Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 1 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

It happens all the time. They wait for the official gamebook to confirm the scores.

I lost a game last year because they changed a rush to a reception

Will be going 7-1 if Matt Cassel doesn't score 37 points tonight

Picked up Scott Chandler, Rob Bironas and the Titans D and they scored 15.5, 13 and 16

Pick up of Roy Helu slightly less successful with 2 points

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Another loss this week. Hit a really bad run and can't fecking buy a win at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

5 weeks of the regular season to play in fantasyland and the playoffs are looking like this

(1) Inchicore Warriors (7-1) bye

(4) Packer Whackers (4-4) v (5) Stompers (6-2)

(3) Dolfans (5-3) v Spawn of Spongey (5-3)

(2) Cork Eagles (6-2) bye

One team on 5-3 not in the playoffs is Dundalk Oriels and a couple of teams on 4-4 still in the hunt. Would also say that anyone who is 3-5 is only 2 games off the wild card spots so with a good run can easily make it.

Bobo's Clowns is currently 16th and as the only inactive player (Sep 15th last activity) will be removed from the league at the end of the season. Well done to everyone else for the consistent activity in division 1

State of play going into MNF...

The closest game is Lucan Liverbirds (3-5) v Cork Eagles (6-3). Eagles currently lead by 0.58 with means if Marion Barber (Chicago) gets 6 yards (or more) than the Liverbirds get the win

Dolfans (5-3) currently lead The Wildcats (3-5) by 17. Dolfans are finished while Matt Forte and Devin Hester go tonight for the Wildcats. Will be close...

Muppeteers (2-6) currently lead Dublin Blades (4-4) by 30 points but the Blades do have 3 going tonight. LeSean McCoy, Jason Avant and Alex Henery have their work cut out but its not impossible.

Super Best friends (3-5) head division leaders Packer Whackers (4-4) by 28 points. The Whackers only have the Bears DST to go tonight so its unlikely they’ll get the win, but if Vick has an off day...

Spawn of Spongey leads New York Rebels by 70. Rebels only have Michael Vick left so if he has the greatest game of all time, he could sneak it. I’ll go ahead and predict that Spongey will go to ( 5-3) and the Rebels will stand at (2-6)

Results

The Inchicore Warriors have gone 8-1. Mehtastic (3-6) is finished. I’m 25 points ahead with Jeremy Maclin to come tonight

Dundalk Oriels (6-3) have beaten Stompers (6-3). 5 points ahead with De Sean Jackson to come.

The Ironsides (5-4) have beaten the no-show Bobo’s Clowns (2-7). 47 points ahead with Robbie Gould to come.

• Advertisement

Chances of the play-offs finally wiped out this week for sure. On a 5 game losing streak that I just can't seem to break.

Lost by 4.80 points this week. Baldwin and Hester combined for 4.50 points while I had Julio Jones and his 28.40 points sitting on the bench :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭raddo

Dolfans just scrapped though!!
    So lucky that you had Jones on the bench Frisbee..

Frisbee wrote: »
    Chances of the play-offs finally wiped out this week for sure. On a 5 game losing streak that I just can't seem to break.

Lost by 4.80 points this week. Baldwin and Hester combined for 4.50 points while I had Julio Jones and his 28.40 points sitting on the bench :mad:

If you were in any other group i'd say your playoff chances were gone but you're in group 2 and only one game off the leader at 4-5 (last years nfc west :D). Hard to believe that someone at 4-5 is in the playoffs and someone at 6-3 currently stands outside the playoffs but hey thats the luck of the draw

Current playoff standings with 4 weeks to go

1. Inchicore Warriors (8-1)
    2. Cork Eagles (6-3)
    3. Dolfans (6-3)
    4. Packer Whackers (4-5)
    5. Stompers (6-3)
    6. Spawn of Spongey (6-3)

in the hunt....Dundalk Oriels (6-3), The Ironsides (5-4)

With 4 weeks to go there is probably teams further back that can still get in if results went their way and of course there are two 3-6 teams in group 2 only a game off the group lead

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Raoul

1. Inchicore Warriors (8-1)
    2. Cork Eagles (6-3)
    3. Dolfans (6-3)
    4. Packer Whackers (4-5)
    5. Stompers (6-3)
    6. Spawn of Spongey (6-3)

in the hunt....Dundalk Oriels (6-3), The Ironsides (5-4)

With 4 weeks to go there is probably teams further back that can still get in if results went their way and of course there are two 3-6 teams in group 2 only a game off the group lead

Ah feck it. I was looking at the rankings and thought I was grand. Big game for me next week against dolfans. Both of us 6-3 in the same division. I am on a three game winning streak. But I am away on holidays next week so the next two weeks could be a bit dodgy.

