Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Roses/Heroes/Quality Street/Celebrations et al Thread

• 29-10-2014 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Roses - 753g

Quality Street - 780g

€6.00 until 2nd November in Tesco

IIRC these got down to a fiver last year pre Christmas?

Any other place have any of the ones listed in the thread title on special at present i.e. €6.00 or below ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Can I suggest that any mention of how big they used to be or how whatever price is or isn't a bargain be left out of this thread.

We all know how big they used to be any how much they all used to cost in fairness.

Anyone else agree?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Eh, the C midwinter festival is another
    two months
    sixth of a year
    56 days,3 hours & 1 minute away

etc etc..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Heroes are €7 a tub in Tesco ATM, don't know what size the are as I had to destroy the evidence :(

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭inthehole1

cadbury heroes,quality street and mars celebrations 780g 4.49 in local eurospar till sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

inthehole1 wrote:
    cadbury heroes,quality street and mars celebrations 780g 4.49 in local eurospar till sunday

went in for that offer but it was last Sunday. back up to 5.59 now i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

Can I suggest that any mention of how big they used to be or how whatever price is or isn't a bargain be left out of this thread.

We all know how big they used to be any how much they all used to cost in fairness.

Anyone else agree?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I like the new plastic tubs as the 'shrinking' cadbury's roses was taking up a ridiculously small amount of the big tin as they reduced the volume in them year after year. They started off around 1.5kg's and are now just half that.

With the cutting of costs with the new packaging I'd imagine we will see them down to circa €4 by some retailers for Christmas. I bet we will even see a €3.99!

GaGa21 wrote: »
    went in for that offer but it was last Sunday. back up to 5.59 now i think.

got email only today to say it was avaliable till nov 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

inthehole1 wrote:
    got email only today to say it was avaliable till nov 2nd

I wonder is that for members only? I went into the store on bath ave and they had the higher price up. When i looked at the poster again in the window it had sunday 26th.....but maybe I'm wrong......

GaGa21 wrote: »
    I wonder is that for members only? I went into the store on bath ave and they had the higher price up. When i looked at the poster again in the window it had sunday 26th.....but maybe I'm wrong......

You could be right about it been for club members

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Anyone else agree?

So long as everybody remembers too that the Roses aren't as nice as they used to be and don't give me any. Quality Street FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

has to be a eurp spar not a spar if you get my drift !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

inthehole1 wrote: »

Now we're talking ! Cheers

EDIT - or maybe not as I dont see them on their website ;-(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,992 ✭✭✭✭noodler

ectoraige wrote: »
    So long as everybody remembers too that the Roses aren't as nice as they used to be and don't give me any. Quality Street FTW.

Yes. Sort it out Cadburys.

Get the lovely Velvet Caramel one back in the green wrapper - the coffee one is an imposter!

Roses and Celebrations are €6.00 in Supervalu at the moment (don't know until when)

snubbleste wrote: »
    Eh, the C midwinter festival is another
    two months
    sixth of a year
    56 days,3 hours & 1 minute away

etc etc..

Ok so we'll close down EVERY BA thread that points towards getting things in early for Christmas for those perhaps on a budget :( If you don't like it or it doesn't appeal to you then don't bother posting. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

noodler wrote: »
    Yes. Sort it out Cadburys.

Get the lovely Velvet Caramel one back in the green wrapper - the coffee one is an imposter!

Yea , love the caramel velvet! I remember last year someone offering me a sweet and I went straight for the green one, thinking it would be lovely caramel, didn't even bother to read the little card as I didn't think anything would have changed, was not a nice taste to get when I realised it was coffee:mad:

Dunnes Stores are selling celebrations roses heroes and quality street are €6.00 until 12th November

Edit - as have Supervalu

They'll be going for €4 in the run-up to Christmas - mark my words......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Last year they were on offer all over for €5 coming up to Christmas. Bit too early to be buying - I'd end up buying twice over - no sweets in the house are safe :D

And so it starts !!

You know I used to love Roses but they changed that lovely large green caramel guy to a coffee flavour instead and although I like the odd cup of coffee I can't stand coffee chocolate and can taste the coffee off the rest of the chocolates in the tin so am done with Roses. :(
    I'm a Heroes man now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭lmkman

Roses are €5.49 in my local Eurospar.

vicwatson wrote: »
    And so it starts !!

Someone will offer €3.99 or €4 in the last couple pf weeks into Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Anyone spot any bargains on Scots Clan sweets?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

aldi are getting roses in for €4.99 on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

There's a shop in Blackrock in Cork called Meadow Grove.

They are doing the Roses for €4.99 or two for €9.00.

Just looking at their fb page, and they also have plenty other bargains there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭40now

My local Tesco are selling these for €4:95 today, picked up a heroes and celebrations, loads in stock, BTW my local Tesco is crumln village.

Advertisement