Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Potential very warm spell ahead

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

i'm sure you'll have the highest temperatures next week too:P)

I probably will:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Woo! .... SOme good dog waLKIN WEATHER fiNALLY!

Better go get my hey fever injection soon! hA
    :cool:

Injection? I just use those antihistamine tabs...... didnt know there were injections! How long do they last? My hay fever usually kicks in in late summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Ah was hoping for some high 20's at least with lots of humidity. My tropical blood is craving some hell like weather. I can deal with the extreme cold but i hate this mid to high teens crap. Even the low 20's never feels that warm. I'm normally the stupid looking spic in a zipped up hoody while every Irish person is in shorts and vests.

Ah was hoping for some high 20's at least with lots of humidity. My tropical blood is craving some hell like weather. I can deal with the extreme cold but i hate this mid to high teens crap. Even the low 20's never feels that warm. I'm normally the stupid looking spic in a zipped up hoody while every Irish person is in shorts and vests.

Yea i noticed that as-well last week when we hit 21c here with a breeze it felt as it is now without a breeze at 5c,i think that 26c would probably begin to feel warm with NO wind.. and the first place to hit that will be that london and then they will be telling the whole world!!?! while i was the first area to reach 20c!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

flutered wrote: »
    around my neck of the woods one always have hard dry weather while the blackthorn is starting to bloom, until it finishes frlowering, then one gets soft weather for about 2 weeks until the whitethorn starts to blossom, then it is hard again until it finishes flowering.

Blackthorn is starting in lower places.

Not up here yet.

• Advertisement

irishdub14 wrote: »
    Injection? I just use those antihistamine tabs...... didnt know there were injections! How long do they last? My hay fever usually kicks in in late summer.

The injections have dubious write ups... There is a web site for all that... Irish health or something like that!..Great discussions re hay fever and its treatments.
    My hay fever started weeks ago. Pine and grass pollen.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

i'd love for that weather to stableise over the May bank holiday weekend

*crosses fingers*

me too!! i'm getting married on the bank holiday monday and i've had actual nightmares that it was totally lashing. of course it doesn't really matter but it'd be nice to have some sun! :D

*eadaoin wrote: »
    me too!! i'm getting married on the bank holiday monday and i've had actual nightmares that it was totally lashing. of course it doesn't really matter but it'd be nice to have some sun! :D

Awww... Please God the sun shines on you that day... Bright and clear and warm...

Get the prettiest umbrella you can find and dress it for the day as insurance..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Looking forward to this warmth and sun - bring it on! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭pauldry

Dont think this will be a heatwave just a couple of days in the first half of next week that will be warm. After this things look less certain and a bit cooler but if your in the South and East youll get the best of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Hi all got married there last week :) should be in SA, here i am instead on lunch break at work:( anyhow going next Friday dublin to heathrow, any one any clue what way the wind will be going there by then? cheers cretin..

looks a bit better now for next week though the midweek period will see some rain or showers in the North and West. The distant forecast for the Bank Holiday is looking quite promising

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Hey people,

So we still looking at 20's by monday or is it a different story now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Hey people,

So we still looking at 20's by monday or is it a different story now?

Judging by the Met Éireann forecast it will be nowhere near. I'd trust boardsies more than them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

from the charts im looking at it wont get anywhere near 20c looking at 15c top's,in fact after midweek it looks progressively cooler with high's of 12c :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

yeah the forecast on rte was rubbish.hopefully theyll be wrong again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yeah a false alarm, looks like same as is more or less.

jambofc wrote: »
    from the charts im looking at it wont get anywhere near 20c looking at 15c top's,in fact after midweek it looks progressively cooler with high's of 12c :(

We don't even get above 12c here!:( The only place to get warm will be that rotton southeast (and you know the one!) they will be getting 23-24c!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭ClonmelHills

df1985 wrote: »
    yeah the forecast on rte was rubbish.hopefully theyll be wrong again!
    you reckon it won't rain over weekend.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

owenc wrote: »
    We don't even get above 12c here!:( The only place to get warm will be that rotton southeast (and you know the one!) they will be getting 23-24c!:rolleyes:

I think I'll clean up the bbq this weekend, might even do the dinner on it. Tis a pity they don't have a mocking smilies :pac:

I think I'll clean up the bbq this weekend, might even do the dinner on it. Tis a pity they don't have a mocking smilies :pac:

Am suntanned already here; sheltered and so warm yesterday so took my work outside.

Still High Pressure dominates the models so dry is going to dominate overall just small amounts of rain mainly in the North and West for the next 7 to 10 days.

If it stays dry it dont matter that its not too warm. Though the garden isnt growing.

pauldry wrote: »
    Still High Pressure dominates the models so dry is going to dominate overall just small amounts of rain mainly in the North and West for the next 7 to 10 days.

If it stays dry it dont matter that its not too warm. Though the garden isnt growing.

Hated to mention the need for rain for the garden... Am watering heavily now.

met eireann forecast heavy rain next week?

Graces7 wrote: »
    Hated to mention the need for rain for the garden... Am watering heavily now.

met eireann forecast heavy rain next week?

yes every day for me.:rolleyes: some high pressure this is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Ive started watering the grass as the soil is cracking! Lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Some light rain saturday/early sunday I think and then dry again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭flutered

as i have already said one must wait until the quick has blossomed for softness in the weather, mother nature is predictable in some aspects.

managed to get to 17c here under the cloud.. if sun was out we would have some of the temps like london.. maybe 20c today if it keeps rising probably 19c.. will be happy with that anyway.

• Advertisement

yep reached 19.4c here which is quite weird considering its foggy hazy weather today... and if it rains temps will be very high tonight maybe 15c? in which case tomorrow could be very warm.. lol i remember one night on the top of the hill behind me in the summer ( last august) it was 18c at the top of the hill behind me at 4am and it was 20c at my house and that was at night!! omg!

Advertisement