Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox sky player.

• 27-06-2010 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

Is the sky player on the xbox free?
    Theres a sky box in the house already but i want to be able to watch telly in my room.
    can you just download it and use it or what must you do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Yeah, just download it and link that sky membership number to your xbox account and you're set to go.

If you have Sky Movies on the card, you'll have access to a huge backlog of movies through the sky player. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Yeah, just download it and link that sky membership number to your xbox account and you're set to go.

If you have Sky Movies on the card, you'll have access to a huge backlog of movies through the sky player. Enjoy
    cheers.
    ive only basic sky package. does that mean il have the same on the player?

garv123 wrote: »
    cheers.
    ive only basic sky package. does that mean il have the same on the player?

Yeah, you'll be limited to only a few channels then. Sky Player doesn't offer everything a Sky Box does, which is a shame because I'm sure it could offer every channel.

Just been on youtube looking it up there and it said if you didnt download it before you cant use it now :( they stopped it over too many problems or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I thought one had to have Multiroom to use the Sky Player on the Xbox?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jordananderson

multi room not needed. all you need is a gold account and your sky account details to migrate the info to the xbox. if you don't have a sky account you can get it through the xbox (without sky box or account) by paying by CC just follow the info on the blades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

multi room not needed. all you need is a gold account and your sky account details to migrate the info to the xbox. if you don't have a sky account you can get it through the xbox (without sky box or account) by paying by CC just follow the info on the blades.

Sound. I've Sky+ downstairs and an Xbox with Gold upstairs. I should be able to use the Sky player then yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭coadyd

I have xbox GOLD account . But do ot have sky . But my Dad has sky full package could i use his account details to set it up on my xbox . Also he lives in a different county would this be an issue?

coadyd wrote: »
    I have xbox GOLD account . But do ot have sky . But my Dad has sky full package could i use his account details to set it up on my xbox . Also he lives in a different county would this be an issue?

Shouldn't be an issue, should work just fine for you.

you must have the sky player already downloaded:mad:
    they removerd it so you cant download it anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Try here OP http://skyplayer.sky.com/watch/xbox360/

In order to view Sky on your Xbox you need a gold membership and have Sky multiroom or you can buy a Sky sub for 3 months.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9240201/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/c_2/2|cat_14419738|Xbox+360|14419847/c_3/3|cat_14419847|Xbox+360+accessories|14419856.htm

Really good deal in Argos at the moment. €14.99 for 3 months of Sports and Entertainment package with a universal remote.

If you don't have multiroom it may be worth stocking up on a few of these. I'm not sure if there's a movies sub pack though.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

That_Guy wrote: »
    Try here OP http://skyplayer.sky.com/watch/xbox360/

In order to view Sky on your Xbox you need a gold membership and have Sky multiroom or you can buy a Sky sub for 3 months.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9240201/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/c_2/2|cat_14419738|Xbox+360|14419847/c_3/3|cat_14419847|Xbox+360+accessories|14419856.htm

Really good deal in Argos at the moment. €14.99 for 3 months of Sports and Entertainment package with a universal remote.

That package only includes a one month Sky Code and a 3 month xbox live code. I've been buying the codes on there own from here and havn't had any problems:
    http://cheapxboxlivecodes.com/xbox-live-gold-subscription-codes/xbox-live-sky-card/

Work out at a little over 6 euro a month. For some reason it says you only get sports but I've been able to watch the movie channels too without paying extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robbeardsley

Loving this during the WC, what with all the "Footballs Greatest" on backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

coadyd wrote: »

no it isnt an issue

My family have the full sky package back in ireland but i am currently living in London and am using it, there's no issue as sky by default allows you to have sky player on 5 computers and 1 xbox, but only 1 computer and 1 xbox can be used at a time, regardless of where you are.

The movie package is seriously the best reason for it, I havnt touched much else on it.

On setting it up, I see nothing on it being not downloadable to new users and they still advertise it too (http://skyplayer.sky.com/watch/xbox360/)

I found it easier to set up sky player on a pc or mac first and then just fill in your log on details to the xbox version much quicker then trying to link it with the card etc on the xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

That_Guy wrote: »

I don't have multiroom and I'm running Sky Player on the xbox and the PC just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

mgsrocks wrote: »
    That package only includes a one month Sky Code and a 3 month xbox live code. I've been buying the codes on there own from here and havn't had any problems:
    http://cheapxboxlivecodes.com/xbox-live-gold-subscription-codes/xbox-live-sky-card/

Work out at a little over 6 euro a month. For some reason it says you only get sports but I've been able to watch the movie channels too without paying extra.
    I've looked into getting one of these codes because I would love to access the Movies, but I was under the impression that Movies were not included in these vouchers? Now I believe that you will get access to the Movies if you are a current Sky Movies subscriber but I am not, I only have the entertainment package.

I have been told that Sky give you the option to get access to the Movies for a further €9.50 after you use a voucher. Can anyone confirm this?

Edit: Sorry, you were the same person as was talking to other on the BA thread. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 POP A WHEEL1E

im still confused here sky say on the xbox you need a multiroom account
    im just afraid if i go ahead with the sign in they will start charging me multiroom on my bill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

im still confused here sky say on the xbox you need a multiroom account
    im just afraid if i go ahead with the sign in they will start charging me multiroom on my bill?

They wont... Sky go is free on XBOX, iPad, iPhone, PC etc... No need for multiroom sub

I use it and there's no charge. Just obviously no PVR

• Registered Users Posts: 3 POP A WHEEL1E

They wont... Sky go is free on XBOX, iPad, iPhone, PC etc... No need for multiroom sub

I use it and there's no charge. Just obviously no PVR

cheers dude i just needed reasurance lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

i dont have multiroom
    and i can use it without being billed the extra few quid :)
    dont have sports though might get that sky code:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement