Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie meet up goes south?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

lol guilty! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ok deadly loads of interest, heres an idea if yer interested, I live in the sticks bout 40 min drive (1/2 hr on the train) outside cork, we've a huge garden and field with the house so if ye'd like we could have a barbeque at my place and everyone can camp around the house in the garden or field if they liked (we've even got an outside toilet in the barn). The countryside around me is lovely and if we had a few cars we could transport everyone no bother.
    We could always have a day around the city and then head out to the house later on in the evening after doing the markets etc..
    Got 4 cats, a kitten and a sheepdog for free cuddles too!
    Sounds cool, will have to borrow my friends tent and sleeping bag again. Heaven forfend I actually buy my own one day. :p
    Did I mention my 5 gallons of homebrewed apple and elderflower wine is gonna be ready this week too....
    Ooooh, tent friend also making wine, from rasberries or something. SOunds like a good summer!
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    You had me at kitten cuddles. :P
    I have 5 kittens. :p
    God they are cute, I watch them so much just running around tricking each other.
    Just a small word of warning.
    The person who drives up front when I drive, gets to see the life threathening opportunities coming first. :P
    Sweet! Can't be worse than me, I'm a learner. Let me drive, gwannn. hehe
    Going out to practice in anticipation now. ;)
    You should check out the MeetUp.com folks - organized by the Irish Vegetarian Society but you don't have to be a member, just a member on MeetUp .com (free). They just had a weekend away in the Mourne mountains last weekend.

http://vegetarian.meetup.com/485/

I've been to a few of the Dublin ones - nice folks, slightly greater spread of ages...and looks like a bit of a cross pollination already, guessing from the name of the newest member :)
    I'll just sign up to it now, to try and get them on boards, haha.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Signed up...see a few familiar faces..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Well I'm not occupied in any particular way, so whatever is decided on, I will mots likely be able to come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Ok deadly loads of interest, heres an idea if yer interested, I live in the sticks bout 40 min drive (1/2 hr on the train) outside cork, we've a huge garden and field with the house so if ye'd like we could have a barbeque at my place and everyone can camp around the house in the garden or field if they liked (we've even got an outside toilet in the barn). The countryside around me is lovely and if we had a few cars we could transport everyone no bother.
    We could always have a day around the city and then head out to the house later on in the evening after doing the markets etc..
    Got 4 cats, a kitten and a sheepdog for free cuddles too!

If this happens sometime after August 18th, I'd love to come fraternise with your kittens! Otherwise I'll just have to hope for a Galway one. Which leads me too...

Edit: didn't notice your offer to be a cook for us all there DonnieScribbles! That changes everything ;)*woohooo vegan food*
    Hostel would be fun if we have a few going. :)

Here's a Galway based idea: Everyone stays in Kinlay Hostel (think it's the cheapest central hostel) and then gets the bus and ferry out to the Aran Islands and one night camping out there? The place next door to the Kinlay sells the tickets... And I can cook for everyone! It'd be fun :pac:
    But ye should probably organise your Cork one first!

• Advertisement

OK I can't do this weekend, but the next few weekends after that should be grand, Tar can you set up one of those polls to see which weekend people want to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

You guys lost me at "hostel". Any nice 5 star hotels in the area? :)

If this happens sometime after August 18th, I'd love to come fraternise with your kittens! Otherwise I'll just have to hope for a Galway one. Which leads me too...

Here's a Galway based idea: Everyone stays in Kinlay Hostel (think it's the cheapest central hostel) and then gets the bus and ferry out to the Aran Islands and one night camping out there? The place next door to the Kinlay sells the tickets... And I can cook for everyone! It'd be fun :pac:
    But ye should probably organise your Cork one first!
    Wouldn't mind that at all, all my friends in NUIG went but I was too emo at the time and missed it. Would be nice to get a chance to go out there. Anybody know how to make fire? :-p
    Market/shopping/camping, would be cool.
    OK I can't do this weekend, but the next few weekends after that should be grand, Tar can you set up one of those polls to see which weekend people want to do?
    Yeah sure, ya lazy bugger.
    Slaphead07 wrote: »
    You guys lost me at "hostel". Any nice 5 star hotels in the area? :)
    I could tell you but then you would have to pay for my room!
    Hehe, I imagine there are a few hotels that the more affluent vegetarian would deign to stay at.

Hehe, I imagine there are a few hotels that the more affluent vegetarian would deign to stay at.

I've saved up a lot of money by not eating meat for nearly 30 years!

So in 25 years I'll be minted. Sweet. :)

• Advertisement

yes "minted"... you'll be farting through silk.:rolleyes:

Not if I become vegan to save even more money. :p

Yeah sure, ya lazy bugger.

