Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galvanising and fertiliser

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Reggie. wrote: »
    Would ya not give the poor bugger a wash to get the green mould off it :D
    I think the moss is doing more good than harm, an extra protective layer :D I love the organic look ;) no one going to "borrow" it lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

Oldtree wrote: »
    I think the moss is doing more good than harm, an extra protective layer :D I love the organic look ;) no one going to "borrow" it lol
    did you treat her to new front rims at some stage?

f140 wrote: »
    did you treat her to new front rims at some stage?
    She didn't come with anything new, so doubt she misses them, umong other things :D The doors have just fallen off so no need for air con:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,344 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

She didn't come with anything new, so doubt she misses them, umong other things :D The doors have just fallen off so no need for air con:)

What about a heater

Reggie. wrote: »
    What about a heater
    Have piped the exhaust into the cab so that should do :D

• Advertisement

Have piped the exhaust into the cab so that should do :D

Ah suicide method.....risky ;)

Felt I should say that was a joke before I get reported to the H&S :D

The first time I started the 3600 I got covered is sh1t as there was no cover on top of the exhaust to stop water going in and it had been sitting around for a while. Job no 1, apply Exhaust weather cover cap :rolleyes:
    http://www.tractorpartsinc.com/ford_tractor_exhaust_weather_caps_165_ctg.htm

Felt I should say that was a joke before I get reported to the H&S :D

The first time I started the 3600 I got covered is sh1t as there was no cover on top of the exhaust to stop water going in and it had been sitting around for a while. Job no 1, apply Exhaust weather cover cap :rolleyes:
    http://www.tractorpartsinc.com/ford_tractor_exhaust_weather_caps_165_ctg.htm

Remember I started a 135 one time with a can on the exhaust that I forgot to remove. Off it flew and I thought it was gone till it fell back to earth via my head. It bloody hurt that did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

said id come back to this, was spreading a bit of fert saturday and there was a galv meal trough in corner of the feild, i obviously didnt get the shutter off in time as when i went to trough on sunday there were a few bits in it. they had just barely began to dissolve and when i wiped them out of it with a hand full of grass you could straight away see where they had been :(:( you could see the galv had been removed from under the grains :(

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Zr105 wrote: »
    said id come back to this, was spreading a bit of fert saturday and there was a galv meal trough in corner of the feild, i obviously didnt get the shutter off in time as when i went to trough on sunday there were a few bits in it. they had just barely began to dissolve and when i wiped them out of it with a hand full of grass you could straight away see where they had been :(:( you could see the galv had been removed from under the grains :(

This is what worries me but I am assured that if washed after use and not left overnight that this will not happen. I have a Galv sower ordered so I will soon know.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

I got a cavallo spreader about 5,years ago. I was told when I got it that the hopper would rust but the rest of it wouldn't. The under part of it has now started to rust. I gave €1,400 for it new. It can hold 500kg of 18-6-12.
    I always wash it after use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭hopeso

restive wrote: »
    I got a cavallo spreader about 5,years ago. I was told when I got it that the hopper would rust but the rest of it wouldn't. The under part of it has now started to rust. I gave €1,400 for it new. It can hold 500kg of 18-6-12.
    I always wash it after use.

Has it the stainless steel hopper? I don't see why it would rust. I have one here since 2001, and the hopper is still like new.....

The hopper is good. It is the frame underneath that has started to rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭hopeso

restive wrote: »
    The hopper is good. It is the frame underneath that has started to rust.

Sorry, I meant I don’t understand why someone told you it would rust.....

hopeso wrote: »
    Sorry, I meant I don’t understand why someone told you it would rust.....

They guy I bought it from said the under carriage would not rust but he said the hopper was not rust proof.

Advertisement