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Ah feck it. I was looking at the rankings and thought I was grand. Big game for me next week against dolfans. Both of us 6-3 in the same division. I am on a three game winning streak. But I am away on holidays next week so the next two weeks could be a bit dodgy.

Yeah, you're appearing up as 6th in the rankings but obviously Packer Whackers as div 2 leader knocks you out of playoffs, lots of time to go before the end of the regular season so plenty of time for changes

Would be funny to see someone sneak into the play offs with a losing record and then win the whole thing with 2/3 great weeks

Dodge wrote: »
    Would be funny to see someone sneak into the play offs with a losing record and then win the whole thing with 2/3 great weeks

No it wouldn't :mad:.

Well unless its me:pac:

Badly need a win this week to keep me out of the relegation places but can't see it happening, just can't seem to break this losing streak.

The pre-Monday Night Football State of Play

Inchicore Warriors will be expected to overtake the Lucan Liverbirds this evening. Currently 10.46 behind, they have Rodgers and Finley tonight for GB while the Liverbirds are finished

Stompers need 2 points from the Packers D to overcome Bobo’s Clowns

In a battle of 6-3 teams, Dolfans need 24.3 from Adrian Peterson to overtake Dundalk Oriels. Could be very close as these battle for division lead

Spawn of Spongey need 5.9 from Jordy Nelson to overtake The Ironsides and claim top spot in their division

The Dublin Blades have almost sealed victory over The Wildcats who are 68 behind with only Greg Jennings left

Likewise Super Best Friends are done but have a 49 point lead over New York Rebels with only Ryan Grant to come

Muppeteers have beaten Cork Eagles. They’re 7 ahead with Percy Harvin to come while the Eagles have finished

And in the only game that is actual finished, Packer Wackers have beaten Mehtastic by 43 points, reaching .500 and solifying his Division lead

The Dublin Blades have almost sealed victory over The Wildcats who are 68 behind with only Greg Jennings left

I have faith in you Greg!! :p

1 (1) Inchicore Warriors (9-1)
    2 (6) Spawn of Spongey (7-3)
    3 (NE) Dundalk Oriels (7-3)
    4 (4) Packer Whackers (5-5)
    5 (5) Stompers (7-3)
    6 (2) Cork Eagles (6-4)

in the hunt....Dolfans (6-4), The Ironsides (5-5), Dublin Blades (5-5), Super Best Friends (5-5), Muppeteers (4-6)

3 weeks to go and it looks like Inchicore are almost certain of their playoff place, the next step for him will be to secure the first round bye and automatic promotion to the premier. After that its really tight for the rest of the playoff spots with 5 teams currently outside the playoff spots within one game of the playoff positions

In a battle of 6-3 teams, Dolfans need 24.3 from Adrian Peterson to overtake Dundalk Oriels. Could be very close as these battle for division lead

Adrian couldn't drag Dolfans over the line this week, but ultimately it was Cam Newton's low numbers that cost me dearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Things really hotting up. My last 3 games are all agains tteams vying for the playoffs but Larr.

Larry Fitz and Brandon Llyod are both getting hot at the right time and my opponents have been hit a little

Dundalk will be without Aerian Foster this week which might give me the edge, and last game of the year v Stomper now means I face a side without their QB in Matt Schaub and thankfully he has jack all to back him up.

Mightdo a greenbay sneaking in at the end and winnign it all :p

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've hit a wall the great start I had is now proving to be a god send as ive only won one of the last four(I think) having gone perfect for the first five, six weeks.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've hit a wall the great start I had is now proving to be a god send as ive only won one of the last four(I think) having gone perfect for the first five, six weeks.

I couldn't buy a win at this stage. The loss of Kenny Britt so early killed me as my WR is pretty poor (Jennings aside). Coupled with the fact at how much of a let down Flacco has been it looks like I'll be saying hello to Division 2 next year :mad:

Current playoff standings with 2 weeks to go

1 (1) Inchicore Warriors (10-1)
    2 (2) Spawn of Spongey (8-3)
    3 (NE) Dolfans (7-4)
    4 (4) Packer Whackers (5-6)
    5 (6) Cork Eagles (7-4)
    6 (5) Stompers (7-4)

Playoff/Relegation battle
    Subdivision 1
    Inchicore Warriors has already secured the win in this group and with it a first round bye and promotion to the Premier League. Behind him Stompers is currently in one of the wildcard spots at 7-4. Lucan Liverbirds at 5-6 has an unlikely mathematical chance of making the playoffs but is only one game above the current relegation mark of 4-7. Mehtastic is currently in the relegation zone in 13th place with 4-7.

