Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Can anybody confirm if the offer is available in store? And also why people are hesitating to port their actual number to Vodafone? I'm thinking of porting over and then back on the same day?

Think it takes a couple of days to port number over not sure how long to port back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,435 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bought an eir sim today for a tenner, just bought this phone, says it will take 2 days to port but I'm tossing the sim as soon as the phone arrives. Was waiting for black Friday deal for a phone but this seems great, especially replacing a One Plus 3 which has become so slow.

Thanks again OP!

Can anybody confirm if the offer is available in store? And also why people are hesitating to port their actual number to Vodafone? I'm thinking of porting over and then back on the same day?

When they started advertising the offer a few weeks ago, no shops had stock, and some said they hadn't had any stock of that device for a long time. They may have had a delivery since then, though.

I heard a rumour that somebody ordered the phone, set the port date for sometime a few days away, received the phone and decided they weren't going to keep it. They then cancelled the port, but suddenly had a change of mind about returning the phone.

Somehow ended up with the phone without even porting a number. YMMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Evil_g

I checked in store on Henry St. (Dublin) and they hadn't had any in stock for ages, didn't know whether they'd be back, and didn't even know they were available online.

So I just bought one online using an Eir sim .

Thanks OP.

Ordered the phone yesterday and arrived today :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Cheers!

Anyone having issues receiving the activation code?

Who is your sim with?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Anyone know if this is active dual sim (as opposed to dual sim standby)?

Danny2580 wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is active dual sim (as opposed to dual sim standby)?

I read it's single sim which seems to be the only downside i saw when reading specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭loki7777

Single sim + esim. Another downside is lack on sd card slot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

It does mention somewhere full dual sim support with android 10, but can't seem to find out if that applies to this model, I'm abroad with a poor wifi connection, hard to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Is the free unlimited Google Photos storage still applicable with new Pixel 3a?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 naglycd

Danny2580 wrote: »
    It does mention somewhere full dual sim support with android 10, but can't seem to find out if that applies to this model, I'm abroad with a poor wifi connection, hard to find out.

Android 10 support Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) so Google Pixel 3a support that as well but you do not use physical SIM in this case.
    Not many mobile provides have eSIM cards in Europe... simply search for `ireland esim support` I do not see any in Ireland.. so for now this is more likely single sim phone.. It will take a year or two before the operators will realize that eSIM technology exist

brimal wrote: »
    Is the free unlimited Google Photos storage still applicable with new Pixel 3a?

No, and I think Google are ending it for all devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/google-pixel-3a-pay-as-you-go-just-black

Ok so this seems like a great deal for a very good mid range phone with a flagship camera in it, €399 on the google store at the moment and it will drop to at least €349 on black friday but I cannot see it getting as cheap as €249.

Review here https://www.tomsguide.com/us/google-pixel-3a,review-6452.html

Ok so the deal is only valid if you are porting you number to vodafone, so I just ordered a free sim from eir which I received in a few days, popped in my eir sim to get the verification code then put my 3 sim back in and completed my purchase.

So I picked up a €10 eir sim on the way home from work and took out my current eir sim and replaced it with the new one.
    How exactly do I get this verification code? At some stage in the purchase process are you asked for this verification code?
    When ordering the phone do I choose the option to say I am a Vodafone customer or not?

So I picked up a €10 eir sim on the way home from work and took out my current eir sim and replaced it with the new one.
    How exactly do I get this verification code? At some stage in the purchase process are you asked for this verification code?
    When ordering the phone do I choose the option to say I am a Vodafone customer or not?

When you go to buy it, choose the option moving to Vodafone which will update the price to 250. Next page will ask for your current provider and phone number. There will be a button to send verification number. Took me a few seconds to receive mine. Enter the code and you'll be allowed to continue with the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Cheers Zero-Cool!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

Is this locked to Vodafone? I know Google phones are unlocked but some people in work said the Vodafone ones will have Vodafone apps and stuff on it and be locked.
    Anybody avail of the offer and let us know?

AndyOHart wrote: »
    Is this locked to Vodafone? I know Google phones are unlocked but some people in work said the Vodafone ones will have Vodafone apps and stuff on it and be locked.

Ordered mine Tuesday night. Status is currently 'waiting to dispatch'. Someone had posted already that's it's fully unlocked and worked with their 3 sim but I'll be testing it as soon as mine arrives.

AndyOHart wrote: »

No Vodafone apps, and the phone is unlocked.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ordered mine Tuesday night. Status is currently 'waiting to dispatch'. Someone had posted already that's it's fully unlocked and worked with their 3 sim but I'll be testing it as soon as mine arrives.

Their tracking is rubbish. One of my orders said it was still processing, and I got a call from my local Vodafone shop to say it was ready for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Basil3 wrote: »
    Their tracking is rubbish. One of my orders said it was still processing, and I got a call from my local Vodafone shop to say it was ready for collection.

Thanks for this. Mine said still processing. I'll give them a call. How long did it take for yours to arrive in store after you ordered?

Basil3 wrote: »

Mine switched to 'completed - shipped' today so hopefully get it tomorrow or Monday!

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Thanks for this. Mine said still processing. I'll give them a call. How long did it take for yours to arrive in store after you ordered?

The one in the store was the next day, I think. My first order took 9 days to my house. Both were delivered the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 naglycd

Did anyone got white one? Just wondering if white one was ever in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭wilser

Would this be a better buy than a pixel 2xl?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭long_b

wilser wrote: »
    Would this be a better buy than a pixel 2xl?

I'd go with the 2XL all day (at tje same price)

https://youtu.be/nAVeNl-qis8

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bargainboy

how would i go about getting this phone as i am already a vodaphone pay as you go customer and they would have my details and the name and address would match on my credit card would match the name of my vodaphone payg account i have a couple of lyca phone sims so no trouble there ,all help appreciated thanks .

bargainboy wrote: »
    how would i go about getting this phone as i am already a vodaphone pay as you go customer and they would have my details and the name and address would match on my credit card would match the name of my vodaphone payg account i have a couple of lyca phone sims so no trouble there ,all help appreciated thanks .

I don't think you'd have any problem regarding already being a customer. You might have a problem using a Lyca SIM, though. I'm not sure they'll accept it.

The easiest way to find out is just try it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭loki7777

long_b wrote: »
    I'd go with the 2XL all day (at tje same price)

https://youtu.be/nAVeNl-qis8

Where?

Advertisement