Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3 end of contract deal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Scribbler100

Delighted I found this thread, thanks OP. Had reached end of contract and went on webchat asking what they could offer me for SIM only. Was offered €30, then €20 but I held out and mentioned that that was still double what my son was paying GoMo. Finally got the €10 per month deal. Took about an hour on webchat, which is crazy, but for me the savings mean it was an hour well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Morby

I'm not currently a Three customer. I chanced my arm with inline chat to see if they could price match with GoMo on their 30 day rolling bill pay €30 pm plan, but no dice there. Was told that their €10 offers were finished and presumably I wouldn't get it anyhow as I wasn't an existing customer.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten then to price match GoMo in recent times, as most people on this thread got it done a month ago, I wonder are they doing still doing it, especially now as GoMo have announced that they're ending their offer in January?

Also, I'm thinking now of just signing up to their 30 day SIM only plan and paying €30 for the first month and then once I'm an "existing" customer they may be able to drop it down to a tenner a month for me?

I know no-one can say either way for sure, but anyone reckon this might work for me?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Morby wrote: »
    I'm not currently a Three customer. I chanced my arm with inline chat to see if they could price match with GoMo on their 30 day rolling bill pay €30 pm plan, but no dice there. Was told that their €10 offers were finished and presumably I wouldn't get it anyhow as I wasn't an existing customer.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten then to price match GoMo in recent times, as most people on this thread got it done a month ago, I wonder are they doing still doing it, especially now as GoMo have announced that they're ending their offer in January?

Also, I'm thinking now of just signing up to their 30 day SIM only plan and paying €30 for the first month and then once I'm an "existing" customer they may be able to drop it down to a tenner a month for me?

I know no-one can say either way for sure, but anyone reckon this might work for me?

Very much doubt it, don’t see why any company would be interested in giving such an offer to a customer who is only with them 1 month.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,272 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

My wife and I are both on 30 day SIM only plans with Three. I contacted them yesterday and they dropped the price for each of us to €10pm for 12 months after initially offering €15pm. That said, we've been with them for a few years, I'd imagine they'd be less likely to offer that deal to new customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Morby

Thanks guys, appreciate the heads up and honesty, was thinking the same myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

Im out of contract at the moment with 3, 25euro a month for 150 minutes, 150 texts and 2Gs of data(something crap like that anyway). Been with 02 and then switched to 3 automatically and just stayed. Ive tried them a few time to price match Gomo, no luck. They keep saying there brining out there own offer and the bes tthey could go to for the same limits is 20euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

Morby wrote: »

No, I got my €30 per month reduced but I am with them years, at that time I asked the agent if I got the same deal for my son Then I would port over his number. They said no it’s for existing customers only to retain customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Glebee wrote: »
    They keep saying there brining out there own offer

More evidence that Three/48 are planning a GoMo rival offering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

JTMan wrote: »
    More evidence that Three/48 are planning a GoMo rival offering.

Or just delaying until the GoMo offer ends.

Hoping people will be too lazy to switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Glebee wrote: »
    Im out of contract at the moment with 3, 25euro a month for 150 minutes, 150 texts and 2Gs of data(something crap like that anyway). Been with 02 and then switched to 3 automatically and just stayed. Ive tried them a few time to price match Gomo, no luck. They keep saying there brining out there own offer and the bes tthey could go to for the same limits is 20euro

Just switch. Three will probably bring out an offer that's only for new customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

For anyone who got the reduction to €10 I recommend checking your bill. Both myself and my GF were told we would be switched to the €10 a month sim only plan but were both overcharged for the last 2 bills.

I've contacted them and been told, I will be credited the overpayment and the bill will be changed to €10 from next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭gifted

matrim wrote: »
    For anyone who got the reduction to €10 I recommend checking your bill. Both myself and my GF were told we would be switched to the €10 a month sim only plan but were both overcharged for the last 2 bills.

I've contacted them and been told, I will be credited the overpayment and the bill will be changed to €10 from next month.

Same happened the missus.....bills went out today but for her old price. ...rang them up and they are checking it.....thank God she had a transcript of her chat .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Same thing happened to me.

Rang last month as soon as the bill was issued and was told that I was given the wrong info and the twelve months would start from this month. I was given a credit on my bill for the 20 euro.

Rang again this month and was told the same again, but this this time they would not initially give me a credit. Then put me on hold for 15 minutes while they 'spoke to their manager' and offered a 10 euro credit. When I pointed out that I had a chat transcript and recordings of that and the previous call suddenly their 'manager' authorised a full credit. Its still not showing on the system even though I rang up again and have been told it has been applied.

