Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New York Jets Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Bilal Powell is also back

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭corner back 2

Jets finally get their man! A new GM caps off a roller coaster of an off season and you would have to say they are in a better position at the end of it. At least we have hope!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Good signing from the sounds of it, the good thing to see imo is a very long contract, means he's been given reassurance that his success isn't tied to Gase I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

From a magazine here:

IMG-6796.jpg

IMG-6797.jpg

IMG-6798.jpg

IMG-6799.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,945 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    From a magazine here:

Thanks. Amusing they start with "it's a critical year for GM Mike Maccagnan." Perhaps a bit out of date :P

• Advertisement

Not much newsworthy in Jets land at the moment, but Saturday, possibly the best player overall in J E T S history is inducted into the HOF. #68, Kevin Mawae. Congratulations, best center the team's ever had and perhaps one of the top 2 or 3 ever.

Not too much noteworthy from last night, starters looked good, depth didn't.... Corners and kickers were poor. Good to have football back though!

Avery Williams out for the season with an ACL injury :(

phatkev wrote: »
    Avery Williams out for the season with an ACL injury :(

Yeah killer, although ILB is the one position where we look ok for depth. Hoping Cashman and another step into the void with a bit of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Carli Lloyd (the first woman to earn a college football scholarship to an NCAA school at the Division II level or higher) has reportedly gotten an offer from a NFL team (possibly 2 teams) to kick in a preseason game Thursday. But Lloyd can’t make it work because the national team plays Portugal that night. She was at the Philadelphia Eagles’ practice last week. Things got serious when she sent a kick sailing 55 yards through the uprights. Lloyd, 37, was on the US Women’s World Cup championship teams in 2015. She was also a two-time FIFA women’s world player of the year. I wonder if the Jets were the team to make the offer?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

From what I've seen she takes a fair run up to her kicks - would be interested to see her in a game situ.

notobtuse wrote: »
    Carli Lloyd (the first woman to earn a college football scholarship to an NCAA school at the Division II level or higher) has reportedly gotten an offer from a NFL team (possibly 2 teams) to kick in a preseason game Thursday. But Lloyd can’t make it work because the national team plays Portugal that night. She was at the Philadelphia Eagles’ practice last week. Things got serious when she sent a kick sailing 55 yards through the uprights. Lloyd, 37, was on the US Women’s World Cup championship teams in 2015. She was also a two-time FIFA women’s world player of the year. I wonder if the Jets were the team to make the offer?

It's just easy headlines, if she was actually getting calls (I doubt it), then so would a thousand male players be giving it a go.

franglan wrote: »
    From what I've seen she takes a fair run up to her kicks - would be interested to see her in a game situ.
    Fair point and was addressed in this article from SI.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/28/carli-lloyd-training-camp-field-goal

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Taylor Bertolet kicks 2 field goals and misses 3 in the Jets' 6-0 win over Eagles.

Last year's kicker Jason Myers was 8-for-9 in the preseason, with three field goals from 50+ yards. The $5.5 million he's making this year from Seattle doesn't look so hefty, now does it?

With all the promise this season, they're still the Jets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

notobtuse wrote: »
    Taylor Bertolet kicks 2 field goals and misses 3 in the Jets' 6-0 win over Eagles.

Last year's kicker Jason Myers was 8-for-9 in the preseason, with three field goals from 50+ yards. The $5.5 million he's making this year from Seattle doesn't look so hefty, now does it?

With all the promise this season, they're still the Jets.

So what you're saying is don't watch the last preaseaon game... Girl this carli one a call so.

Big surprise cutting Polite. Production not there but a lit of beat writers saying that they never used him as a pure pass rusher which is his main strength. The 53 man they released yesterday definitely should change with waiver claims today. The Jets could possibly sign 2 CBs 1 WR 1 kicker 1 OLB and even 1 RB.

Big surprise cutting Polite. Production not there but a lit of beat writers saying that they never used him as a pure pass rusher which is his main strength. The 53 man they released yesterday definitely should change with waiver claims today. The Jets could possibly sign 2 CBs 1 WR 1 kicker 1 OLB and even 1 RB.

Yeah any time I noticed him in the pre season they seemed to be using him as an all around OLB, not really sure why as coming he seemed to be solely suited to a pass rushing roll. Maybe the FO felt they couldn't take a one trick pony onto the 53 given how poor the squad depth is.

The depth at CB, S, Linebacker and O-line has me fairly worried

Fined 100k in his few months with us, unclaimed on waivers and eventually stashed on the Seahawks practice squad.... sounds like he has an awful attitude and wasn't wanted aroudn the place, we didn't even try and stash him on our PS.

hots wrote: »
    Fined 100k in his few months with us, unclaimed on waivers and eventually stashed on the Seahawks practice squad.... sounds like he has an awful attitude and wasn't wanted aroudn the place, we didn't even try and stash him on our PS.

Seems like it was the right thing to do. Not knocked out by waiver signings but they will provide depth. I still think we need a CB or two in the next few days.

Seems like it was the right thing to do. Not knocked out by waiver signings but they will provide depth. I still think we need a CB or two in the next few days.

Yeah I was surprised Dortch didn't hold on to a spot, hoping him and a couple of others sneak back to the PS.

• Advertisement

franglan wrote: »
    So what you're saying is don't watch the last preaseaon game... Girl this carli one a call so.
    Bertolet’s gone. Kaare Vedvik, originally from Norway, is the Jets new kicker. And I understand he can punt, also. He didn’t have a great preseaon, either, but looked good before the start of the 2018 season... which ended before it even started because of an assault that left him with head and facial injuries, and some teeth were knocked out. Well, he's now out of dangers of violent Baltimore for the safety of New York City. :pac:

Poor first half from Jets offence. Sam very shaky behind porous offensive line. He is looking for Bell on every play. 4 turnovers by defence is excellent.

Poor first half from Jets offence. Sam very shaky behind porous offensive line. He is looking for Bell on every play. 4 turnovers by defence is excellent.

Defence has been good, but I cant help feel that if they were playing against a competent QB, they'd be a couple of scores down by now

Seem to be settling in in the 3rd quarter. Only complaint was the roughing penalty that enabled the Bills the FG, very avoidable.

Whether the Jets have a kicking game at all remains to be seen. I have a feeling it's audition time next week. Why is it so difficult to find a kicker...

Jaysus, Mosley goes off and the defence turns to sh1t

ugh, they're going to end up losing this game

What happened to Mosley?

Igotadose wrote: »
    What happened to Mosley?

reported as a groin injury

who'd off knew you'd need CB's to have a half decent defence! Johnson/Roberts are without a doubt the worst set of corners in the league

• Advertisement

"That was as bad a loss as you'll see", Ive definitely heard that somewhere before!

Advertisement