundalk holds tiebreaker over Witty Tanks so a win or Tanks loss will do it for him

Wild card scenarios are a bit tougher to sort out.

• Advertisement

I picked up Spencer Ware the other day. Could be a difference maker for the Oriels!

Advertisement