Subdivision 2
    This group reminds us of last years NFC West. Packer Whackers are currently in the lead with a below par record of 5-6. Only the group winners here will get into the playoffs and the Muppeteers at 4-7 are in a position to challenge for that playoff spot. The Wildcats are currently in 14th place at 3-8 and in the relegation zone but amazingly is still in with a mathematical chance of winning the group and snatching that playoff spot. New York Rebels lie in 15th place at 2-9 and whilst still in with a chance of avoiding relegation he will need to win both remaining games and hope for other results to go his way.

Subdivision 3
    A three way battle in this group has Dolfans currently leading the group at 7-4 on points scored. Dundalk Oriels lie in second place in the group at 7-4 and is currently one place outside the wildcard spots on points scored. The Ironsides lie one game further back at 6-5 and are still in with a chance of making the playoffs. One thing for certain is that Bobo's Clowns will be removed from the Boards league for inactivity. He currently lies in 16th spot at 2-9

Subdivision 4
    Spawn of Spongey currently leads the group at 8-3 and is the current No. 2 seed in the playoffs. Long time leaders of the group Cork Eagles are a game back at 7-4 and are currently in one of the wildcard spots. Dublin Blades at 6-5 are also in with a chance of the playoffs. Super Best Friends at 5-6 whilst still in with a mathematical chance of grabbing a wildcard spot should look over its shoulder at the relegation battle as well.

Two weeks to go and all to play for :D:D:D

What's the story with the playoffs??
    Not counting my Dolfans chickens as yet but how does it work?
    Do players on teams that are not involved become FA's or are they just forgotten about?

raddo wrote: »
    Do players on teams that are not involved become FA's or are they just forgotten about?

No, the players are locked into those teams. Some leagues have a consolotion bracket to keep players involved

raddo wrote: »

Players stay on the teams they are on now and dont become FAs unless the owner drops them. The trade deadline as well is Friday 25th November.

Just one more win!

Just ONE!

It's not too much to ask for :pac:

really hotting up for me now.

Defeated one playoff potential team in Dundalk Oriels last week, and face two teams in the current playoff spots in the last two Dolfans then Stompers.

So my chances of making the playoffs are severly diminished. Hopefully I can make it but I think I will be looking back at this season and thinking that Win that got taken away from me with a stat correction and losing to the inactive Bobos clowns before the bye weeks kicked in and when he actually had a full team stoped my chances of glory.

hopefully Im wrong though.

Can't believe I got beat this week, Dundalk oriels. I had the second top score. Came up against Tom Brady and green Ellis and helu. Going to have a lot to do to get to the playoffs now.

Raoul wrote: »
    Can't believe I got beat this week, Dundalk oriels. I had the second top score. Came up against Tom Brady and green Ellis and helu. Going to have a lot to do to get to the playoffs now.

i should beat your divisional rival Dolfans though (despite doing my best to lose) so you will still be level with Ironsides i suspect going into the last game a win and a defeat for them and your in.

• Advertisement

The pre-Monday Night Football State of Play

Dublin Blades go into Monday night with a 12.50 point advantage over Dolfans. Both teams have one player left Blades with John Kasay and Dolfans with Brandon Jacobs. It will be close but Dublin Blades should just hold on.

Stompers are almost home and dry against Spawn of Spongey unless Jake Ballard can over turn a 25 point buffer. Oh and thats on top of any points Lance Moore might get for Stompers too. Stompers all but home and hosed.

Super Best Friends are finished and hold a 25 point lead over the inactive Bobo's Clowns that said an upset although unlikey is still on the cards as the Clowns sitll have Henderson and Meechem to go. I would expect Super Best Friends will win out

In an already completed game Cork Eagles have defeated Dundalk Oriels

Probably the most keenly contested game going into Monday pitts Mehtastic against The Ironsides. The gap is currently 9.74 but if Eli Manning can outscore Jimmy Graham by that much then a great win to shake up the playoff picture could occur.

Number 1 seed Inchicore Warriors have already won against The Wildcats the number crunching will happen after all the results are in but that might just have relegated the Wildcats aswell.

Lucan Liverbirds have a 15 point lead with Victor Cruz to go against New York Rebels who have Hakim Nicks only unforseen circumstances will prevent a Lucan win and I believe that will mean relegation for the Rebels

Packer Whackers V Muppeteers is going right down to the wire. the gap is about 2.6 points right now in favour of the Muppeteers who have Drew Brees to go . THe Whackers have Darren Sproles and Marcus Colston still to go. Yikes its anybodies game.

Advertisement