Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

like the price on simon later 6/5, excuse his last blip v faber and I think
    he wins this one

think overeem might get knocked out also 5/4

singles double

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

I've backed Colby to win on points, he ain't winning any other way and I think 13/5 is a big price for two very evenly matched fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

I think fabar is a great price.
    I've seen nothing from yan to suggest he should be that short

Viviane Araujo (decision)
    Ketlen Vieira (decision)
    Chase Hooper (win)

9/1 treble.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,498 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

smilerf wrote:
    I think fabar is a great price. I've seen nothing from yan to suggest he should be that short
    Get on early, I can see that price falling. I like him too.
    Other outsider that I'm looking at is Mike Perry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭tinpib

My usual value bets for tonight:

Jessica Eye weighed in 5 pounds heavy and is the outsider, don't recall her opponent but from looking at her record I get a whiff of hype machine about her, Eye is 3.25 on B365 using your standard women's fight to go to decision oddsbooster.

Have been backing against Petr Yan for ages, though I was impressed LTO. Can't ignore the 4.8 for Faber on B365 though, I assumed he was past it but he got Ricky Simon out of there sharpish LTO.

• Put a few quid on Colby via decision.

Yan pts
    Neal pts
    8/1

Yan pts
    Neal pts
    Moraes pts
    33/1

Added Holloway also pts

Ketlen Viera points at evens feels like buying money.

I've singles and a double on Mike Perry and Urijah Faber.
    I've a treble of Nunes in round 1, Volkanovski and Akhmedov.
    Thinkinh very strongly if backing Usman by ko, I haven't pulled the trigger yet but really like it.
    I'm gonna back Aldo too, he looked in super shape at the weigh in.

• eagle eye wrote: »
    Ketlen Viera points at evens feels like buying money.

I've singles and a double on Mike Perry and Urijah Faber.
    I've a treble of Nunes in round 1, Volkanovski and Akhmedov.
    Thinkinh very strongly if backing Usman by ko, I haven't pulled the trigger yet but really like it.
    I'm gonna back Aldo too, he looked in super shape at the weigh in.

I rewatched both all Colbys fights recentlhy and I think the results will either be Colby via deicision or Usman via KO/TKO. I went with Colby via decision because I think its the most likely outcome but I wouldn't be surprised to see Usman Ko him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Looking at McGregor KO/TKO in round 2 4/1. The short money is on round one, but given his change up in style and Cowboy's stand offish approach, I can't see McGregor going flat out from the go.

Mazo (Dec)
    Gadelha (Dec)
    McGregor (KO/TKO)

10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Looking at McGregor KO/TKO in round 2 4/1. The short money is on round one, but given his change up in style and Cowboy's stand offish approach, I can't see McGregor going flat out from the go.

Went the same

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Conor by sub round 2

You heard it here first folks

• Mellor wrote: »
    Conor by sub round 2

Are you being serious? You always seem like you know what you are talking about, so if you are serious I might throw a few quid on that but I am guessing you were joking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Mellor wrote: »
    Conor by sub round 2

Lol, I went for cowboy submission round 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Pettis at 2/1 is interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

I really should not bet on this, but I have gone for Cowboy (the odds are too good). I think if cowboy can avoid the left in the first 2 rounds he will take Conner, especially if his head is right. If he gets his Al Iaquinta head on, its his.

The big unknowns are which Cowboy will show up, how has Conner's power translated to 170, and will Conner gas after 2.

I think barber might be worth a few quid on pts at 16/5 pp

roxy has only been ko'd once in 39 fiights, will more than likely
    get a battering but not sure if barber should be odds on for a ko

got around 11/8 for the treble of conor ko, nasrat and holly/raq to go the distance

if cowboy can somehow get past 2 rounds I think he has every chance but he'll no doubt stand with conor and get clipped imo
    He's after fighting two top three guys/killers though so I don't believe this fight will be harder for cowboy and maybe I shouldn't write him off but this fight
    is right up mc gregor's street

mailburner wrote:
    I think barber might be worth a few quid on pts at 16/5 pp

I like her for a round 1 win.

• Advertisement

• Roxanne Modafferi is 7/1 to win. I threw 5 quid on that.

• Roxanne Modafferi is 7/1 to win. I threw 5 quid on that.

Never count out the toughness of Roxanne, Barber was toughness was also unreal during that fight.

Roxanne Modafferi is 7/1 to win. I threw 5 quid on that.
    Nice job.

• eagle eye wrote: »
    Nice job.

Thanks :D I knew she was a deserved underdog but 7/1 in places? Thats crazy!

What do people think of Petis via KO at 8/1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Thanks :D I knew she was a deserved underdog but 7/1 in places? Thats crazy!

Backed him straight but now that you mention it, if he wins will probably be a stoppage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Again I though the odds were good so I backed him straight. Its all underdog for me tonight.

Roxanne Modafferi is 7/1 to win. I threw 5 quid on that.

very nice

• I already have 5 euro on Petitis by KO but I think I'll throw another 5 on it.

I think he is being underrated by a lot if people. He hasn't lost to a bad or even average fighter.
    I'm tempted by sub though.

• Advertisement

My first serious bet of the night is on Osborne by finish at 11/8.

Oleinik by sub is my other serious bet.

I'm not sure what to make of the Holm/Pennington fight. Holm beat her before and she became a better fighter after that but she hasn't looked great in her last couple of fights. Having said that Pennington hasn't been up to much outside of the Aldana fight. Think ill back Holly to win by decision.
    Main event is guesswork really. McGregor looks great, good attitude too. I've a feeling looking at him that ge has worked hard on his ground game which he badly needed to. I'm gonna have a small fun bet on him to win by sub.

Advertisement