Sh*t sorry Tar didn't realise a mere pleb like myself could start one! Thought it was only possible for you special types :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

hey just saw this, feck sake, how long was i gone!!! dont have time to read through everything but are we goin ta cork? woot woot! road trip! :D
    id love to go, id even get a babysitter! go mental like!
    hehe

hostel wud be so much fun! when when when???

One of the next few weekends after this one coming, got to do a poll n see when ppl are able to go!

Right hippies I made a poll there so get voting! I picked the dates cos I'm assuming we're going ahead with the camping trip at my place and these weekends suit me with work (I'll be on my holidays), either way the weather is supposed to be getting better now so woo hoo!

...I'm assuming we're going ahead with the camping trip at my place...

No seriously, is there a hotel nearby? That said I'm not even sure if I can go yet.

No it's the countryside, camping and a BBQ was the cheapy option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I sadly work weekends but would be up for popping along to anything in Cork :)

Sh*t sorry Tar didn't realise a mere pleb like myself could start one! Thought it was only possible for you special types :P
    Good girl. :p
    maameeo wrote: »
    hey just saw this, feck sake, how long was i gone!!! dont have time to read through everything but are we goin ta cork? woot woot! road trip! :D
    id love to go, id even get a babysitter! go mental like!
    hehe

hostel wud be so much fun! when when when???
    Just vote for your fav, I'm not voting cos any of those weekends are fine.
    Hostel or camping would be cool! Drive down and let me drive your car. hehe
    Right hippies I made a poll there so get voting! I picked the dates cos I'm assuming we're going ahead with the camping trip at my place and these weekends suit me with work (I'll be on my holidays), either way the weather is supposed to be getting better now so woo hoo!
    Slaphead07 wrote: »
    No seriously, is there a hotel nearby? That said I'm not even sure if I can go yet.
    No it's the countryside, camping and a BBQ was the cheapy option.
    Hmm, well hostels/hotels would be better if people don't like camping etc ( I don't even have camping gear as it stands :p)
    If people do camping, some can stay camping and some in hotel/hostel perhaps. It should be easy to meet up with phones, have like a bbq, go to a market or whatever. Plus drinking in the same hostel room is great fun at night. heh.
    So waht would be the nearest place to yours if somebody wanted a hostel/hotel? Some people really don't like camping etc and would be good to include everybody.
    taram wrote: »
    I sadly work weekends but would be up for popping along to anything in Cork :)
    Good man(???). We could go for a drink in the evening?
    I've pmed some peeps my number about the last meet, not sure about you and slaphead, so if I haven't I'll let you guys know that too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Not sure i could do this would love to but i cant feckin afford to buy a tent and stuff unless someone has a spare space in a 2-person+ one?:P

Never camped in Ireland before so not even sure what i'd need lol. Still i voted most likely day i could do it...

Buying college stuff sucks tbh!!:mad:

Hmm well you can get a cheap 2man in argos for 12e...lol. 4man for 41, splitsies!. All you really need is a tent and a sleeping bag. We bring a little stove bunsen burner thing sometimes too, and of course food. But that can be picked up in town. We slept 4 popele in a 2 man at the weekend there haha, but we would be comfortable round each other. If camping is not feasable, nothing wrong with a hostel my good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Not sure i could do this would love to but i cant feckin afford to buy a tent and stuff unless someone has a spare space in a 2-person+ one?:P

Never camped in Ireland before so not even sure what i'd need lol. Still i voted most likely day i could do it...

If I'm not going, you're welcome to borrow my 2 man.

Dibs on second man, let's do it! :p

How much can massage oil cost? ;)

I'm sure someone will let you bunk in with them.

Oooh massage oils, haven't bought that in a while, can't imagine buying it for my course!

So, I like lavender and tea tree oil darren. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Arya Happy Voyage

Any day suits me really. I have about 4 spare sleeping bags btw (don't know why), so if someone(s) need a loan of one let me know. Also I have no tent so....

Any day suits me really. I have about 4 spare sleeping bags btw (don't know why), so if someone(s) need a loan of one let me know. Also I have no tent so....

Um, can I have one?
    Also, if enough people need one and cork has an argos we could buy a 4 man or two 2mans or whatever. It's not expensive when you split it and buy the cheap ones. :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

How much can massage oil cost? ;)

I'm sure someone will let you bunk in with them.
    Oh i'm sure of that haha! Dont need to buy any oil i have my own here at home:) Miss tara just sparked off an idea, we got the new argos book today woop! Gonna have a looksie now for cheapo stuff...

• Advertisement

I thought your idea was gonna be a ghey massage. :p

Advertisement