Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UCC Business School

• 27-05-2005 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hey,
    Was just wondering is the biz school at UCC have a good reputation around the college, esp. for accounting? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭embraer170

Business school, what business school? Faculty of Commerce which includes the Department of Management & Marketing and of Accounting, Finance & Information Systems.

I wouldn't say it is has any better or any worse a reputation than any other business/accounting courses in the country.

BSc Accounting is a handy three years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

Im thinking of doing Business information systems next year. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it a good course? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Im thinking of doing Business information systems next year. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it a good course? :confused:

Don't bold your posts please. They'll be read in normal font ;)

My flatmate has just finished BIS, is seems to be a good course with good placement and good employment afterwards. It's a hybrid course so it doesn't tie you to either IT or Business, which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭embraer170

I very much agree with what nesf.

Also people seem to go to nice places on work placement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

that they do. the people in charge in BIS seem to be very nice people. not sure of the anount of graduates that get jobs within 6 months of finishing BIS but i would imagine its quiet high

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

solice wrote:
    that they do. the people in charge in BIS seem to be very nice people. not sure of the anount of graduates that get jobs within 6 months of finishing BIS but i would imagine its quiet high

Again, not speaking from personal experience, but there seemed to be a lot of corporate interest in the graduates this year. Many of them had jobs found before taking the final exams.

It seems like a good way into corporate work definitely. Whether one wants to do that kind of work is a seperate question altogether.

In comparisson, physics grads nearly all end up going into a postgrad. There are no Irish companies looking to hire people straight out of the degree.

Advertisement