Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭arek_s

have you seen this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcQcr4rc0kE

did you expierience something like this?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

arek_s wrote:
    have you seen this one:
    Yeah, I watched it a few days ago.
    arek_s wrote:
    did you expierience something like this?

His battery is obviously not clicking in. It's a very secure mechanism when it clicks and is properly installed, so I'd say he has a faulty unit.

He's an idiot to fly like that when he knows about the fault. He has a few videos on it and has known for a while before he crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

I see this is now selling at €567.

Dummy wrote:
    I see this is now selling at 567.

It's back to 385 euro now.. happy days

tedpan wrote: »
    It's back to 385 euro now.. happy days

It's reading €567 still for me :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭SteM

Dummy wrote: »
    It's reading €567 still for me :-(

€407 from tomtop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

€397 if you pay in USD

Suckit wrote: »
    €397 if you pay in USD

I must be doing something wrong. In US dollars it is $673 for me.

The site I am looking at is - https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_363299.html?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=linkshare&utm_campaign=linkshare&siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-cKdL_y6sZOCgnpGBnTeirA

Do I have that right at least????

D.

Dummy wrote: »
    I must be doing something wrong. In US dollars it is $673 for me.

The site I am looking at is - https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_363299.html?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=linkshare&utm_campaign=linkshare&siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-cKdL_y6sZOCgnpGBnTeirA

D.
    https://www.tomtop.com/p-rm6355eu.html
    https://www.tomtop.com/p-c-rm0064us.html

Tomtop will also pay any fees that it may get hit for.

Dummy wrote:

Yes, must have been a glitch in the matrix! It's 385e again.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote:
    Tomtop will also pay any fees that it may get hit for.

I've never seen fees/customs when shopping with Gearbest, I'm guessing they use the same shipping system as Tomtop.

Banggood does not, and I've been hit twice now.

I've never seen fees/customs when shopping with Gearbest, I'm guessing they use the same shipping system as Tomtop.

Banggood does not, and I've been hit twice now.

They definitely do not.
    With Gearbest you are taking a risk. If it does get stopped, you will have to pay the extra fees.
    Tomtop pay for you (in the case o the more expensive and popular drones).
    Gearbest ship through different EU postal systems in the hope that it ill look like it originated in the EU or that fees were already paid.
    (All of the others do that too (Tomtop, LIITB. Banggood etc), so just as likely to get caught). Gearbest have manipulated tracking in the past, and do not have a good history (not even here on boards), i am guessing it will only be a matter of time before their current vat circumventing gets stopped. They will not pay any fees for you. Unless the items come from their 'EU Warehouse', you still risk having to pay.
    On most other sites the individual seller is responsible for their own method of shipping unless they choose to use the sites method.

Suckit wrote:
    They definitely do not. With Gearbest you are taking a risk. If it does get stopped, you will have to pay the extra fees. Tomtop pay for you (in the case o the more expensive and popular drones). Gearbest ship through different EU postal systems in the hope that it ill look like it originated in the EU or that fees were already paid. (All of the others do that too (Tomtop, LIITB. Banggood etc), so just as likely to get caught). Gearbest have manipulated tracking in the past, and do not have a good history (not even here on boards), i am guessing it will only be a matter of time before their current vat circumventing gets stopped. They will not pay any fees for you. Unless the items come from their 'EU Warehouse', you still risk having to pay. On most other sites the individual seller is responsible for their own method of shipping unless they choose to use the sites method.

I understand, I'm just saying, I've used gearbest at least 10 times over the past 24 months for phones and drones and have never had an issue with customs. Maybe they've changed their process? Several people in my office have had the same experience. How has everything got through?

I order once with banggood as their Mi Drone batteries were 20quid cheaper. It was shipped through Sweden and got stopped in Dublin. Had to pay 30quid in taxes and fees. They can't be using the same system.

I understand, I'm just saying, I've used gearbest at least 10 times over the past 24 months for phones and drones and have never had an issue with customs. Maybe they've changed their process? Several people in my office have had the same experience. How has everything got through?

I order once with banggood as their Mi Drone batteries were 20quid cheaper. It was shipped through Sweden and got stopped in Dublin. Had to pay 30quid in taxes and fees. They can't be using the same system.

I get what you are saying and i am not entirely disagreeing with you.
    Banggood ship them as normal, sometimes they will skip through, sometimes not.
    Gearbest actively try to avoid customs, they even had some method previously manipulating post somehow. They were caught and i am not sure if fined or what happened after.
    I have been stopped a few times using Gearbest in the past, so it is just pot luck. Although as mentioned, they do try to avoid them, so until whatever method they are currently using is noticed, they will continue to do so successfully. I have not used Gearbest for a few years down to other reasons so i do not know what methods they currently use.
    But unless a site specifically says that they will pay any fees, or that it is shipped from within the EU (implying fees paid) i would expect to pay the extra when it arrives.

The fact that some items do not get charged, i would just count as a pleasant surprise.
    Lightinthebox/miniinthebox also have another method of shipping altogether.
    They even have a 'customs duty issue' fee form on their site, although i have yet to have any need to use it. You can also choose to "Add duty & tax insurance to your order".
    My point is that there are many sites actively trying to find the best way to ship to EU legitimately, Gearbest do not seem to be trying (and they have a very chequered past), so there is a chance that they will get stopped soon, especially with UK coming under pressure and the €2bn fine (or whatever it is now).

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭EireCelt

Purchased my drone few weeks ago, shipped out on the 3rd Sep, been keeping an eye on the tracting, the last update was Sep 10th " Parcel is in clearance"....getting frustrated at the hold up considering its been in Dublin since the 10th, is this normal? anyone know a contact number for the customs, thanks in advance

EireCelt wrote:
    Purchased my drone few weeks ago, shipped out on the 3rd Sep, been keeping an eye on the tracting, the last update was Sep 10th " Parcel is in clearance"....getting frustrated at the hold up considering its been in Dublin since the 10th, is this normal? anyone know a contact number for the customs, thanks in advance

Ah no, that's really annoying. Is it with an post since the 10th? If so you can ring customer services, there's a number below the tracking.

Usually when it gets to Dublin, it's delivered next day. Is it from gearbest or tomtop? Sorry for all the questions.

Himark wrote:
    How many times have the gardai requested boards.ie user info? Simple question boom bap

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭EireCelt

The gearbest tracking says arrived London on 9th and on 10th it just said " Parcel is in clearance".... An Post doesnt reconize the tracking number online... i rang An Post earlier, they said they havent got it, so i presume its still with the customs? Don't really know whats going on and what to do tbh? any advice is appreciated ! I bought it off gearbest mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

334 if you use code XM4KRC. Codes don't last long so could expire anytime.

• Advertisement

EireCelt wrote:
    The gearbest tracking says arrived London on 9th and on 10th it just said " Parcel is in clearance".... An Post doesnt reconize the tracking number online... i rang An Post earlier, they said they havent got it, so i presume its still with the customs? Don't really know whats going on and what to do tbh? any advice is appreciated ! I bought it off gearbest mate

Ah ok, if anpost don't recognize the tracking number it's a good thing. It means that it's not with Irish customs. I would get in touch with gearbest support and see what they have to say. Really strange it's taken this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Are you using http://www.faryaa.com/user/index/package-refer/type/track for tracking?Seems to give good detail for stuff from gearbest using their Ireland priority post.

You could try ask in the gearbest forum but they rarely reply to anything. Just give coupons out every few days.

These are also good for tracking stuff, specifically from Gearbest https://www.aftership.com/couriers/oneworldexpress

The latest clip at the beach, this time in Bettystown this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thats pretty amazing footage for the price tbh, what sort of real world battery performance are you getting?

Thargor wrote:
    Thats pretty amazing footage for the price tbh, what sort of real world battery performance are you getting?

Cheers! Really nice morning for flying. Depending on winds, 18-21 minutes which is perfect once you have at least two batteries :) Fantastic solid bit of kit for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

What does your dogs make of it?

Charlie19 wrote:
    What does your dogs make of it?

Go to the last few seconds of video. One of them absolutely hates it! Not too bad though, luckily they're not as quick as the drone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Go to the last few seconds of video. One of them absolutely hates it! Not too bad though, luckily they're not as quick as the drone :)

Looked to be out for blood:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Nice footage, what editing software are you using?

Advertisement