We'll see what comes out of my account on the 10th of January. If Gomo really have ended their offer at that point I wouldn't be surprised if Three try to deny ever offering the competing one. Apart from my chat transcript, they have never acknowledged it in writing to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

So it's not just me then. First bill came for 30 euro instead of 10. Got onto chat support and they told me the 10 euro will be applied from next month and I'll be credited the overcharge. If the next bill comes to 30 euro again then they can f*ck right off because I'll be cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Same thing happened me and I was told the 12 months start this month. This month I have been charged 31.25 as well. Not impressed at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭micks_address

My contract ends April 20th. Can I just port to another network march 20?

Planning to get a Gomo sim this week and port in march

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Just got offered this deal on chat. Was a prepay €20 per month customer. Got offered €15 per month first but just said sorry, gomo is cheaper but thanks for the help. Came back a few minutes later with the €10 offer. Three works well for me and I didn't want to go through all the porting stuff etc so happy days!

So, after three phone calls to three this month where I was assured that a credit was placed on my account, they have just taking the full 33 Euro.

I am absolutely livid.

Is anyone else still experiencing this?

sunbeam wrote: »
    So, after three phone calls to three this month where I was assured that a credit was placed on my account, they have just taking the full 33 Euro.

I am absolutely livid.

Is anyone else still experiencing this?

My3 Account is saying next bill due is for 32.96 but in the spend outside allowance section of my plan breakdown it says the balance is minus 59.77. So I guess they're using a cumbersome system of crediting the account enough to cancel out the extra 20 euro rather than just debiting a tenner a month.

They told me that they had put a 40 euro credit on my account and nothing would come out this month, which confused me a lot but I thought they might be doing something similar to what you experienced.

Two different agents told me the same thing even though no credit or adjustment was visible anywhere online. When I queried this they said that the credit just wouldn't show up online, but it did in November.

Actually looking at my online account now, they seem to have added 20 Euro to my bill bringing the total up to 53 Euro and then taken 20 Euro off bringing it down to 33. :confused:

• Advertisement

Yeah I'd keep at them, the fact they've taken 33 euro from you again shows that they haven't applied the credit to the account. Maybe try and get put through to the Limerick based after sales team, might have more luck than with the Indian customer service team. I'll be keeping a close eye on my bills because Three just can't be trusted to do anything right.

I think that the last two calls went to the Limerick team. The staff sounded Irish anyway. I will get back on to them again in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭CoconutSky

Three did the exact same thing to me. I was livid, it’s been going on months. I wrote a letter of complaint to:

Three Ireland,
    McLaughlin Road,
    National Technology Park,
    Limerick.

They wrote back to say they would credit my account €60.00

Don’t let them get away with it. They’ve no right to take €30 out of our bank accounts when we are contracted €9.99 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭gerrykiddy

I contacted them yesterday after getting my second old rate bill. I got through to Limerick. They located the "promise" straight away and gave me the effective date. They asked for 10 days to arrange the credit. Not painful and I wait with confidence. My agents name was Owen who seemed familiar with the problem and was really helpful. You must ask.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

gerrykiddy wrote: »
    I contacted them yesterday after getting my second old rate bill. I got through to Limerick. They located the "promise" straight away and gave me the effective date. They asked for 10 days to arrange the credit. Not painful and I wait with confidence. My agents name was Owen who seemed familiar with the problem and was really helpful. You must ask.

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but I spoke to Owen last week and he assured me he would sort out this issue by my next billing date. My next billing date has passed and the discounted price still hasn’t been applied. I’ve just rang them up again now and I’m awaiting a call back. They are saying that the issue in my case is possibly the fact that I’m currently still on an old ID mobile customer plan were we are currently paying 14.99 as opposed to 30 a month. Thankfully I have the email confirmation from early November.

I am requesting that the commence my offer from next Nikki date rather than giving me credit, as it means I get the best of both worlds, as I’m only pays fiver over the deal on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I rang on November 8th and got this deal but noticed that my December bill was also for €14.99 (I'm also an ID Mobile convert). Got onto the Chat and they assured me the next bill would be €10 so I said I'd let that one month slide. If they charge me €14.99 again though I'll be ringing them and asking for both months to be refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

I'm the same. €10 a month not applied. I've been assured it will be applied for next month. Wait till end of the month to see the proof

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭BobMc

Similar happened me last year was overcharged on three bills by e10 each bill never did get the credit just an extension on the discount I'm going to chech when its up as was fro 12months but think its a rolling contract

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Seems like 3 just offered the deal to stem the tide to gomo and didn't bother to update their billing system.

IMO the best way to resolve it is to lodge a formal complaint with 3 and go to Comreg if not resolved by 3.

If 3 deny the offer and you dont have an email to prove it then do a data request (SAR) to access the phone call and / or chat transcript of the offer being agreed.

There is the possibility of getting direct debits refunded if 3 don't resolve the overcharging but that's probably the last resort unless you decide to switch to gomo before they raise their price.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I had a similar problem with three before. I got on to chat and told them I wanted to cancel. They asked me why and I told them what happened. After a bit of over and back, they applied a credit to my account equal to the amount I was overcharged. It might be worth a try.

Advertisement