Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowboarding gear

• 11-10-2018 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

I'm looking for snowboarding gear for a first trip.

What do I need? Jacket, salopettes, gloves.. Do I need to get a helmet, boots and board or hire them at the resort?

Where's the best place to buy for range, value and advice - Belfast or Dublin?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Snowboarding gear (board, bindings, boots, helmet) is expensive stuff to buy.

As a first timer you should just hire your board, boots and helmet over there

If you take to it and definitely see it as something you can see yourself doing for the foreseeable future then look into buying your own gear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

get wrist guards as you will fall a bit for the first couple of days get a crash pants to protect your coccyx if you fall badly on your ass but mainly so you can sit on the snow and not have your ass get cold. I bought them all online. I also bought chrap knee pads but you don't really need them again they were handy to keep your knees from getting cold when kneeling.

Also forget the gloves you will be getting mittens! I got mine in TK max for twenty euros.

Advertisement