Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭bobbyss

A thing that's annoying me at the moment, checking the recycle bin and finding unwashed milk cartons stinking the place out, FFS! rinse the fecking things out before putting them in the bin.

AND

putting same in bin having washed them out BEFORE they are dried out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

A thing that's annoying me at the moment, checking the recycle bin and finding unwashed milk cartons stinking the place out, FFS! rinse the fecking things out before putting them in the bin. :mad:

And putting empty wrappers/cartons back in to press/fridge.Why?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

dubstarr wrote: »

Laziness, perhaps? :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*insert usual Vodafone rant here*

Gone up there as well is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Irish people who have never set foot in the US with weirdly American accents. You sad sad bunch. You're an embarrassment. Be true to yourself. Stop it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My house is dual aspect. As you can imagine, on days like today with the sun shining on two sides, it gets pretty hot. Have all the windows and external doors open to try and generate a bit of airflow but all I'm getting is slamming doors, horror movie-esque howling noises, leaves blowing in and, of course, fcuking flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Such a strong smell of piss in the ladies bathroom that I genuinely started to think that the smell was coming from me. (it isn't)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Such a strong smell of piss in the ladies bathroom that I genuinely started to think that the smell was coming from me. (it isn't)

Had that this morning, the bathroom here was stinking of ammonia. How is this even possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Me too!

I HATE it. Anytime I'm evem remotely anxious, I start blushing even before I have a chance to say anything worth blushing about.

Drives me nuts.

Also, if it's even 0.1 degrees hotter than usual, my response seems to be to completely dehydrate by sweating every possible drop of fluid out of my face.

Sure why I wouldn't I be sweating. Sure amn't I wearing a tshirt & shorts and sitting indoors?

Unbelievably annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Wine drinkers.

To clarify: those people who drink several glasses of wine on a regular basis, but look down their noses at people who drink beer and spirits.

To clarify even further: Those wine drinkers who can easily and happily put away more than a bottle of wine each evening, but pass judgement on those of us who drink beer and spirits.

One last clarification: Those same wine drinkers who visit Ireland for a week, drink wine every evening while they are here, but then have the nerve to criticise the "drinking culture" in Ireland. We were only drinking every night because you were here on your holiday :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,148 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Wine drinkers.

To clarify: those people who drink several glasses of wine on a regular basis, but look down their noses at people who drink beer and spirits.

To clarify even further: Those wine drinkers who can easily and happily put away more than a bottle of wine each evening, but pass judgement on those of us who drink beer and spirits.

One last clarification: Those same wine drinkers who visit Ireland for a week, drink wine every evening while they are here, but then have the nerve to criticise the "drinking culture" in Ireland. We were only drinking every night because you were here on your holiday :mad:

+100%.
    I know one's similar. The knock back bottles of wine every week. The kids know mammy/daddy need wine time in the evening.
    However if somebody who never drinks at home has a beer at a wedding and the kids are near. They'd call social services on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

madmaggie wrote: »
    Brought back a memory. I worked with a man who said the only good Brit was a dead Brit. I said that's me and my family gone. He back tracked. Nowadays probably be sacked.

Probably said it while wearing a Manchester United jersey too.

The fact the lower case L's and upper case I's look pretty much the same.

Makes typing words like Ill and McIllroy feel weird.

dubstarr wrote: »

The work of Lucifer himself. ''Oh nice one, the purple quality street is still in th....''

F*CK.

Posting three well four posts in a row when there's been no replies. Makes me look like a psycho.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Living with a slob.

Living with a slob.

Ah come on. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

The dirt when you cleanse your face at the end of the day - ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I wish I could detach my arms at night, they get in the way. I end up lying on one and waking with it gone dead. Once it was so dead I couldn't feel it and it fell and smacked me in the head and I actually didn't know what had hit me. Or I end up lying in a Superman pose and wake up with my back hurting.

Is it just not sunny in Cork - it's been a horrible sticky gloomy day :mad:

• Advertisement

It's so dull all day and humid,no drying so I'm starting to use the fecking clothes horses again, pain in the arse.

It's so dull all day and humid,no drying so I'm starting to use the fecking clothes horses again, pain in the arse.

It was a 'duvet day'..

Not that I was in any position to have one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Same here in Salthill in Galway, 22 degrees but darkish and cloudy.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Trial by temperature

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I wish I could detach my arms at night, they get in the way. I end up lying on one and waking with it gone dead. Once it was so dead I couldn't feel it and it fell and smacked me in the head and I actually didn't know what had hit me. Or I end up lying in a Superman pose and wake up with my back hurting.

Same here, I actually woke up one time thinking my arm was broken :O .

Smell of candles after your blow them out.. I have to put them outside.

I'm weird.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Smell of candles after your blow them out.. I have to put them outside.

I'm weird.. :rolleyes:

Oh i love that smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

Someone running a car engine nearly outside my window the last twenty minutes or so..I live on a quiet street normally .....so cop on and drive off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭gifted

Someone running a car engine nearly outside my window the last twenty minutes or so..I live on a quiet street normally .....so cop on and drive off!!!

That's just Autosport.......usually an hour or so of stalking so not long to go now ...lol lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,148 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody has an issue with a product/service and instead of contacting the staff or trying to they go straight to the manager because they like getting people in trouble or trying to get them in trouble.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement