Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭chasm

I thought I'd buy a few books with my credit before I switch providers tomorrow - waste of time! Play store throwing up error message, but 3 still deducted the money! Funny how these glitches always work in their favour lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

chasm wrote: »
    I thought I'd buy a few books with my credit before I switch providers tomorrow - waste of time! Play store throwing up error message, but 3 still deducted the money! Funny how these glitches always work in their favour lol

I bought a book earlier, no issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Same issue here

Same issue here

Judging by the "community" section on their website, they have had issues with it for over a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭thebo

bennyc wrote: »
    I have gone the coinbase route and bought some crypto (I have 2 accounts, a mobile and also a three router) , I then created a skrill account and was able to top up my Paddy Power account. Took a fair bit of messing and jumping around but worked out in the end.
    Forgot to top up the phone over the weekend and burned through 35 quid :mad::mad::mad: so lost out on 13 euro.

Can you go through steps of doing this. Would also like to top up my Paddy power with credit.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 LyonsForLife

Works for youtube premium subscription too (works on android, not sure about iPhone)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Same thing here too. Still waiting for the refund after 2 days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

I have gone the coinbase route and bought some crypto (I have 2 accounts, a mobile and also a three router) , I then created a skrill account and was able to top up my Paddy Power account. Took a fair bit of messing and jumping around but worked out in the end.
    Forgot to top up the phone over the weekend and burned through 35 quid :mad::mad::mad: so lost out on 13 euro.
    Does this work with Vodafone credit? Would you mind giving a bit more detail on how you managed to get money into Skrill?

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    Same thing here too. Still waiting for the refund after 2 days now.

I am switching provider today so 3 have said they will not be able to refund me! I will be lodging a complaint with Comreg. 3 will be refunding me, even if it is by cheque!

*Edit - 3 have now credited my account with the price of the ebook, but have said I can not use the credit on the play store due to the difficulties they are experiencing. So where else can I spend 3 credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭webpal

I just got text to say it would be another 3 days. First it was 24hrs, then another 24hrs, then 2 days and now 3 days. I will definitely move if credit can't be spent in playstore

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I am switching provider today so 3 have said they will not be able to refund me! I will be lodging a complaint with Comreg. 3 will be refunding me, even if it is by cheque!

*Edit - 3 have now credited my account with the price of the ebook, but have said I can not use the credit on the play store due to the difficulties they are experiencing. So where else can I spend 3 credit?

All else fails, consider donating to charity.

https://api.likecharity.com/charities/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

thebo wrote: »
    Can you go through steps of doing this. Would also like to top up my Paddy power with credit.

Thanks

Just give to a charity haha

Never thought I'd say that but you are just throwing it away anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rubix02

Use the credit to enter competitions via SMS for example: https://www.rte.ie/tv/competitions

Does anyone bother to read the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

davegilly wrote: »
    Does this work with Vodafone credit? Would you mind giving a bit more detail on how you managed to get money into Skrill?

I would imagine it would work with Vf, the steps for me were a bit messy, if you set up a bitpay wallet instead of a coinbase one it will save time.

Set up a Coingate account to buy Crypto from your phone credit
    I had a set up a coinbase account to transfer the Crypto into so my funds were there.
    Skrill would only accept payment from BitPay so I had to set up a Bipay account and transfer from my Coinbase wallet into this.
    Then transferred Bitpay to Skrill.
    Finally Paddy Power top up page allows payment from Skrill.

A whole lot of hassle but passed a few hours setting it all up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,587 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I would imagine it would work with Vf, the steps for me were a bit messy, if you set up a bitpay wallet instead of a coinbase one it will save time.

Set up a Coingate account to buy Crypto from your phone credit
    I had a set up a coinbase account to transfer the Crypto into so my funds were there.
    Skrill would only accept payment from BitPay so I had to set up a Bipay account and transfer from my Coinbase wallet into this.
    Then transferred Bitpay to Skrill.
    Finally Paddy Power top up page allows payment from Skrill.

A whole lot of hassle but passed a few hours setting it all up.

So say you had €50 credit. How much in the end actually ends up in the Paddy Power account?

About €25 after all fees/conversions or thereabouts?

• mrcheez wrote: »
    So say you had €50 credit. How much in the end actually ends up in the Paddy Power account?

About €25 after all fees/conversions or thereabouts?

https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2057869861&query=coingate

35 euro credit ~ 13 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Stupify

So is the play store working now for 3 credit? Anybody tried recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Raoul

Stupify wrote: »

I tried yesterday and it didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Stupify wrote: »

I just bought 2 ebooks from the play store with 3 credit so it's working fine for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Still an issue for me, received below from 3 when I contacted them:
    Thanks for your patience, McGovern we are having an ongoing issue on google play store which is being checked by our engineers and issue will be resolve shortly. Further, the amount that has been charged on your account will be refunded within 3 to 5 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Got charged 4X€9.99 for play music sub this month:

15/11/2019 08:21:47 charged 1 00:00:00 9.99
    15/11/2019 08:23:34 charged 1 00:00:00 9.99
    15/11/2019 08:28:39 charged 1 00:00:00 9.99
    15/11/2019 09:28:45 charged 1 00:00:00 9.99

Got charged 4X€9.99 for play music sub this month:

15/11/2019 08:21:47 charged 1 00:00:00 9.99
    15/11/2019 08:23:34 charged 1 00:00:00 9.99
    15/11/2019 08:28:39 charged 1 00:00:00 9.99
    15/11/2019 09:28:45 charged 1 00:00:00 9.99

Where are you able to see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Raoul wrote: »
    Where are you able to see this?
    Got a usage report via 3 webchat support.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

Now onto my third "Turn around time for the request is 72 hours". And no sign of my credit being refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

calnand wrote: »
    Now onto my third "Turn around time for the request is 72 hours". And no sign of my credit being refunded.

Yeah, same here. I had a proper rant at a lad called 'Harsh' this evening. Its 11 days since my Netflix was taken twice, and 10 days since I initiated a refund, keep getting the "Refund is in progress, we have a lot of other customers in the same boat, your refund is in progress, it'll be 72 hrs blah, blah, blah."

Threatened moving to GOMO, didn't have any effect, wrote a damning critique of their chat support after, well at least I got it off my chest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

calnand wrote: »

Same here, a full week gone now. Moving to GoMo anyway after this gets sorted as Three has been abysmal for me recently.

Might be a good idea to complain on twitter. Companies don't like these issues being raised in public.

Did anyone get a refund from 3 yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 tonyrich1

Trying to use my Vodafone credit to pay for parking via parking tag.

Keep getting the same error.
    Your mobile provider has blocked this transaction.
    Vodafone telling me it’s an issue on the parking tag app end.
    Parking tag telling me the message is being received but Vodafone are blocking my credit being taken..

Anyone seen this before?

Advertisement